- File Size: 817 KB
- Print Length: 95 pages
- Publisher: CultureWave Press (April 9, 2011)
- Publication Date: April 9, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004W0IBA0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#758,772 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #176 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Language Instruction > Japanese
- #973 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- #1961 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Marriage & Long-Term Relationships
Marriage in Translation: Foreign Wife, Japanese Husband Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read it to help understand my own relationship in case marriage is the road we head down. After reading it though, it seemed to me that the clashing of cultures isn't the hardest part in these kind of relationships, but each person's willingness and staying honest with one another. Which is to say, they're really not that different from any relationship, I think you just can't assume as much as you might with someone from a similar upbringing.
Not just from my own experience, but from talking with other friends, I know that there are some unique stresses in the early stages of a relationship as a foreigner dating a Japanese man. I think that this book is an important resource for other people in similar situations to recognize they aren't alone and that there are solutions even if they're stress inducing at first.