Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 14, 2016
For the past 2 weeks I've been on a trip to the Middle East and lived in the Marmot Gravity Jacket. It has exceeded my expectations and looked very good doing.

It is January with day time temps from 50 to 70 degrees Farenhiet and nights in the 30s. Throughout, I've comfortably worn this sight seeing, hiking and out to dinner. It has done well in pretty heavy rain.

Apperance - Strangers have given me unsolicited compliments and friends have asked me to bring one them the next time I visit.

Sizing - I m 5 ft. 11 inches, 170 lbs with and athletic build and the jacket fits very well (not too baggy or restrictive) with room for a fleece underneath.

The Gravity is probably not your best choice for distance running or cross country skiing in. But if you want a rugged, well thought out and attractive softshell you should seriously consider the Marmot Gravity. I am very happy with mine.
5 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2016
Over-sized. I purchased the XL and the arms are about 38" long and made for very thick biceps/triceps (think body-builder). The shoulder width was perfect but the chest and abdomen were voluminous. I am 6' 1", 200 lbs and this jacket is very roomy. It's only saving grace is that it hangs very nicely. Great for wearing a down vest underneath or a couple of sweaters! Perfect for concealed carry.
2 people found this helpful
on July 22, 2017
I bought a large which fits me fine as I am 6' tall 185 pounds. The sleeves might be a little long but do not detract from the jacket.The quality is excellent. I read some comments in other reviews about perhaps counterfeit jackets being sold, but I think it is genuine Marmot. The tags appear genuine and it looks and especially feels as a quality jacket made in Vietnam. I think this is real Marmot. What a nice jacket!
on January 7, 2018
This is the second Marmot Gravity jacket we've purchased the first in a size Large for my husband and fit perfectly. My son started taking this over from my husband so he asked for another for Christmas. I ordered the Large again, but this time it was more snug around the shoulders. We had to return it for an XL and he is much happier. Only 4 star due to inconsistency on the size, otherwise, great jacket in quality and durability. Warm but lightweight.
on April 2, 2018
My old Marmot Windstopper jackets seem to be irreplaceable. These new Marmot jackets fit significantly tighter around the waist and arms, and the pocket on the sleeve is less useful than the one on the chest. My Eddie Bauer and Columbia jackets fit much better and closer to my previous Marmot jackets.
on February 21, 2017
REALLY nice-looking, high-quality jacket with very flattering fit! Made this purchase for my husband, since he has Marmot's slightly lighter-weight version and wanted a warmer (but not bulkier) jacket for the California winter. Clean, simple lines, slightly fitted design. Great windproof/waterproof jacket; works with everything. His "go-to" every single day, at a great price, too!
on November 26, 2015
This is a attractive jacket, but it is not for someone with large shoulders. While the jacket fit nicely in the waist and in arm length, it was much too tight around the upper arms. I could barely move my arms. It is for a slender, less developed build.
on January 26, 2018
Excellent jacket. Only two small items to mention- the sleeves do seem to run a bit long. Also, the fleece lining inside tends to stick to things like sweaters when you put it on, so the sleeve of the sweater rides up inside the jacket. Very minor issues though, great jacket overall.
on November 9, 2017
I have long arms and the jacket fit me well. I'm 6'3 and a lean 210 lbs. Went with a large and it's snug but not too tight.
on February 7, 2017
Beware, product fits tighter than normal. I'm a big dude about 6'2" and 250lbs, and the jacket was way too small for my shoulder and chest to fit in comfortably.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.