Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 22, 2015
I had crazy high hopes for this rain jacket. I read almost every review and the ones that had low stars, I assumed they were sweating in the jacket. I figured there was no way water would be getting through this thing, especially brand new!! I wore it today at work (I am an arborist) and it did pretty awesome for about 45 mins. After 4 hours in a light rain I took the jacket off to get in the truck and realized that the inside was soaked. It was wet all along the shoulders and the waist. This was a very light rain, almost a heavy mist. I was wearing a fleece underneath it and did not feel the water through that. I know for a fact I did not sweat, and no way in hell I sweat through the fleece. This is a rain jacket. It has one purpose. It does not do what it is made for. Check my pics. Note: these pictures were taken after I arrived back to our shop, when I removed the jacket on the job site there was water everywhere a dark spot is. Enough water that I needed a towel to dry out the inside of my rain jacket.
review image review image
44 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
I use this jacket to commute by bike to work, and I've had it for about a month. For biking specifically, it's really great - it has a slim fit so that it isn't blowing in the wind, it has nice long sleeves (I have long arms and so my wrists end up cold if I'm riding a bike), and the hood tucks nicely behind your head so that it doesn't catch the wind. The jacket is long enough that it isn't riding up your back when you're on a bike - though it doesn't have the extra long back like you find with bike-secific jackets (which I don't like). I wear a Marmot light jacket underneath, and then just a T-shirt, and I've been comfortable down to about 35-40 degrees so far.

Fit - I'm 6'2" 165 pounds, and the large fits me perfectly. This isn't a baggy bulky jacket. It has a minimal weight to it, but feels substantial enough to be more than just a rain coat. It's truly a wind-proof water proof shell (thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I know this for sure!). As an outer layer, I think this thing will get me through the winter.

I don't really have any negatives to say about it.
on April 29, 2017
I normally wear an X-large but it was very form fitting and I like to wear sweaters and/or a down vest underneath so I returned and got the XX-Large. The XX-large fits slightly bigger than the X-large normally fits but I have plenty of room for layering. Other than that I would say that I love the jacket. It is totally water proof, light, and keeps the wind off really well. More over this thing is so light, love using it as my outer layer when hiking/backpacking. Would buy again.
on November 18, 2016
Best gortex jacket under $200. May be the only one actually. Nonetheless it's nearly perfect for the needs of a lightweight shell. The Velcro cuffs are the only drawback as they don't have much hold.
on August 25, 2017
I really enjoy the jacket because it provides great rain protection, and it can be worn at any time. It is not meant to be worn in very cold weather, I usually get cold just wearing this jacket under 50 degrees, but it is the best rain jacket I've worn in warm weather because it breathes well. I have had issues with it not blocking wind well which can be problematic in colder weather.
on June 4, 2017
Simply works and fits as expected
on September 6, 2017
Beautiful jacket and great fit. Purchased a bit larger than usual to allow for use of sweater or sweatshirt for more warmth when attending Packer games, grandkids soccer games, and when fishing. Like the convenience of the attached hood and find the zipper to be very sturdy. Great jacket which will serve me well for years.
on November 23, 2016
I have used it twice and I am a big fella, 250 lbs but quite strong and not a big gut. The XL size fit very well and I performed construction work both days without feeling my motion was impeded.
on April 25, 2017
great!!
on March 29, 2016
I bought this for my boyfriend about 3 months ago. It fits perfectly and most importantly keeps him very dry in heavy rain! He works outdoors so a good rain coat is a must. This replaced a north face coat he'd had for 15 years. I must say, it looks a lot better than his old north face. Good looking and functional and a good price in comparison to other coats

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.