Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Gray Market? Am I missing the part where they talk about the warranty. Does this camera have a full US warranty or is this a Gray market equipment?
asked by D. Daig on February 18, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 answers
A
I've been looking for the same information. I don't believe that Amazon deals in gray market products but have no way of knowing for sure. Gray market is bad news in Nikon products because NikonUSA will not repair a gray market camera (or lens) under any circumstances.
Amazon Customer answered on March 16, 2007
Comments (2) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I appreciate your point with regard to buying gray to save a few bucks. I wouldn't knowingly do that and that is why I bought my D7000 from Amazon. When I went to register the equipment online at Nikon.com, it came up flagged as "gray market". That surprised me a bunch. Little did I know that Amazon was selling gray market equipment. I'm not sure how to find that out ahead of time. Buyer beware!!
Jimbie answered on January 11, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Found this discussion via Google. I purchased a Canon BG-E2N battery grip a few months ago. It arrived with an international warranty card--gray market. I was incensed by the lack of disclosure by Amazon (have not had problems with any other products), and returned the item. I have no quarrel at all with a functional gray market, but I expect FULL disclosure from vendors before the purchase.
RHB in PA answered on July 18, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Kevin T. Duane answered on July 1, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tony Tarver answered on February 23, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on July 18, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on June 30, 2007
Comments (2) | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"many gray market retailers,advertise "u.s. warranties" with their products.am i thinking correctly here?"

They advertise U.S. warranties, but whose? I'll bet not it's not from Nikon or Canon. More likely than not they'll outsource it to some repair shop where you may get if fixed or not, where you may get your item back or not. For an expensive lens ($1000+), there's no way I'm going to take a chance with a gray market lens to save maybe 10%.
Amazon Customer answered on May 11, 2010

A
Thank's for all the comments posted, moral of the story is don't buy grey market camera equipment,................humm 2 hours left and I won't upgrade my bid on E-Bay for that Eos 5d mark ii. :(
Michael Bilodeau answered on November 21, 2011

A
matthew Williams answered on July 4, 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product