Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Mario Kart Wii
Format: Video Game|Change

on April 5, 2017
Let me start by saying that I have been a huge fan of Mario Kart since the Super Mario Kart game came out for the Super Nintendo. When this game came out on the Wii with steering wheels, I knew that would be a game changer. This is the 2nd copy of this game that we've bought because we play it so much!

It is the perfect game for kids and adults alike. When the kids are playing, they have a great time, but we also have had nights with just adult friends and the game gets much more interesting (and hilariously competitive!). We can play this for hours and have a great time! I love that the game is great for up to 4 players because nobody has to sit out or take turns because there is enough fun to go around!

I am looking forward to many more Mario Kart game nights with my friends and family!
10 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2017
Our family loves this game. It's easy enough that our 5 year-old can play, but entertaining enough that it engages adults too. Our 5 year-old loves unlocking the characters in the game. I recommend picking up some of the steering wheels that are available here or at any game store (used), as they really add to the feel of the game.
4 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2018
This game is a fav, my niece wanted it for Christmas and my sister could not find it anywhere.
I hesitate to give 5 stars because of the price - almost $50 for a new but old game seems a bit expensive but it was shipped ridiculously fast and in perfect condition, arriving before I had to pack for my holiday trip abroad. This game is so great that based on quality, condition, shipping and the worthiness of the game itself, 5 stars in spite of the cost.
on April 4, 2017
Gift for my just turned 5 year old nephew. He loves playing this game, can't get him away from it. The Wii is such a great console for a kiddo his age, not to mention the games are inexpensive :) I highly recommend this game to any Mario fan.
3 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2018
I should have read the previous reviews. I received a used disk in new wrapping. It was nice while it lasted the two months we had it — a very fun game. Unfortunately, it stopped working after 2 months. Incredibly disappointing since I paid price for new :(
on December 23, 2011
My favorite is still Mario Kart 64, but this one may be in second place.

I feel like they focused too much on making the game new and exciting rather than balanced and fun but they still did pretty good at throwing everything together. It has tons of tracks, vehicles, characters, and is probably the most re-playable version of the series because there is so much stuff to unlock. I unlocked everything in the game using a stock character and vehicle so the unlocked stuff isn't overpowering like in past games. The unlock-able characters and carts seem well placed and often help you with your playing style. For example you unlock the fast characters while trying to do time trials or you get the agile carts from gold on the harder tracks.

This game adds bikes, which I think adds nice diversity and feels very well balanced. The karts tend to be faster with better mini boosts from jumps and corners. The bikes can pop wheelies to get a mini boost on the straight stretches but are more vulnerable to being thrown off balance. My wife likes playing with karts and I like bikes, and I think she usually wins.

Another feature to boost re-playability is the manual drift. All Mario Kart games had a power-slide around corners. In this one they give the choice of this drift being automatic or not. If you set it to automatic you don't get mini-boosts around corners. If you set it to manual you have to time when the slide starts but it is much more difficult than past games. It gives experienced players something extra to work on but doesn't seem unfair when somebody can drift manually well.

I always use the nun-chuck. I can't stand using the wheel. I haven't seen a game that gets the remote tilt steering right yet. Maybe I'm just used to buttons after growing up with them.

The one thing I hate about this game: the AI cheats with both hands.
When you get into the harder levels in the Grand Prix it will be completely normal to be hit with two or three things in a row. For example say you're a few seconds ahead, they will hit you with a pow, red shell, and a lightning bolt in a row to keep you stopped for several seconds. The suspicious part is how did the AI time firing the red shell so it would catch up just after you got hit with the pow?

The AI will also hit you at the worst times. Right after you go over jumps, or boosts, or right after you get a power-up, or right before you go around a corner with no railing, or just as you get to the bottom of a hill. Now some might call it coincidence but I just played for two hours and counted to make sure. Every time I was in 1st and hit with something it was at one of those five times.

The other thing that is suspicious is if the AI slows you down enough they have saved power-ups for you so the horde will hit you three or four times to ensure you get clear back to 8th place or so.

Personally, I'm sick of cheating AIs and feel there is no reason game makers should be short-cutting on such a critical part of their game, but it's become standard among games anymore.

So bottom line, like I said above, if you've liked the Mario Kart series, get this one!
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 19, 2016
We bought this game and the generic steering wheels we bought this game and the generic steering wheels to go along with it. It has done a great job at dividing new life for a very old game console. Our kids are 7 and 11, and have a great time playing in. I'm glad to see either are still a few games left that don't require foul language or murder.
on April 9, 2013
ive had a wii since the day it came out. i ended up giving it to my dad when i left for the navy. recently during the holiday season, nintendo made the wii u and its awesome! i bought myself that and eventually decided to get this game. i never played mario kart atleast not since nintendo 64 days so this was a cool way to incorperate the wii remote and the new driving wheel accessory. the courses seem to be entertaining and they even have "the throw back" tracks from when i was first introduced to this game back on SNES. the graphics are good and they got a lot more characters although i am always yoshi (some things never change lol). this is a very fun game and a good game to play when you got friends over.

-jilly
on April 27, 2018
Not the U.S version. Disc does not work in my U.S version of the nintendo Wii. The disc says intended for use in sadi arabia.. i do not have a sadi arabian version of the nintendo wii.
One person found this helpful
on February 9, 2016
We love this game! It is super fun when we have parties or when company comes over they have a bunch of different courses from all the game systems on it which is nice and gives you some childhood flashbacks for sure. Everyone from grandparents to little kids love playing this game at our house!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.