Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 717 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,058 reviews
on January 14, 2009
Sure I've heard of Mario but didn't know a thing about the game. That was until I played it on wii at a friends house and found out if was a blast.

I had to search out and wait for a sale or used one and it paid off I found one. What fun it is. Not quite the same as wii of course but still very much fun and I am much better at staying on the track on this one but still not winning very many races.

Practice makes perfect. I was also recommended this by another adult DS player who read my Listmania and responded I needed this and one more game to round out my adult collection. She was right. Now I just have to sell a game as I have a rule one comes in one goes out. Guess I had better hurry and solve Professor Layton and the curious villiage. Who knew that one would be so hard. Yikes I've logged 10 hours not all at once and seem to be getting no where. Oh well different story.

Get Mario Kart it is tons of fun.
on June 21, 2017
I only got this game cause my little cousin had it and he begged me to try it. The graphics were amazing and it was easy and fun to boot. I've always had a hard time with racing games being too short, this one was not there are 32+ tracks and plenty to do. Multiplayer is fun...blow into the mic if you don't want to lose in one hit...I had to figure that out. Also I've played every mario kart game to date and this is the best overall. Save for Mario 64 DS, this is one game to try on DS.
on March 1, 2016
My son loved this Ds game and I bought it for a gift. He played it for hours on end. learning games are good learning tools to where ppl do not realize. It teaches eye and hand coordination , works on reflexes to make them quite faster than ppl that do not play video games, focusing ! Mario Kart DS
on July 26, 2017
You may not think that the handheld platform is the ideal place for Mario Kart, MK DS is arguably the best game in the series. Featuring a ton of great tracks and modes, MK DS gets everything right about the series in a way that even MK8 doesn't.
on September 15, 2015
Finally getting around to reviewing this! It's old generation at this point, but truly a classic for the DS system. What I love about writing this review, is that when I bought it originally it was for me. Now it's been passed down to my kid who is loving this on his 3DS. The gameplay is solid, expected, and fun. The controls are fine for a DS/3DS system and this is just one of those games that should be considered a 'staple' game on any Nintendo platform.
on April 4, 2014
As someone who's time is more Atari 2600 and the original NES I have to say I absolutely loved this game! As someone who has completed the original Mariokart, Gamecube and Wii version I have truly loved playing through this one.... if you play the wii one you will be well prepared for this game... maily that the speed of this is much slower than the Wii, and someone like me can really appreciate that, I think games move much to fast today and only recently did I start gettting back in to video games for that main reason... If you have a DS, this is a must have!! Trust me, even though it doesn't move as fast as home console versions, it is still a true challange, I only beat it as quick as I did b/c I played it as much as I could for 2 weeks... oh, and the missions in this are quite fun also... different, but fun!
on September 2, 2017
My son loves this game. This Mario Kart DS cartridge was purchased to replace a non working one.
on May 9, 2017
Its Mario Kart on a DS....do I have to say more? Its awesome and it looks great on the DS.
on March 1, 2017
Who dosnt want to relive the magic of Mario Kart!!! Item shipped quick and as described.
on August 2, 2011
I never thought I would get into too many DS games, but when I saw my daughter playing this and how much fun it looked, I gave it a try.
I'm familiar with the other Mario Kart games, yet I had never actually played until I played this one, so keep in mind, this is a review from someone who went into playing this game blindly, only knowing the main characters from previous other Mario games.

First, I want to start by saying how surprised I was that I enjoyed a racing game so much. I'm usually more into the platform games and usually "steer" away from any kind of game related to racing, but this one was the exception. It's fun for all ages, and my daughter I had lots of fun playing this together. Figuring out the buttons was simple enough, and making Mario (or your character of choice) race to victory was pretty fun.

The graphics are pretty amazing for a handheld like the DS, and again I was surprised at just how colorful and creative the characters and scenery was. I've seen my daughter play quite a few DS games, but only a few have measured up to the graphics in Mario DS.

My favorite part however, was just having a reason to get to play again with the same characters I grew up playing with. From Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Princess Peach (and a few others), I was happy to hear their typical sounds and watch their expressions. This is also a pretty in-depth game in which you can unlock extra tracks, play solo mode or go straight for the Grand Prix. There is enough there to keep you occupied for quite a while.

My daughter to this day still plays Mario DS. In fact she just started a new game, which prompted to write a review on how pleased I am to finally find a game that can be played for years without getting bored. With the prices of games these days, this is definitely a blessing.

I'd recommend Mario DS to just about anyone who likes fun family- friendly games. You just can't go wrong with Mario!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.