Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 5, 2017
This is Mario Kart 7 a game in the Mario series where Mario, his family and friends (and even enemies) and even a Mii race around in tracks to see who the fastest and slickest racer is. You can customize your cart for style and speed or even play as a Mii to add your own personality to it. There are also power-ups to help you win, but beware the blue shell if you're in first place... Play against local gamers or compete online against world players. Have fun!
on January 27, 2014
This game was purchased for my son about two months ago and he loves it. I even have to admit that I get sucked in playing it from time to time. It plays just like the version on the Wii. The game even has a mode where you can steer the karts by using the tilt/yaw function on the 3DS. All the classic Mario characters are there and have a few new ones added in as you climb the ranks and unlock them. One thing I really like about it that it allows you to race as your own Mii character. It has all kinds of customization options for your karts to make them faster, handle better, etc. Thanks to the multi-play feature on the 3DS systems, up to four friends can play at once against each other. Nintendo doesn't dissapoint with this one. I would highly recommend this game for anyone!
on December 30, 2011
This game is very fun just like mario kart ds was. It has the great graphics of mario kart wii with the fun you can expect from mario kart ds.

The major problem with mario kart wii was that it was very luck based because of its imbalance of items and lack of any real strategy to recover from getting hit with 5 blue shells every race. I also like how there are 8 players instead of 12. The new items like the fire flower and tanooki leaf make the game even more interesting. As tradition, mario kart has 16 new stages and 16 old stages. I am pleased with the selection of the retro courses and how new features such as paragliding are in the old stages.

Online play is really fun and improved over the previous games. You can play battles online and are not forced to play in teams. But as great as the online is, it does have issues. Sometimes when there is a communication error, you will get this ''please wait'' message for 3-5 minutes. You may be able to speed up the process by turning off the wireless switch, but for the most part it is a 5 minute wait. So despite the occasional hangups this game has online, it is still worth it for the mario kart fans.
on January 11, 2014
It is a good little racing game. I can’t call myself a Mario Kart fan, but I have MK Double Dash and have good memories of it. First and foremost, I was keen on interesting tracks. I got those and lots of them. Of special note was the Special cup which held up to the standard of having the most interesting tracks. Rainbow road was great again yet all of them where very fun. I liked having four extra cups of past courses and since I have seen very few of them, it essentially doubled the number of new courses in the game.
After I had seen all the tracks and had fun exploring the aspects of the game I began to rely of the races themselves to have fun. The racing was pretty decent, smooth and hard not to enjoy yourself. I ran into the same paradox though of the easy races being too easy and the harder races being annoyingly hard. But I guess that is good old Mario Kart for you and I am not sure I would want to change it.
At first the 3D could be cool and make the tracks look better. But let’s face it; I soon got too busy with the races to care. The wifi works great but I quickly grew bored. I guess I just prefer to race people live. All the same, I really appreciate the option.
on March 3, 2016
This game is still as good as the franchise has ever been. It has better than ever graphics, the game play is fast-paced, involved, and as crazy as it has ever been. I really like how this game features a variety of both new tracks to race on and several tracks featured both in the Wii version and SNES versions of Mario Kart. The game features numerous kart and character unlockables which are earned through the course of the game. The game is very friendly to novices of the game, as the game still features three different modes of competition, 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc which allow for differing levels of competition. This game is very clean and child-friendly. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys Mario Kart or any parent looking for a clean game for a great Christmas or birthday present.
on December 7, 2015
The game shipped on time and I used it at the gym when I did cardio machines. The game is just like all the other Mario Karts in the past. The game is fun enough but it can get a tad repetitive if you play it too much at once. I really like the battle mode more than the races, especially the balloons one. It has a ton of modes, racetracks, and racers. I also like how your car can fly when you go off ramps, but in the previous Mario Karts that wasn't an option. Tons of fun in small bursts. Very fun when you play with your friends!
on April 10, 2015
I hadn't played a Mario Kart game since the one on the N64. So it was really amazing to see how much had changed in the series over the years and how much more fun it's become. I love the selection of racers, I love being able to customize my karts, and I really enjoy all the tracks. Both the tracks new to this game as well as the the remade tracks from older games are lots of fun. The game is really good from both an audio and visual standpoint, the controls feel really good, and the online experience is really good. Overall, I highly recommend the game.
on January 12, 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my eight year old daughter. She first received her 3D DS last June, but it did not impress her very much. She played with it, but it did not hold her attention as much as the games on my iPhone like Plants vs Zombies. After she received this game and Super Mario 3D Land for Christmas, she has been playing with it almost nonstop. She favors Mario Kart 3D over Mario 3DLand overwhelmingly. She favors this game over most of the iPhone games.

This game has the same basic racing format as the previous Mario Kart on DS. One new feature that I noticed was a glider on the back of one of the karts which enabled the kart to fly jumps a little. That's cool. Plus, the 3D effect is pretty amazing to me. The graphics are cartoonish but also pretty neat to look at. Some new interesting slightly challenging maps are in this version as well. I recommend this to anyone with a child of about eight that likes racing games.
on December 5, 2012
Either I have gotten very good at Mario Kart games over the years (after beating every single one) or this game is easier than all the others. If so, it was nice not to be absolutely infuriated over a Mario Kart for once.
The big thing about this game was the gliders and underwater driving. The way they talked that up made it sound something great, but its no different from any other game except a propeller or hang glider appears on your cart. Overall, the levels were fun and creative and you can unlock a lot of parts to customize your carts. This is probably the best one besides the Wii and Gamecube ones.

Negative: they didnt put too many characters in it, but keep in mind it is a handheld, hopefully there will be tons of characters on the Wii U mariokart when that comes out to make up for it
on August 26, 2012
Love the game!
A kart-racing game with all kinds of special weapons like banana's (acting like oil on the road), turtle shells acting like rockets, and more..

I loved the game on the 16 bit, and love this one too!

The music is really great; the rainbow track has been nicely upgraded,
The only thing I'm missing is when playing the balloon game (have 3 balloons, and shoot as many balloons as possible), is that one can only choose a few options of what's inside the questionmark boxes.

One can have all weapons, or a select few (only turtles, only bananas)

I can't, for instance, select only turtle shells and banana's. It's either/or, none, or everything.

The 3D effect is nice too. Nothing like Kid Icharus, but it's an improvement on the Mario kart for the N64 (much like the improvement from 8 to 16 to 64 bit).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.