Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Martian Watches Notifier Smartwatch - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Compatible with select Apple and Android phones - You can use this with most Android smartphones and tablets with OS 2.3.3 or later and Apple iPhone 4S, 5, 5C and 5S, plus later versions of iPad and iPod Touch.
- 1.5" graphic OLED Display - See information in clear, easy-to-read detail with 96 x 16 pixels of resolution.
- Rechargeable Battery - Lithium-ion polymer battery can be charged with the included USB cable.
- Notifications - Keep up to date with caller ID, SMS, e-mails, social media posts, fitness stats, news and sports headlines and other alerts that your compatible smartphone supports.
- Customize vibration patterns - You'll know what kind of incoming alert you're getting without even needing to look at your watch.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S
- Android Smartphones 3.0 & above
- Android Tablets 3.0 & above
The Award-Winning Ultimate Notification Watch
Don’t be fooled into thinking the Martian Notifier’s small screen means small features. This connected timepiece, one of the most highly-recognized smartwatches on the market today, is loaded with some of the most advanced functions of any smartwatch available, built into an always-on classic design. Not a flat screen image of a watch; but a beautiful, award-winning analog fashion watch.
Getting alerts from hundreds of Apps is the number one use of most smartwatches. Most use the same vibration for every alert, forcing you to always look at your watch to see what alert just arrived. Instead, Notifier uses vibration patterns so you know the type of alert without looking. The unique “tap glass” feature lets you bring the alert back within 5 minutes, and you can scroll through past messages anytime. Plus much more!
Martian Notifier Key Features
Get Notifications From 1000s of Apps
You will automatically receive notifications including Caller ID, text messages, e-mail, calendar, social media, games, bank alerts, news headlines, and many more.
Customize Vibration Patterns
Create a customized vibration pattern for each notification type, so you can distinguish between incoming alerts without looking at your watch.
Filter Your Alerts
Apply filters to allow only notifications that are important to you to show on your watch.
Additional Cool Features
Long Lasting Battery
Increase the 6 day alerts battery life even further by turning the watch off at night with one button press. When the alerts are off, unlike most smartwatches, the analog watch is always on with its separate 2-year battery.
Tap the watch glass to quickly recall a notification up to 5 minutes after it was received.
Phone Camera Remote Control
Remotely control your smartphone’s camera to snap a picture or activate a three-second timer to compose a group picture, with you included!
Phone Leash & Find Phone
People lose their mobile phones every day; Martian Notifier alerts you right away when you walk out of range of the phone and helps you locate a misplaced phone.
Compare with similar items
Pebble Time Smartwatch - Black
COGITO CW2.0-001-01 Classic Smart Bluetooth Connected Watch for Smartphones - Black Onyx
Pebble Steel Smartwatch Stainless
ASUS ZenWatch 2 Silver with Metal band 37mm Smart Watch with Quick Charge Battery, 4GB Storage, 1.45-inch AMOLED Gorilla Glass 3 TouchScreen, IP67 Water Resistant (International Version)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||alwayz-on-sale||Carolinas||Triplenet Pricing INC||alwayz-on-sale||dirtcheapsellerms|
|Color||Black||Black||Black Onyx||Brushed Stainless||Silver Case, Silver Metal Strap|
|Operating System||iOS, Android, iOS, Android, android, ios||ios, android||Android/Android 4.3/iOS/iOS 7||ios, google_android, ios, google_android||Android 4.3+ or iOS 8.2+|
Analog Smartwatch Mobile Device Alerts Free iOS/Android App Graphic OLED Display Voice Commands Control Smartphone Camera Shutter Connects Wirelessly via Bluetooth 4.0 Silicone Band with Stainless Steel Clasp Built-In Rechargeable Battery Up to Five Days Runtim
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Functionally it has been great. #1 surprise has been battery life, it's been amazing and can go 2x as long as the Pebble did between charges.
-Alerts have been very reliable. A hiccup here or there in terms of consistency but frankly, the Pebble was the same way too.
-The companion app on iOS is very nicely done. It's very easy to customize your experience - which alerts you want / do not want to get on an app by app basis (text, phone, FB, What's App, Maps, and all kinds of other apps you have installed). And also custom alert styles (combinations of long and/or short alerts)
- It's nice to be able to simply shut off your connectivity & alerts to your phone but still have a functional standard watch.
There's a few downsides, but all of them minor IMO:
- I found the watch band to be uncomfortable and lacking in appearance. Wound up replacing it with a nice leather band which looks very sharp with the watch. Problem solved!
- Not water proof - I have got used to taking it off before showering but it would be nice to be able to have some level of water resistance built in.
- Watch face itself is not backlit which makes seeing the watch face in the dark very difficult. You can push a button and get the time on the LCD screen but it would be nice to have a backlit screen (although I'm sure this would put a big dent in battery life)
- Proprietary USB charger. (Pebble's is proprietary too). Would be nice to have had a standard USB adapter.
Pebble certainly has a larger ecosystem with a ton of 3rd party apps at your disposal. But in all honesty, I never really used those 3rd party apps much with Pebble because it's so difficult to see & navigate things on a tiny watch screen. So even though Martian doesn't have these, I don't miss it at all.
If you want the benefits of wearable technology without feeling like you are a dork wearing an old school calculator watch on your wrist you should definitely give the Martian a try. It's a highly functional, reliable and attractive looking alternative at a very reasonable price point.
