Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,420 reviews
on October 12, 2016
Great new features! Awesome Racer. Key features include:
Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
• The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
• Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
• People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
• The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
on January 30, 2014
Great game for both kids and adults. Fun and challenging with high replay value for both single player as well as multiplayer

Online multiplayer works flawlessly. Local multiplayer is fantastic requiring only 1 person own the game which can be shared with other player's 3DS via local wifi.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on May 13, 2014
I remember when the first Mario Kart was introduced on the Super Nintendo. I thought it was a fun game... I never thought it would garner the attention that it did.

Six iterations later, and we have Mario Kart.... 7. Let's see, Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, Nintendo DS Mario Kart, Wii Mario Kart... and yeap, I think that's all of them.

7 brings some fresh new ways of getting around the tracks... mostly through the air and underwater... All in all, it's the same game we all know and love, race, get items, get hit mercilessly by the blue flying shell of death whenever you're in first, and drift.

There's nothing really different from the Wii version aside from the two new modes of transportation mentioned earlier.

I have yet to play it online, so I do not have anything to write about that feature (but I probably will add it on... eventually...)

All in all, a great Mario franchise title... I cannot wait to play 8 when it comes out later this month...
on May 11, 2013
We got this game despite the fact that we have the Mario Kart for DS, and after HOURS of kids pleading, whining, cajoling, watching footage on Youtube, etc.

Yes, the music is completely haunting. That is, since we got this game three days ago, the kids have been continuously playing it and the music haunts us in our sleep, in our pajamas, just outside the bathroom, on the staircase, on the treadmill, at the dinner table, upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, in the car, getting out of the car, wherever there's enough space for a child holding a 3DS XL. And when there's no space, they just squeeze in anyway.

That said, it is a beautiful experience for the children to pretend to be Mario world creatures, flying through the air, diving under the ocean, on their crazy inane vehicles, careening around in fantastic scenery. It's not violent and it's not a first person shooter game. It's funny and fast. There are no scary monsters, scenarios, or scenery. And friends who have DS's love playing them together. I can think of worse ways to spend a rainy day.
This review is with the help of my 12 year old son - a huge Mario fan for many years. He has played (for many hours) Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash (GameCube), Mario Kart for DS, and Mario Kart for Wii.

So in his words...

"I really like the feel of Mario Kart 7. It combined DS and Wii games and took out the inconveniences of both. While loving both of the other games, I couldn't get the hang of tilting the Wii remote to steer, or trying to get past anyone on 150cc DS. Luckily, MK 7 plays like a slightly easier DS with the design of a better-controlled Wii. There are 16 new courses, 2 of which take place on Wuhu Island, from Mii games. Some of these races are divided into sections instead of laps, which I found to be very interesting. The hang glider and underwater sections are actually more plentiful than I expected, varying from a little hang glider ramp to laps that are halfway underwater. It also has 16 Retro Courses, from all past games. Unlike other installments, they added more shortcuts and took advantage of water hazards, an example being the pool from Gamecube's Daisy Cruiser.

There are many coins scattered over the courses to collect, which you use to unlock new cart customizations. I haven't tried out the best combinations, but racing with the standard cart is great, too. The battles add three new courses and bring back three old ones. While some of the better arenas were overlooked, like Pipe Plaza or Block Fort, I'm happy with the new ones.

Overall, this is my second favorite Mario Kart game coming up behind Double Dash and a great addition to the 3DS lineup."

As an adult playing it, it is fun but my finger gets tired holding down the button for gas and I get a little motion sickness playing it after awhile. A side affect of getting old(er).
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2015
This is a great game! We have Mario Kart 8 for Wii U, and love that game. This is the portable version for 3DS. My kids (teenagers) love it, so I got myself one too (yes . . . I have a 3DS). It is great for passing the time in waiting rooms and such, and is a fun game. Since we like it so well, I also bought one for my 8 year old nephew and he was absolutely ecstatic. There are different courses, different characters to play with, different motorcycles and karts to choose from. Some of the characters and vehicles need to be unlocked. Like all things Mario, there are many different challenges to keep things interesting.
on July 26, 2014
Where should I start, this game is awesome, I love it. This is the best game so far for the 3ds, in my opinion with the many bew features that it has. This game, Super Mario 3d Land and Pokemon Y were the first 3 games that I bought when I finally got my 3ds. The only thing that I didn't really like was the absence of the VS option. Sometimes I just want to race with the 150 cc speed but normal difficulty but after doing the 150 cc cups, it felt like the difficulty was not challenging at all. Maybe it was because trying to complete the 150 cc cups on Mario Kart Wii kicked my butt so bad my skills impro ed or something like that because I finished in 1st place in all the races and I'm not trying to brag. Anyways this game is great everyone should get this game and for anyone who says that they don't like Mario Kart then theres something wrong with them.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2013
Any fan of the MK series will know what to expect. This game is so wide reaching that three generations could play this side-by-side and all have a great time of it. That being said, it does make a great gift for anyone who owns a 3DS, no matter the age.
There are things to unlock, just as in the classic MK series, and there are several special updates that are just for this edition.
One of my favorite features are the new maps. Each 'classic', or race bracket, is broken down into maps that have appeared in previous editions and new maps that are exclusive to the 3DS.
The 3D addition to the game just brings things to a whole new level and adds a new perspective to the awesome game play.
Would recommend to any age for any reason. Great classic game to have for those times when you want to play something not too serious, but still have some competitive fun.
on March 17, 2016
Great Product. I bought my with the 3DS for her birthday as she always wanted one. Was able to give her this game for almost 10$ cheaper than the store. I ended up playing it more than she did and it is fantastic. It's been a while since I have played a hand held system and this game was flawless and brought me back to my childhood with gameboys. Graphics are as good as the home system. Thanks Nintendo you are the best! Also if you can release 8 for the 3DS that would be great!
on January 27, 2014
This game was purchased for my son about two months ago and he loves it. I even have to admit that I get sucked in playing it from time to time. It plays just like the version on the Wii. The game even has a mode where you can steer the karts by using the tilt/yaw function on the 3DS. All the classic Mario characters are there and have a few new ones added in as you climb the ranks and unlock them. One thing I really like about it that it allows you to race as your own Mii character. It has all kinds of customization options for your karts to make them faster, handle better, etc. Thanks to the multi-play feature on the 3DS systems, up to four friends can play at once against each other. Nintendo doesn't dissapoint with this one. I would highly recommend this game for anyone!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.