Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

96%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on July 6, 2016
I love so much about this book. It's well written in Spanish and English with a story that many kids can relate to. The pictures are beautiful. It features a family that is underrepresented in children's literature. The dual language reinforces for my kids that not everyone speaks the same language while exposing them to Spanish. I love it so much I bought it for a friend's daughter for her birthday and it soon became a big hit at their house too. Highly, highly recommend!
on July 3, 2015
Got this book for a friend who is having multi-racial baby. I absolutely loved the message, the fact that it's bilingual, and the editor's note about how the title was tricky to translate into Spanish because people can't not match. Which is true for English, too. So ultimately, when Marisol re-embraces the fact that she likes to combine things that aren't typically combined, the reader sees how silly it is to define what can and can't go together in the first place.
on May 24, 2017
You know how some stories have a page at the end that says: "and the moral of this story is X"? This whole book is basically that page. It's a fine moral, the book sends a good message, it's just not a good story.
on July 24, 2016
I got this book for my children as they are biracial and we like tonread bools in Spanish and English. Marisol Mcdonald was a character I felt could show them what it meant to be from 2 different cultures. Not only was this book fun to read, but gave a great message of empowerment that it was ok to be who you are, even if that meant combining cultures. This is one of our favorites for sure!
on March 21, 2017
Loved it, adorable and shows children that individuality, not conformity, is where the fun abides!
on April 14, 2017
Its in spanusb and english, and is a great story!
on March 17, 2013
We love this book! The main character, Marisol is simply adorable and yet powerful! My children talk about Marisol as if she was their friend: when picking their clothes in the morning, when choosing breakfast, when deciding what game to play.

We are a bilingual family so this book is especially relevant to us, but I read this book at my daughter's preschool and both the children and the teachers loved it!

I also liked that the dog was adopted from a shelter instead of bought. What a great lesson for kids!
on January 1, 2017
A new favorite book for my own "extra creative" dressing daughter. We had it from the library, but wanted to own it.
on January 12, 2014
I know some boys whose father is white American and whose mother is Peruvian. This was a great book for them as the speak both spanish and english and it follows their exact lives! Its a sweet book about a girl who learns about being herself and enjoying her multicultural heritage. I highly recommend.
on November 14, 2014
This is a family favorite. Our family is of mixed heritage and culture so we love it, but the message is universal: be yourself cause there is no better you. Don't accolade other people's expectations of who you should be.