Marmot Men's Shadow Down Jacket - Orange Spice/ Tawny Port M
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% nylon
- Marmot MemBrain® Waterproof/Breathable Fabric - Marmot MemBrain, Waterproof/Breathable Fabric
- 650 Goose Down Fill Power
- Reinforced Shoulders and Sleeves
- Zip-off Storm Hood with Bonded Brim
- PitZipsTM - Underarm Zip That Extends Into the Body for Aggressive Venting
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I'm very sutisfied of this Down Jacket.
I bought this in late 2014 as a belay coat to throw on while feeding rope to climbing partners on ice routes. Like all belay coats, it's a little heavy and doesn't pack down really small, but if you're walking less than an hour to get to your route, and you'll be sitting as much as climbing, this type garment makes the difference in being chilly and being comfy.
Yes, Marmot markets it as a ski jacket. I'm sure it's awesome for that, too, but this is a very warm, puffy, down jacket for using when it's cold enough to be dangerous and you're planning to be out in it for a long time.
Also, the newest 14/15 and newer coats are 700 fill.
1) The awful hood. The hood is very bulky and has a hard plastic material along the end. So if you're not wearing it on your head, it's uncomfortable having it hang off your back - especially if you're sitting. I would definitely not buy this if you're commuting in your car during the winter. The hood also has these velcro tabs that keep it connected to the jacket. But they always come out which leads to the hood hanging awkwardly off the jacket. Ironically, the hood isn't even that warm despite it's massive bulk.
2) The fit. This jacket fits very big. I'm 6'2" 185 lbs, and I normally wear a Large because I like to wear jackets snug. But the Large fit big - like I needed a 2nd sweater or another 50 lbs of gut to fill it out. For this reason alone, I should have returned it but I mistakenly decided to keep it.
3) Bulky. This is a bulky jacket. It would be fine if it didn't have a big fit. But the 2 issues combined make it extra bulky.
4) On the positive side, the body of the jacket is warm and comfortable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this coat last winter after extensive research and having returned two others from different manufacturers. Read morePublished on November 13, 2013 by J. Hetherington
TOTALLY awesome. The best jacket I've ever owned. The outer shell is durable, delicious, stylish, and comfortable. Read morePublished on August 23, 2013 by J
Premium, rugged, functional, warm, smart: the Marmot Shadow combines the simple functionality of a casual, about-town winter parka (super warm high-quality down, high fleece-lined... Read morePublished on March 1, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Good service, good product. Perfect fit size. In the jacket liked everything. Extremely comfortable and lightweight jacket, warm (up to - 25 degrees Celsius). Read morePublished on January 9, 2013 by ALLA