Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Mario and Sonic, 2 of the most beloved icons in the world, join forces for the first time, at the Olympic games
- Play as or against a range of familiar characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails, and more
- Select favorite playing style with 4 player types to choose from--all-around, technical, speed, and power
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues; choose from track and field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics, and more
- Single Match, Circuit, and Mission modes; unlockable stages; up to 4 players can play together on the Wii
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Two of the most beloved icons in the world, Mario and Sonic, are joining forces to star in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Developed exclusively for the Wii video game system and the Nintendo DS system, this momentous agreement marks the first time these two renowned stars have appeared together in a game.
Featuring an all-star cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, players will be able to compete as or against a range of familiar characters including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails, and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver your favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, leap over the high jump, or churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought-after Olympic gold medal. With up to four players on the Wii and on the DS, the stage is set to catch the fever this holiday with Mario and Sonic.
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues with authentic sports and events to choose from including track and field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics, and more.
- Select your favorite playing style from the all-star cast of Mario and Sonic characters with four player types to choose from: all-around, technical, speed, and power. Examples: Mario (All-around), Peach (Technical), Yoshi (Speed), Bowser (Power), Sonic (Speed), Knuckles (Power), Tails (Technical), Amy (All-around).
- Game Modes: Try out each event individually with Single Match mode, compete for the highest overall score in a series of events in Circuit mode, or take on challenges created specifically for each character in the Mission mode. Up to four players can play together on the Wii. DS allows up to four players to compete via wireless connection.
- Unlockable stages where familiar items from the worlds of Mario and Sonic enhance the challenge of each unique event.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Perhaps some points would've made it a stronger game. Many have spoken about the need for true internet gaming (yep!). I'd would've loved to have picked sides--either play for the Sonic team or the Mario team. What was the purpose of choosing a flag, etc? Aside from the opening ceremony and the medals ceremony (which is only seen in single player mode), it's not very Olympic-ish. In addition, I wish one could post their scores on line despite what profile one uses.
I also would've liked it better had it had provisions for lefties like me. Although I'm doing pretty good with playing it right handed, I'd prefer to play it with my dominant hand.
Still, the grapics are really cute. I've had a blast with the game both in single and multi player modes. Perhaps they'll do a winter sports one with the theme around the next venue in 2010. If so, I hope they work out the bugs and improve upon a good start.
One note of caution: At $45 for the game, you want to make sure your kids will enjoy the game before you put down money for it. I would suggest renting it locally to give it a trial for at least a couple of days first.
Wii has a bunch of titles with mini-games, like mario party, playground, those were really let downs. The mini games just felt too short, too simple, or too bland.
Mario & Sonic Olympic is the perfect mix. The mini games are reasonable length ( approx 1 - 2 minute each), tons of different characters with truely different skills, not just the graphics, even the Miis are used perfectly here. With the amount of different events, unlockables, it'll keep you busy until the christmas gatherings when the big party begans and everyone can huddle around and start your own family Olympics!!
The wide spectrum of games, the different characters with different skills (making you pick someone based on what he/she can do and not on who he/she is), and the wonderful graphics.
Boy will your arms get tired. Even swimming makes you do similar running moves so unless you are in good shape you'll need to take a break after a while. I also thought that the archer was somewhat complicated - though not impossible. The directions aren't that great either. On the javelin it took many times of awful throws until my son really cranked one and then all of us said "What did you do?!?!" Directions could be ALOT more explanatory - you shouldn't have to stumble on the right combination to do something right.
Really like this game. My son likes it alot more than me, but its pretty fun for adults too.