From the Back Cover
Marketing Research: An Integrated Approach
I am impressed by the simplicity and clarity of this book. The text stands out in its practicality and hands-on approach. Alan Wilson brings his rich research experience to this well-written, concise book.
Zhongqi Jin, Middlesex University Business School
Marketing Research: An Integrated Approach, Second Edition is invaluable for anyone studying marketing research at a degree or diploma level and is prescribed reading for those students taking the joint module on Marketing Research and Information offered by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and The Market Research Society.
The book places research in the bigger picture of marketing and demonstrates how an understanding of marketing research is a key requirement of any effective marketing professional. The text integrates the key concepts and techniques of marketing research with the management of customer information from databases, loyalty cards and customer files.
Marketing Research is written in a clear and accessible style using many examples, real-life case histories and discussions of current issues in marketing research and customer information management that makes it very suitable for supporting the delivery of single semester modules on marketing research.
- Links current marketing research techniques with real-life marketing research practice
- Integrates marketing research with the rapidly-developing areas of customer information management, for example, loyalty cards, databases and customer records
- Covers the newest developments within marketing research, for example, online research, multi-mode interviewing and falling response rates
- Highlights how to brief and select marketing research suppliers
- Provides chapter-by-chapter suggestions for further reading and websites
New to this edition
- A CD incorporating a demo version of SNAP comes FREE with the text. SNAP is one of the leading fully-integrated survey software packages for questionnaire design, data collection and analysis. The CD, combined with the QuickStart Guide printed in the text, will enable readers to practice how to produce and analyse short questionnaires.
Alan Wilson is Professor of Marketing at the University of Strathclyde Business School. He is also Senior Examiner for the CIM / MRS joint module on Marketing Research and Information. Prior to joining the Universityof Strathclyde, he held high level positions within leading London-based marketing research agencies and a management consultancy practice. He has written numerous articles on marketing research and has received a number of awards for his publications. He regularly acts as a marketing and marketing research advisor to a number of public and private organisations. He is also a full member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, a Council member of The Market Research Society and he chairs the Societys Professional Development Advisory Board.
To access valuable learning and teaching materials visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/wilson.