Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 217 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on May 27, 2015
Though many people really dislike this game, I on the other hand loved it. The boards (levels) were well made, having interesting designs and content. Single player is ok, but it is a million times better playing with friends. If you like game set-up from Mario Party 9 (all players in one vehicle), then your in luck. Island Tour has the same concept. For those like me that don't care for that kind of style, maybe next time. For me, thats not a deal-breaker, I just wish it was like the old games with each character moving on their own pace. Nonetheless, this game is worth getting.

Pros:
-Beautiful designed game boards
-lots of mini games
-multiplayer (only need 1 game card to play with 3 other people)

Cons:
-too many luck based games (not a big problem)
-Short game (Most Mario Party games are short anyway)
on August 6, 2016
This is such a fun spin on the Mario games, My sons absolutely love this game and they can sit and play for hours which is great for me to get other things done. It is colorful, fun and I love all of the characters and the Party atmosphere. My 2 boys love all of Mario games but they wanted to try and play something different and this was their top choice. My sons are 8 and 12 and like to compete against each other in everything that they do and this game is no exception. I would recommend this game for boys or girls to play. I love the fact that the game includes different sections that gives you a hint as to what the next game you play will be. It has 80 mini-games included which is a real bonus. Overall I am glad I decided to listen to my boys and order it for them.
on March 4, 2014
If you were someone who enjoyed other games in the Mario Party franchise, I warn you: this is not the same game. Mario Party Island Tour instead takes a more casual and fast-paced approach to the Mario Party. No longer do you earn corns along the way on the game board to purchase items that may sabotage your friends or the computers, instead everything is done by landing on spaces in the game that randomly have some of the same effects that items used to have. Also, most of the benefits you gain through the actual game board is done through winning mini-games, instead of just getting additional coins to buy items.

Essentially: It's a very stream-lined Mario Party. Unfortunately, as someone who LIKED what the Mario Party franchise did over the years, this isn't what I wanted. It's a change I didn't appreciate and it was something that ruined the experience for me.
on February 2, 2016
I was hesitant at first to buy Mario Party Island Tour because of so many negative comments in the reviews but I'm glad I purchased this anyway. Its been a lot of fun to play with 3-4 players of mixed skill. It combines the right amount of luck with varying puzzles and races to give everyone a chance at winning. The games also vary in times required to play so you can tailor your choices to the amount of time you wish to play. Only one game is necessary to play for up to four players with the download feature.
on April 8, 2014
Interesting game. I feel like Mario Party is more suited for kids now. The traditional Mario Party games are a lot different than this one. This one isn't judged by how many stars you have but how fast you reach the end. It's interesting I guess. A refreshing change, addictive, but nothing that kept my interest for long.

They should have had more boards to choose from.
on April 24, 2017
Game condition was great. Very little dirt in small crevices on exterior of game. Usual signs of being used. Inserted into 3DS and it recognized the game first thing like it should. Kids love it! I'm very pleased with purchase.
on August 18, 2015
I read the reviews before I purchased this game and saw that they weren't very positive. My boys expect to buy every new Mario game, but I held off on this one because of the reviews. My kids were bummed, so I eventually bought it when the price dropped some. This is by far their least favorite of the Mario Party games. They rarely play it. It lacks variety, and they became bored with it in a couple days. It is collecting dust on the shelf now.
on April 10, 2016
Great game! Easy for younger kids to play and enjoy as well as teens and adults and the ability to use the whole game with friends who do not own it is great. I love the different levels to choose from and even a level that only unlocks when you have 3 or 4 friends. I would recommenced this game for all ages because its a fun family game.
on February 3, 2014
I loved playing Mario Party games on the N64 with my friends when they came over. 15 years ago, we had to do this while in the same room.

Nintendo has seemed to missed the fact that lots of people live away from friends/family, and that highspeed internet is commonplace now. It's 2014, and I can't play Mario Party with my friends over the internet, we STILL have to be in the same room/house to play together. Get your crap together, Nintendo.
on August 17, 2015
Loads of fun each board is unique and provides a different challenge. That being said first game i played on Banzai Bill's Mad Mountain a short game quickly turned into a 9 round game because of dice rolls constantly landing on the Banzai. Overall Great Game but dice can easily make a game longer than necessary

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.