Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Mario Kart DS
Format: Video Game|Change

on February 21, 2017
Hey sports fans. What we have here is a cute and fun game, for child to adult, easy to play too. A nice way to pass the time on those rainy days. A must-have for any DS owner. I would definitely recommend this game. Have a great day.
on April 4, 2014
As someone who's time is more Atari 2600 and the original NES I have to say I absolutely loved this game! As someone who has completed the original Mariokart, Gamecube and Wii version I have truly loved playing through this one.... if you play the wii one you will be well prepared for this game... maily that the speed of this is much slower than the Wii, and someone like me can really appreciate that, I think games move much to fast today and only recently did I start gettting back in to video games for that main reason... If you have a DS, this is a must have!! Trust me, even though it doesn't move as fast as home console versions, it is still a true challange, I only beat it as quick as I did b/c I played it as much as I could for 2 weeks... oh, and the missions in this are quite fun also... different, but fun!
on September 15, 2015
Finally getting around to reviewing this! It's old generation at this point, but truly a classic for the DS system. What I love about writing this review, is that when I bought it originally it was for me. Now it's been passed down to my kid who is loving this on his 3DS. The gameplay is solid, expected, and fun. The controls are fine for a DS/3DS system and this is just one of those games that should be considered a 'staple' game on any Nintendo platform.
on August 2, 2011
I never thought I would get into too many DS games, but when I saw my daughter playing this and how much fun it looked, I gave it a try.
I'm familiar with the other Mario Kart games, yet I had never actually played until I played this one, so keep in mind, this is a review from someone who went into playing this game blindly, only knowing the main characters from previous other Mario games.

First, I want to start by saying how surprised I was that I enjoyed a racing game so much. I'm usually more into the platform games and usually "steer" away from any kind of game related to racing, but this one was the exception. It's fun for all ages, and my daughter I had lots of fun playing this together. Figuring out the buttons was simple enough, and making Mario (or your character of choice) race to victory was pretty fun.

The graphics are pretty amazing for a handheld like the DS, and again I was surprised at just how colorful and creative the characters and scenery was. I've seen my daughter play quite a few DS games, but only a few have measured up to the graphics in Mario DS.

My favorite part however, was just having a reason to get to play again with the same characters I grew up playing with. From Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Princess Peach (and a few others), I was happy to hear their typical sounds and watch their expressions. This is also a pretty in-depth game in which you can unlock extra tracks, play solo mode or go straight for the Grand Prix. There is enough there to keep you occupied for quite a while.

My daughter to this day still plays Mario DS. In fact she just started a new game, which prompted to write a review on how pleased I am to finally find a game that can be played for years without getting bored. With the prices of games these days, this is definitely a blessing.

I'd recommend Mario DS to just about anyone who likes fun family- friendly games. You just can't go wrong with Mario!
on October 2, 2017
It‘s a good game for the mario kart series except the controls took a strain on my fingers when I had to hold certain buttons for long periods of time during races.
on March 7, 2008
This game is a lot of fun! I bought the game for the online game play. This works well and is a lot of fun. I am getting frustrated trying to figure out how to unlock additional cars that you get as you move farther into the game. It is not much fun when you play online with one of the standard cars and someone else has a much faster car. I was surprised at all the other things in the game that you can play. There are missions that you play against the computer. There are numerous tracks in the game too. The graphics are great. This game is also a must have for DS because it introduces the user to all the new features of DS You can create custom graphics for your car in one part of the game with the stylus. And there are parts of the game that require the user to speak into the microphone. Nintendo DS does not support WPA / TKIP pre-shared key authentication. I had to lower the security level of my home router to WEP authentication so I could play the game. This is my first DS game. I love the new packaging for Nintendo DS games. They all come in a really nice jewel case that has a place for the game cartridge to clip in and a place for an additional memory card to clip in ( For other games I suppose not this one) AND they come with a little booklet with instructions. I hated that old Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games came with no instructions. You open the box take out the cartridge and that's it. Some included a safety pamphlet that said do not eat the cartridge... possible choking hazard etc. but no instructions.
VINE VOICEon July 13, 2008
The ability for two or more kids to play from one game makes this a great addition to your Nintendo DS collection. You can use the single-card feature, which allows one player to start the game and the other player to join in and play.

My two sons, ages 6 and 4, love this game. They race against each other and sometimes team up and challenge the field. The game is fun and addictive.

Occasionally, they will ask, "Papa, do you want to race with me?" I'll agree and then be quickly schooled by my 4-year old.

Pros:

The controls are easy to learn and easy to operate for little hands.

The game is fun and has many different tracks and characters to keep your young child entertained.

The single-card multiplayer feature offers added value to your purchase!

In summary, this is a great buy if you're looking for a family-friendly Nintendo DS game that young kids, older kids and adults can enjoy together.
on January 24, 2015
Mario Kart is a long beloved franchise of the Mario brand. This game did not disappoint. It is fun, engaging and easy for younger kids to pick it up. You can play it on your own or against other people. You can play against a second person with only one game but the player without the game is stuck with shy guy and does not have the fun of the different characters, so if you are buying it for siblings, or plan to regularly play it against someone else you will probably want to both have the game so it can reach its full potential. I read the post about the battery and I can say that we have not experienced this problem with the game.
on March 31, 2018
Technically the game works, but after a few minutes of play the top screen of the ds starts doing “double vision” type thing making it almost impossible to see what you’re doing clearly. Pretty disappointed.
on May 19, 2011
I don't want to think about how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on video games over the years for my son, but I have no complaints about this one- it has been the best of ALL. He's had it for YEARS now and it's still one of his all time favorites. It's not the type that he plays, conquers all the levels in a week and then never looks at again. Nor is it the type where he gets stuck on a level and it just becomes frustrating. It's a game that seems to be fun time after time after time. This is also a game you can play with another DS even if they don't have the game, which is SUPER fun. Sometimes I'll have up to 4 boys in the back of the car playing Mario Kart and having a blast while we're driving somewhere. Great game.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.