- Hardcover: 328 pages
- Publisher: Clarkson Potter; unabridged edition (September 6, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307954447
- ISBN-13: 978-0307954442
- Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 1 x 10.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 61 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #110,133 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.98 shipping
Martha Stewart's Vegetables: Inspired Recipes and Tips for Choosing, Cooking, and Enjoying the Freshest Seasonal Flavors Hardcover – September 6, 2016
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
MARTHA STEWART is America’s most trusted lifestyle expert and teacher and the author of more than 80 books on cooking, entertaining, crafts, homekeeping, gardens, weddings, and decorating.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Rainbow Carrots and Chard
Taste the rainbow: Carrots come in an array of beautiful colors. For this striking side dish, we blanched a variety of colors just until tender and bright, then tossed them with a lemon vinaigrette and the color-coordinated stems of rainbow chard.
1 pound small carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bunch rainbow Swiss chard, stems trimmed (leaves reserved for another use)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, and ½ lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh mint leaves, for serving
1. Prepare a large ice-water bath. Cook carrots in a pot of generously salted boiling water until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to ice bath until cool, then remove with a spider and pat dry.
2. Cook chard stems in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to ice bath, drain, and pat dry.
3. Whisk together lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until combined.
4. Combine carrots, chard, and lemon rounds in a large bowl. Toss with some dressing, then transfer to a platter. Top with mint and serve.