Marmot PreCip Jacket
|Price:||$94.56 - $139.95|
- 100% Nylon
- The compressibility of the Precip Jacket makes it most ideal for backpacking, backcountry excursions and travel.
- This Jacket is made with Angel-Wing Movement, which allows full range arm motion without the Jacket riding up.
- The Precip Jacket features a roll-up hood, and an adjustable hem and cuffs in case of more serious weather.
- The Marmot Men's Precip Jacket is designed with Precip Dry Touch technology to provide you with maximum waterproof protection.
- While it offers 100% waterproof protection, it is very lightweight and allows maximum body ventilation so you don't have to worry about overheating.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Marmot Men's Precip Jacket is the ideal Jacket to have if you're looking for a waterproof Jacket. Featuring Precip Dry Touch technology, this Jacket is 100% waterproof and still offers sufficient brea
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Construction seems strong enough. I pulled it in and out of a backpack in Italy for a rainy two weeks and it has held up great. I'll update if it fails down the road.
Some features I like:
- The material and fit are light-to-medium and not too bulky. This is a nice feature when wearing or when packing the item in your bag.
- The hood has a draw string to tighten around your head/face and keep water out.
- Hood also rolls up and stores in collar if not needed.
- The sleeves have adjustable hook-and-loop (aka velcro) so that you can keep a tight seal
- The pockets have zippers to keep water out.
- Waist has bungee draw string for tight seal
- Zippers in the arm pits for ventilation
Some features I do not like or improvements that I would like
- Jacket material ventilation. It does get warm. It will keep rain out and the pit zippers help with ventilation, but you will get warm wearing this. Especially if you are active while wearing it.
- Would prefer the pockets to be higher on the jacket. When standing in the rain and you reach in your pocket, water can roll down your forearm and get into your jacket. Having the pockets higher would help keep the forearm straight or slanted backwards and keep water out.
- I don't think this is a problem with the jacket, but just a note: When wearing this jacket in the rain and active with my hands...if water gets passed the sleeves, the water travels up the arm and then your have soggy arms. I try to keep the sleeves tight, but it's just something I've noticed that happens.
- Jacket material is good for most of my uses, but I could see where heavier outdoor use could damage it. I would be hesitant to hike through thick woods or brush with this item for fear of damage. I don't believe that this is the intended purpose of this jacket, but just an observation.
Overall, this has worked great for me for general uses such as hunting, camping etc. I currently keep the rain gear in my truck in case I ever need it. Unless you have some high-performance rain gear requirement, I think you would be satisfied with this.
This version of the Precip is incredibly breathable and incredibly effective at the same time. I overheat in other rain jackets, but not this one. And yet I've worn it in rain, snow, and at 13,000 feet in blizzard winds so hard that I was standing at a 45-degree angle just to avoid falling down.
The new jacket seemed almost unchanged except for color. It was a good fit in shoulders, chest, waist and arms.
And it was VERY WATERTIGHT in some drenching rain. Good jacket!
Most recent customer reviews
I returned it. Never tried it in the rain