The authors of Marked By Fate are thrilled to share this ground-breaking novel with you!
Think Harry Potter, and Kindle in Motion. Moving, singing books, and all the excitement of a truly enriched reading experience.
We call it Immersive Fantasy™, because that's what it does. It draws you into our stories and brings our worlds to life!
The titles in Marked By Fate use this revolutionary technology to bring you the best reading experience of your life.
How does Immersive Fantasy™ work?
Immersive Fantasy™ utilises what's known as Augmented Reality (AR). Using a smart phone/device, you can scan secret cues in the stories, and extra AR content will pop up on your device, streamed direct from the cloud (internet connection required).
See amazing, exclusive character artwork. Watch video content. Listen to the soundtrack whilst you read. Discover behind the scenes with the authors in bonus content.
Would you like to try it?
Then keep reading! You have already downloaded the Immersive Fantasy edition of Marked By Fate, and you just need to bring the magic to life.
The simple instructions overleaf will help you easily access this astonishing new world of fantasy that will delight your every sense.
Start your Immersive Fantasy™ adventure today!
Immersive Fantasy ™ Instructions
Getting set up
These three steps are crucial to ensure you can access the AR content.
- On your smart phone or tablet, download the Aurasma app from your app store.
- Log in to the app, and register your account.
- Search for the user 'MarkedByFate', and click follow.
Accessing the Immersive Fantasy™ Augmented Reality content
Follow these steps carefully to access the AR content. Additional help can be found on the Aurasma helpdesk.
- Read and enjoy the story, and watch for clues to the AR content. These will appear in the form of images with a symbol next to them, denoting the type of AR content. Content viewable includes images (camera icon), videos (movie clip icon), or music (music icon).
- You will need one device/format to read on, and a smart device to access the AR content.
- When you spot an Immersive Fantasy™ clue, open the Aurasma app on your smart device. (Navigate to the viewfinder screen if the app does not automatically do this.)
- Centre your viewfinder on the trigger image. Make sure to include all of the trigger image in the screen. You can view the content vertically/in portrait or horizontally/in landscape.
- The app will display the AR content in the form of an image overlay, video overlay, or music overlay, as denoted by the symbol next to the image.
- Enjoy! You can zoom in and out and tilt your camera to fully explore each piece of content. Make sure you have your sound turned on so you can listen to the video and audio content! You will have to continue focusing on the content to keep listening to music/watching videos/viewing images.
- It might take a little practice - don't worry if you struggle on your first try.
What to try if it won't work.
- No AR content is popping up: have you registered an Aurasma account, and followed 'MarkedByFate'? You must do this to access the content.
- No AR content is popping up: have you made sure all of the trigger image is in your viewfinder?
- No AR content is popping up on my kindle/e-ink device: please adjust your device screen brightness. If the screen is too bright or too dim, the image cannot be recognised by the app.
- I can't hear any sound: check the icon. Only video/music AR content has sound.
- I can't hear any sound, and it should be playing some: please ensure your volume is not muted, and turned up.
- The content keeps disappearing: ensure you keep the viewfinder focused on the trigger image so that the AR content will remain overlaid on your screen. If you move too far away from the trigger image, the AR content will disappear. Activate it again by re-scanning the trigger image.
- Can I access the eBook and the AR content on the same device? No. Aurasma uses your device camera, so you will have to read the book on a difference device to the device you are using Aurasma with.
- It's just not working - I've tried everything: Please refer to the Aurasma help files, and contact their help desk if you are still having issues. Whilst extensive testing has been performed to ensure maximum device compatibility, regrettably not all devices may be compatible. Best compatibility will be found on pixel based screens with good brightness levels.