Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Marsha Collier
She is one of the foremost e-commerce experts and educators in the world. Her books are published worldwide (special editions for the U.K., Germany, India, France, Canada, Australia, Russia, China -- and an edition in Spanish. More than a million copies of her books have been sold, and has been on multiple Best Seller lists. Marsha intermixes writing with her role as experienced spokesperson. She makes regular appearances on television, radio, and in print to discuss business, ecommerce and customer service.
Her latest books, 'Social Media Commerce For Dummies' and 'The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More' gives businesses insight into how to use Social Media to build customer relations and bottom line.
Her e-commerce advice has appeared in publications such as Martha Stewart Living and Reader's Digest, and don't be surprised if you've seen her on television - as a guest on The View or the Today Show and in her own PBS special, Making Your Fortune Online.
She is a popular keynote speaker, inspiring online sellers to success, the lead instructor at eBay University, speaks at conferences worldwide, and runs a successful online business - so is she an internet fanatic? Well, let's just say she's on a mission: educating current and future online sellers.
Very active in social media, Marsha uses her years of experience to instruct online citizens on selling and marketing. She was named one of the top twenty iCitizens by Kelly Mooney in her book, "The Open Brand." She is also listed in:
Forbes Top 10 Women Social Media Influencers
Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers
30 Best Female Bloggers
Small Business Book Awards: Startup Book Category, Starting an eBay Business For Dummies
The 100 Most Powerful Women On Twitter
PeerIndex #1 Customer Experience Online Influencers
Top 25 Most Influential in Customer Service: MindTouch
140 Characters Conference 2009 NOW Award Winner
One of Top 10 LA Tech & Twitter Voices in the Los Angeles Tech Scene by Ranker
Marsha currently resides in Los Angeles, CA. She can be reached via her Web site, www.marshacollier.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
It’s a bargain! The definitive guide to buying and selling success on eBay - fully updated for 2020
Want to know the best way to get rid of some of that clutter laying around the house and make some cash? Or sell that beautiful jewelry you made recently? It might be time to take a quick trip to a market with more than 175 million buyers and start a global bidding war.
eBay remains the easiest way to sell to hungry consumers worldwide and to uncover incredible bargains and unique items for yourself in the process. Marsha Collier, longtime eBay business owner and one of their first elite PowerSellers, shares 20+ years of expertise to fast-track you to becoming a trusted buyer and seller on the site. You’ll find out how to set up your account, market effectively, and master shipping and payment, as well as how to find the best bargains for yourself and close those sweet, sweet deals.
- Establish your eBay store
- Find techniques to make your listings stand out
- Make money and friends with social media
- Bid or buy outright
Whether you’re a bargain hunter or bargain seller, declutterer or aspiring eBay tycoon, eBay for Dummies has what you need. Put your bid on it right now!
Enjoy the top social media sites with ease and security
Done correctly, social media is a way to connect friends, family, and the world while still maintaining security and privacy. Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram For Seniors For Dummies, 3rd Edition offers advice on how to enjoy the three most popular social media options while avoiding worry about who sees what you share.
Written by social media expert Marsha Collier, this book walks you through establishing accounts, making connections, and sharing content including photos and video. You learn the settings to adjust on each platform to maintain privacy and filter out the content you don't want. This book also explains the subtle art of avoiding or blocking people on social platforms without jeopardizing your real-world relationships!
- Take control of what you share
- Connect with others
- Take and share your best pictures
- Use social media as a news source
Social media sites are great fun once you learn how to cut through the clutter—and this book shows you how!
eBay continues to grow as it connects new individuals with items to sell with would-be buyers every day. Combining essential information covering seven key topics, this all-encompassing guide shows fledgling entrepreneurs how to sell like a pro, present and market your items, become a power seller, deal with office and legal issues, and so much more.
- Discover the secrets behind driving views for listings
- Find out how to source merchandise for resale
- Get advice on the back-office tasks of running a business
- Grow your business beyond the eBay platform
Author Marsha Collier is the undisputed authority on eBay. Her advice has helped millions of eBay users navigate the popular shopping and selling site. This book explains how to
Get your computer ready to use eBay
Go to the eBay site, sign up, and browse
Spot good deals, buy items, and pay safely
Set up your own sale
Take pictures of your merchandise and get them online
Receive payment and ship items
Understand eBay's fees and rules
eBay can be fun and profitable. This book makes it easy to get started!
Want to turn your eBay use into a steady revenue stream? Come to where everyone starts, with a copy of the latest edition of Starting an eBay Business For Dummies. EBay superstar author Marsha Collier packs the fourth edition of her mega-selling book with everything you need to know, from how to tap the explosive power of social media for promoting your business to the very latest on eBay?s fees and payment structure, how to maintain your own customer service center, ways to build an audience, and much more.
