- Series: The Marketplace Series, 1
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Mystic Rose Books; 2nd ed. edition (October 1, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0964596040
- ISBN-13: 978-0964596047
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.3 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 147 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #156,595 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Marketplace (The Marketplace Series, 1) Paperback – October 1, 2000
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Laura Antoniou is the author of the well known Marketplace series of erotic novels. The Marketplace series describes "an elite and secretive world organization,dedicated to the auctioning and overseeing of the world's finest lifestyle slaves... a world so vivid in sequel after sequel, it takes on a reality of its own, one that's visually hard to let go of once the reader has put down the book." (Libido Magazine). Book Six, "The Inheritor," was just published in February 2015. She has also published a series of short stories based in the Marketplace, entitled "Scenes From The Marketplace," and edited a fan fiction collection, entitled "No Safewords." --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My Rating Standards:
- 5 Stars: The product is exactly as described, completely fulfills it's intended purpose, AND I feel it is definitely worth it's current full retail price.
- 4 Stars: The product is mostly as described, adequately fulfills it's intended purpose, AND I feel that interested buyers would be likely to consider it worth it's current full retail price.
- 3 Stars: The product may be slightly different or lower quality than described, barely fulfills it's intended purpose, OR I have concerns over whether or not interested buyers may be likely to consider it worth it's current full retail price.
- 2 Stars: The product may be substantially different or lower quality than described, failed to fulfill it's intended purpose, OR I feel that interested buyers would be unlikely to consider it worth it's current full retail price.
- 1 Star: The product was completely different or lower quality than described, in no way fulfilled it's intended purpose, AND I feel that it is definitely not worth it's current full retail price.
This is not any of those. It is insightful and builds your interest in every character. Even if you are submissive and not a slave there is an appreciation in the care of how she writes. No lack of excitement and intrigue. I was sucked into her web. I had to know more about the person who wrote such a piece of fiction that captivated me so. I got the entire series. I follow her on FB. I relish in a person who can open your thought processing of so many topics. But especially the kinky ones.
Plus, who knew I would love a Character so much that it becomes your go to fantasy. Chris Parker is it. Thanks Laura!!
(Not saying that anything is wrong with that: if it is your preference:)
This is a very realistic look at the mind ---- that can be and is many times a part of 'training.'
It gives insight into the Master's/Mistress's psyche and also the slave's psyche.
I will definitely be reading more of this Author's work; not only for the 'story' aspect, but the 'research' aspect.
Let's just say that Laura Antoniou has gained a new fan...