Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

Mario Kart DS
Format: Video Game|Change

on October 11, 2009
Watch the description of your purchases from this provider. The product I bought said "New", but when I received it the box as all scratched up and was not shrink wrapped. When I asked the provider about this, I was told that the game cartridge itself was new. My boys played this game and the screen keeps freezing up on it...Not something that would happen on a "New" game from the store. Just be careful what you buy. I learned that it's better to spend a few extra bucks and get it from a store where I can see what I'm buying!!!
1414 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 19, 2011
I don't want to think about how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on video games over the years for my son, but I have no complaints about this one- it has been the best of ALL. He's had it for YEARS now and it's still one of his all time favorites. It's not the type that he plays, conquers all the levels in a week and then never looks at again. Nor is it the type where he gets stuck on a level and it just becomes frustrating. It's a game that seems to be fun time after time after time. This is also a game you can play with another DS even if they don't have the game, which is SUPER fun. Sometimes I'll have up to 4 boys in the back of the car playing Mario Kart and having a blast while we're driving somewhere. Great game.
on August 8, 2009
This review is by my preteen, Emily:

It is my favorite ds game EVER! Also, my family thinks it is really fun, too! But they prefer the wii game. My little sister and I also like to hit wireless connection on DS's to play together, I recommend this game to anyone, it is:
2. lots of awesome characters
3. cool racetracks
4. it is super fun to race friends/family!
5. unlock everthing, and get special characters and prizes, like trophies!

to race, the only problem is that u need to hold down the A button the whole entire time ur racing. to move, simply use the + contrl pad. to get a dice block to get a trap to use on people, just run through it and it magically gives u a trap! to use it, hit any of the buttons to set it in front/behind you. note: u cannot choose whether it goes behind u or in front. but if u race right into a trap, it will slow u down! how to win: the object is to race to the finish line 1rst. traps can slow people down so u can get ahead, or stay ahead!

tips: to get ahead in the beginning: just simply dont hold down A until the numbers 3...2 go. then, right after it says 2, thats when u hold down A and GO! u will get a speed boost! hope this was helpful!!
on July 31, 2014
This game revolutionizes the Mario Kart series with amazing new characters like Dry Bones and ROB. The course designs were the most creative til Mario Kart 8. It also includes retro tracks from previous games and Mission mode where you complete various missions and fight bosses. Also there are now mini turbo boosts when you hit the red flame when drifting. Overall, this is a great game to play for anyone.
on May 9, 2017
Its Mario Kart on a DS....do I have to say more? Its awesome and it looks great on the DS.
on September 14, 2012
I have not bought many used items on the internet before and I was not all that comfortable with the idea, but my daughter wanted to buy this game and did not have the budget to buy a new game. So, we gave it a try. We bought a "very good" condition Nintendo DS game from this seller. The product arrived quickly, but when my daughter tried to play it, nothing happened. Oh great, what now? I contacted the seller and within a half a day, I had a response - "no worries they would take care it" but they wanted me to try cleaning the contacts first. Did that, still nothing. Contacted the seller, "no worries they would send out a replacement game". Within a few days I got the replacement game. Although I was skeptical, truly no worries. I would definitely buy from this seller again.
on September 29, 2008
I had played the original version of this game as a kid so when I bought my DS I decided to buy the DS version of MarioKart to play when I got fidgety. It's great to play though it seems more challenging than the original. The missions ad an extra element of challenge which I have yet to master but it doesn't stop me trying.
I saw a kid playing the same game one day and he had gone through all the missions so it really goes to show that this is a game for anyone.
on May 5, 2008
Nintendo seems to have a niche for creating games that are fun for all ages. Mario Kart DS is no exception. Except for the cramping in my right hand from extended playing, I really have no complaints about this game. There are a varity of modes of gameplay to keep you interested. I love the drifting and drafting abilities as well as the classic Mario Kart weapons. In Time Trial mode, you actually race against your best time, complete with a "ghost image" replay of your old race. This allows you to compete against yourself. In Battle Mode, the balloon battles are the best. The other battle is Shine Runners where you have to steal shines from other players. Grand Prix and Vs modes are where I tend to spend alot of my time, which is classic Mario Kart racing complete with the slinging of banana peels, turtle shells, and many other Mario weapons. The music and graphics are great, and some of the courses are a real pleasure to look at. I normally do not like driving games because I cannot seem to stay on the track. I picked up on Mario Kart DS quickly, and once I got down the art of drifting through turns, I was hooked. I recommend this game for all ages.
on January 14, 2009
Sure I've heard of Mario but didn't know a thing about the game. That was until I played it on wii at a friends house and found out if was a blast.

I had to search out and wait for a sale or used one and it paid off I found one. What fun it is. Not quite the same as wii of course but still very much fun and I am much better at staying on the track on this one but still not winning very many races.

Practice makes perfect. I was also recommended this by another adult DS player who read my Listmania and responded I needed this and one more game to round out my adult collection. She was right. Now I just have to sell a game as I have a rule one comes in one goes out. Guess I had better hurry and solve Professor Layton and the curious villiage. Who knew that one would be so hard. Yikes I've logged 10 hours not all at once and seem to be getting no where. Oh well different story.

Get Mario Kart it is tons of fun.
on October 29, 2017
My boys loved it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.