Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 23, 2008
Another winner for Nintendo DS lovers. Using the same high quality 3D animation used on Mario Kart DS, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is packed with action. There are two teams, but the question is what are the teams? The title suggests Mario characters vs Sonic characters. The instruction book seems to suggest hero characters vs villain characters. Bottom line...it doesn't matter. The whole point is to do your best in the events no matter which character you choose.

The characters are:

From the Mushroom Kingdom:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, and Bowser.

From Mobius:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Vector, and Dr. Eggman.

The selection of events is impressive.
100m Dash, 400m Dash, 400m Hurdles, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Javelin Throw, Hammer Throw, 100m Freestyle Swim, 10m Platform Dive, Trampoline, Vault, Archery, Table Tennis, Fencing, Skeet Shooting, and Cycling. Plus, there are several special mini-games you can unlock.

So far, I kick butt in Archery, Javelin and Trampoline. I really suck at Skeet Shooting. It takes speed that I haven't yet developed. Also, the cycling has some complex controls I have yet to master, but I shall! I'm so-so at Table Tennis (Ping-Pong to us old timers), but watching those super charged finishing moves is always a blast. It's nice that some games are difficult to master. No point in making everything too easy.

Bottom line, this game rocks. Definitely a must have.
32 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 16, 2013
This game is pretty awesome, but the 2 player version with one game cartridge is alright, but not perfect. You can't do all the mini games on 2 player. Leave it up to Nintendo to not let one game cartridge let you do everything. The game is still very fun and you have about 6-8 mini games you can do with your partner. :) My husband and I do have an excellent time with each other trying to compete. If anything at all, do it on one player and pass it around, trying to see who gets the better score. Can't beat any game that has Mario and Sonic in it under $15. :) Can't wait for the 3DS version.
One person found this helpful
on January 15, 2013
I have never had a bad experience buying games through Amazon. I get them used when I can and if they are new they are certainly cheaper than retail stores unless there is some crazy sale at the time. Don't forget to keep your cases and all the product info and manuals so you can easily resell it through Amazon for close to your purchase price when your child has finished with it.
on April 27, 2012
I love that Mario, Sonic, and other famous animated characters appear in this game. It has various sports games and so. However, I was not pleased with the controls from using the Nintendo DS/3DS stylus. This game would be more suitable for gamers who are patient and or love to practice.
3 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2017
The kid really enjoyed this game.
on October 16, 2008
This game has all the bling of a good NDS title with plenty of colorful graphics and good and fun gameplay. Some of the sports are a little boring in my opinion (i.e. the trampoline) but others are rather challenging (shooting, hammer throw etc). Its a great multiplayer title and the World records listing will show who is king! Well worth it. Good fun for all ages.
2 people found this helpful
on January 14, 2017
well liked
on October 14, 2016
My kid like the game.
on April 15, 2017
Received the game in original box with instruction book. Great value plays amazing. Thanks for making my nephew's day 100% better.
on January 9, 2009
I bought this game for myself but thought it would be okay for my two children to play, ages 7 & 6. I love the game although there are many steps, controls, and actions, etc to remember. It's really not age appropriate for younger children under 12 because of this reason. Any adult or older child would have fun playing it though. There are many different modes to play it in and the game is very challenging. You use all the buttons and your stylus for the game, sometimes separately and sometimes together. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a Mario or Sonic fan or anyone looking for a game that has a few challenges.
7 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.