- Shows you how to lay the foundation for a business by setting up a store and reviews legal requirements and restrictions
- Helps you price and source your merchandise
- Explores how to attract an audience using social media through your own site
- Gives you a quick MBA in budgeting, money transactions, customer service, shipping, and more
- Offers insight on other sellers who have been successful on eBay and what you can learn from them
Kick-start your eBay business and get profitable with this must-have guide from eBay superstar Marsha Collier.
Social media commerce is a booming industry. By using social networks in the context of e-commerce transactions, brands large and small are making their products more available and more convenient for customers. This one-of-a-kind guide introduces you to social media commerce and explains how you can use social media to provide better customer service, collect payments online, and build your customer base. Online marketing expert Marsha Collier helps you determine where you have the best opportunity to reach your market, which sites you should integrate with, and much more.
- Your customers are communicating with each other via social media; making purchasing opportunities available on social media sites adds convenience for your customer and opens up new sales opportunities
- This step-by-step guide explains social media commerce and shows what you can accomplish
- Helps you determine the sites where your business should have a presence
- Demonstrates how customers can help promote your brand as they recommend products and services to others on their social networks
- Author Marsha Collier is the undisputed expert on eBay and a recognized authority on social media marketing
Social Media Commerce For Dummies helps you offer your customers better service while giving them the opportunity to share information about your product with their social media contacts.
Whether you want to turn clutter into cash, create a steady revenue stream or give up your job and start an eBay business, Making Money on eBay For Dummies, Australian Edition, is for you. This handy guide offers tips on everything from registering with eBay, sourcing items to sell and working out your fees, to automating your business and marketing to new and existing buyers.
- Source your items — discover goods close to home or through online wholesalers
- Create a killer listing — perfect your item titles and descriptions, and understand the importance of great images
- Set up an eBay Store — select your payment structure, design your store and market to your customers
- Choose the right shipping and packing options — compare carriers and ensure your packages arrive in one piece
- Deal with auction problems — end an auction early, negotiate feedback withdrawal and apply for a fee credit
- Take advantage of automation tools — manage repetitive parts of your business
- Join the eBay community — understand the role played by the Security Centre and seek advice from experienced users
Open the book and find:
- Tips for choosing a User ID and password
- Advice on using the functions and reports available through your My eBay Pages
- Guidelines for what you can — and can't — sell
- How to block problem bidders
- Strategies to increase traffic to your listings
- Details of products, tools and services to help ease your way
Social media gives you an unparalleled vehicle for connecting and engaging with an unlimited number of customers. Yet this vehicle is different than other, more impersonal forms. With social media, reps become part of their customers' lives. They follow back. They handle complaints immediately. They wish customers "happy birthday." They grow their brands by involving themselves in communities.
The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide gives you the keys to authentic and engaged service to customers through social media. Using a blend of case studies, a primer on classic online customer service, and instructions on how to execute quality customer service, this book enables you to access the opportunities that social media presents as a means of serving customers.
- Authentically use social media to connect with customers to boost your bottom line
- Attract new customers through your online presence
- Achieve higher GMS (Gross Merchandise Sales) with quality customer service
Social media gives you a new and growing realm to distinguish your business. Create a productive presence in this interactive space with The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide.
Go from eBay beginner to eBay pro in no time!
Whether you aim to browse, buy, sell, or open up your own eBay shop, this third edition of Britain's bestselling guide to eBay gets you up and running with everything you need to know. Fully updated and packed with new information on eBay apps, creating and running an eBay business, becoming a PowerSeller and much more, it covers every aspect of eBay.co.uk, from security issues and avoiding scams to making serious cash in your spare time or as a full-time eBay merchant.
- Get acquainted – from registering and setting up a homepage to organising eBay sales and communicating using the 'My eBay' page, you'll quickly feel right at home on eBay
- Bid and buy with confidence – discover how to search for and evaluate items, make bids and win auctions, or use the 'Buy It Now' option
- Sell like a pro – get the lowdown on how to choose and post items for sale, set prices and conduct auctions for maximum profits, as well as how to ship stuff and collect payments
- Keep the taxman happy – how to keep track of your earnings and comply with all the relevant tax rules and regulations, including the VAT
- Give your auctions pizzazz – get expert tips on how to spice up your auctions with pictures and graphics as well as links to other websites
- Stay safe and secure – learn everything you need to know about avoiding fraudsters, scammers and hackers and safeguarding your privacy and your identity
Open the book and find:
- How to register and buy and sell on eBay
- Advice on bidding and winning eBay auctions
- Expert tips on choosing items to sell and picking the ideal auction time
- How to set up sale listings and monitor your transactions
- Tips for marketing your stuff on eBay
- The lowdown on avoiding cons and protecting your privacy
- Guidance on setting up an eBay business account
- How to open your own eBay shop
- Make serious money selling your wares
- Bid, win and buy the easy way
- Build and expand your eBay business
- Stay safe on eBay.co.uk