Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 25, 2014
I got this for my wife, before I leave for basic, and now she knows a lot more then I do. I haven't read it myself but the information shes repeating back is germane and accurate. She says its great and it has provided some pre-enlistment advice that has proven extremely valuable. I can't say the book would be the ultimate guide to everything but...... If you have a significant other who's having a hard time understanding what she's going to have to adjust to. GET THIS BOOK. It goes over drill and ceremony, proper attire for you spouse during Military events. Remember even if your the one serving, our spouses still represent us and should be given the best to make it through as well.
on August 2, 2015
I really enjoyed this book as a new military wife I see a lot of good information all in one spot. Yes you can find all this information on websites like military.com and milspouse but that is long. I love the direct format that the book makes you process and it is blunt all qualitys I like! However something's need more elaboration for a basic overview if it's directed towards a guide book but the author does present links to other things that will help you. Loved the book !
on January 25, 2016
Fabulous book. Came well packaged, arrived ahead of schedule. This book is stock full of information that makes me feel so much more at ease entering into military life as a wife and a family. It is full of good tips, stories and instructions even. I recommend this book to anyone who is in the process of or thinking about being in the military, it is a family decision!
on June 16, 2013
I was given this book at Christmas by my fiance's family (my fiance is in the military) and it has helped SO much. My friend at work had a son who just joined the military and had so many questions I ordered the book for her. The shipping took two weeks versus other products shipping/receiving within one week.
on August 22, 2013
As soon as my husband left for basic training, I had the library purchase this book because they had nothing about the military for spouses. This book helped me with setting up my shipments, overseas screening, and what we should have been getting pay wise. These are things that every military spouse should know, and I recommend it for any new military spouse. I had to set up everything for our first deployment by myself, and I couldn't have done it without this book!
on June 25, 2014
I told my family and friends that my boyfriend was enlisting, and they tried to be supportive but most of them didn't really know what to say. I don't know any other army girlfriends and this book has really helped mentally prepare and stay strong.
on August 10, 2013
I read this while my husband was deployed and it helped me out a lot.... We didn't live together until we were already married two years and it helped me to understand military life
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
It came in great condition, and it came faster than expected. I recommend everyone that needs some tips and advise about being a new military wife to pick this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 11, 2017
This book has extremely helpful information for the military spouse or girlfriend! I would highly recommend it!!! I loved it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2012
I found this book very helpful, I started reading it before we even got married. I now buy it for all my friends who are new to the military life! It has great information on where to find resources, how to deal with deployments, and even information about tricare! I love this book! Even after being married 6 years I still use it as a resource!