Marjorie Morningstar Reissue Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 576 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
However, if I were teaching high school literature, I would choose this book for my curriculum. There is a moral in there and Wouk is always good.
is as an instructive work of fiction for today's readers (and their life challenges.) It's written by a man about a young girl who starts out
with limitless potential - but limited aspirations - and charts her life through disappointment and eventual resolve. Most importantly,
she doesn't take the easiest path (and doesn't achieve what she purports to want for the span of the story). Still it's a look at a
young woman's coming of age during a time that still offered narrow choices for most young girls.
This would be a fantastic book for a young person on the verge of that first romance.
This was an audio book and the narration was unbelievably good!
Moreover the more real life we lead, the more we can derive from the books we expose ourselves to.
Marjorie Morningstar is a wild child under her authentic veneer of middle-class Jewish conventionality. Marjorie becomes love-sick over a worthless lothario. And there lies a tale of woe for her and those who love her.
One of the lessons for young single men is this: If you can't make any romantic headway with a sweet young woman despite your abundance of stirling qualities and virtues, it could be that object of your attentions is irrationally love sick over a charming but useless bum.
Another lesson is this: If you have a sister or a daughter who has become love-sick over a charming scoundrel there isn't much you can do about it.
An additional lesson is for the charming lothario:
There will come a day, and youth will pass away.
What'l they say about me?
When the end comes I know they'll say just a gigolo
And life goes on without me...
I ain't got nobody, nobody cares for me...
I'm so sad and lonely...
(Lyrics by Irving Berlin- Just a gigolo)
Marjorie Moringstar is a great read for anybody.
Most recent customer reviews
Hot Toasty Rag, May 18, 2017
Marjorie Morningstar was a tragic, romantic film from 1958, starring Gene Kelly and Natalie Wood.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical > Jewish
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Jewish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Jewish