- File Size: 1610 KB
- Print Length: 254 pages
- Publisher: eKensington (July 4, 2013)
- Publication Date: July 4, 2013
- Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BNKMFGS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #473,990 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $12.01 (80%)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
The Marquess of Cake (Redcakes Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are so many clever pieces in this mixture of family drama with light romance. The Marquess of Hatbrook has a sweet tooth that has caused him to frequent Redcake's Tea Shop and Emporium. Of course this leads to a mutual attraction and a delicious romance between the Marquess and the Emporium's owner, Alys. The romance is even more delicious than the cakes (or maybe that is simply because I don't have a sweet tooth but love a good romance).
The author does a great job presenting the Victorian era and it's dictates around marriage, owning or running businesses, class, and society. She also inserts plenty of tension with difficulties between various family members--some of them not very nice. The other thing I like in her characterizations is that she does not make Michael, The Marquess, out to be perfect. He makes mistakes and some decisions are not ones I liked to see. However, that made him so much more real and the relationship between Michael and Alys even sweeter.
One of the more interesting character attributes, and thus possible tension, is that the Marquess is hypoglycemic. This means that Michael is unconsciously dealing with his low blood sugar levels by eating sweets. I admit, I'm not a physician so I don't really understand the difference between a diagnosis of hypoglycemia vs diabetes. In both cases, the blood sugar needs to be regulated or normalized. The way that Alys identifies Michael's problem and addresses it really adds to the romance and bodes well for a forever after relationship.
Overall, I enjoyed The Marquess of Cake. It was a nice combination of romance, drama, and entertainment. I believe the Redcake series will be fun to follow.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical > Victorian
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy