& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces.
- From Toad Road to Boo's Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends.
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point but with multiple paths along the way, so no two games will play the same. Every time they play, players can earn Party Points that are used to unlock special items and features.
- Each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Collectively, players must combine their strength to defeat classic foes such as Bowser and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles. Regions: USA, Mexico, Canada, Latin America, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE and Saudi Arabia. Package may vary.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Mario Party 9
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I just got myself the nintendo wii u and wanted some games to play with friends. I've played these before, back in the day, and knew they were lots of fun for a group to play. It was very fun, although the maps we have played so far, i wasn't expecting it to be where all four players move along together each step. I liked it better where everyone rolled a dice and moved separately though. It is still fun though, just a personal preference.
-The group move is different but adds a nice touch to the game.
-Being able to select what type of games come up is cool
-Controls in all of the mini games are basic enough that my 5 yr old can pick up on them
-Games where you try to come in last are always funny
-"Boss battles" are a lot of fun
-There are no "teams" from the beginning (though I don't really recall Mario Party ever featuring that)
-Wario must cheat if played by an NPC (jk)
-None that are game breaking
-They have a lot more mini games, and they're all good so far.
-Now instead of each player moving on the game board individually, they move together in a boat (or whatever they're riding). I liked the other way better because you have more freedom to choose which path to take, etc.
-You don't "buy" stars with this game. You get stars by simply passing the star space and winning the mini games. Again, I liked 8 version better because you had to think how much money you spend at stores to buy different items w/o running out of money to buy stars.
-Which lead me to mention there's no store to buy items like Duelo, Destroy half of your opponent's coins, etc. You get special dice with different numbers like 0-1, 4-6, 1-10 and maybe the one that goes slow?
So, overall, it feels like you have less control and freedom and individuality in comparison to 8. But we're still having a lot of fun. It may get better as we unlock more stuff. 4 stars because we also own Marioparty 8, but if this is the first Marioparty we own, I'd given 5 stars.