The functional interface of the watch is simple. There are two buttons on the left (UL, LL) and a standard pull-crown to adjust the analog watch time. The UL button activates the Siri function (or voice activation) of your smartphone. The LL button will cycle through the internal smart functions of the Notifier. If you press it once, it gives you the time, date, battery life/Bluetooth status, and a weather summary. If you press it multiple times, you can enable the other functions including DND (do not disturb) where your Notifier will not vibrate with alerts from your smartphone.
One of the "neat" functions of the Notifier is the ability to find your smartphone. If your Notifier shows that it is connected with the smartphone, you can activate the "Find Phone" function of the Notifier which causes your smartphone to play a piano do-re-mi-fa sequence. It ignores the silent mode (using the switch). I've actually used this several times already. Very useful feature. Another function, configurable via the app or the Notifier, is "Leash" mode which will cause the Notifier to let you know when it is moving out of or has moved out of the Bluetooth range of your smartphone.
The impact on the smartphone battery is what many people have issue with. True, the Bluetooth radio in your smartphone must be enabled for the Notifier to do its job. However, I have not witnessed a drastic reduction in battery life. What many people do not realize is that rechargeable LiPo batteries in smartphones, iPhone and Android alike, have a finite lifespan and will continue to degrade every time you charge it. This lifespan is usually defined as the number of charge cycles. The older the battery, the more cycles you have on it. I included a screenshot of my iPhone's battery report to show that my battery (recently replaced) has very little charge cycles (65) on it and is operating in near new condition (1370mah fully charged versus 1430mah factory fresh). My old iPhone battery had 800 charge cycles and only had 600mah fully charged (less than half of factory fresh). If you find that your smartphone battery is dwindling fast with the Notifier, it's probably time to replace your smartphone's battery. Battery life will degrade over its lifespan regardless of using the Notifier or not.
- Included watchband is made of rugged silicone. It is not thin and will probably last longer than the watch itself.
- Two separate batteries. A standard watch battery for the analog watch function. A separate rechargeable battery that manages the smart functions of the watch.
- Heavier than a simple analog watch but light enough to not be a deterrent for regular use.
- Bluetooth 4.0 functionality. This is also known as "LE" (low energy) that smartly powers and sleeps the radio to save battery life.
- Smart functions are firmware updatable. In fact, there was a firmware update available for the watch when I first linked the watch with my iPhone. Firmware download software is available for both PC and Mac computers (not updatable through the app).
- OLED letters and digits are bright and crisp. Not too bright for use in the dark.
- Vibration intensity (default to 10 of 16 levels) is adjustable. I set mine to 8 so that I could feel the vibration without actually hearing it.
- Vibration patterns are customizable so that you know if it is an email, text message, or a particular app.
- Battery life is advertised at about five days. From the initial charge I made on Christmas morning, I am still sitting at over 60% battery life on the Notifier five days later. This is excellent.
- Battery charges from 0% (as shipped from the factory) to 100% in about two hours. Perfect for charging the Notifier overnight after a week of use.
- Smart function date and time is synchronized with your smartphone. You can enable weather reporting via the companion app.
- Can use other watch bands. Martian sells quite a variety of silicone and leather based straps for their watches. Other watch bands may be compatible.
- Clear, line-of-sight distance for Bluetooth is roughly 20-30 feet. On par with other Bluetooth devices.
- This watch is NOT (nor advertised to be) water resistant or water proof.
- The Notifier can show you the amount of battery left via a graphical gauge. It would be a nice touch to see the percentage (you can find that out by using the companion Notifier app on your iOS or Android device).
- Charging port cover looks as if it will fail in the future. It does look as if it can be replaced if it is indeed lost.
- Uses an altered micro-USB cable with a longer end. I would guess this is because the charging port is located deeper inside the watch for the occasional splash of water that would hit the side of the charging port cover. A replacement cable can be purchased for about $12 from Martian.
- "Light" function illuminates the LED light - supposedly to allow you to illuminate a dark area. The LED is too weak to be of practical use.
- The list of supported apps for customizable vibration patterns is limited to the major social network and news related apps. This is likely due to a restriction on what the Notifier app can do to scan installed apps on your smartphone. NOTE: even if an app is NOT included in the list, all notifications will be sent to the Notifier regardless.
- The company, like Pebble, is a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- Firmware update allows you to toggle "bold numbers" so that any number will be larger and bold for easy to read on the OLED display.
- "Camera" mode turns the upper left button into a shutter release button for your smartphone. Nice idea.
Finally, there is only one con on the list that Martian cannot fix through an app update or a firmware upgrade - water resistance. At the most, I'd dock the watch a half star for that. However, my normal use of the watch does not have me working around water. I would suggest to those who do look for a different watch solution. Otherwise, this is a great smartwatch for the money and look forward to seeing what other products Martian will bring to the category in the future.
A full week plus a couple days later, the Notifier is holding charge at 54% (reported via the app). Battery life is excellent.
I'm disappointed that Amazon removed the pictures (or at least I can no longer see them) upon editing the review.
There are a couple observations I wanted to add:
- It would appear that if the app is running in the background that it can discover apps when a notification is pushed to the Notifier. For example, eBay, Twitch, and Amazon apps now appear in the Notifier companion app to let me filter the alerts for those apps. This is something I had not seen until recently.
- The Notifier is holding charge at 46% (reported via the app). I have not hooked it to a charger since Christmas. This is far better than expected.
- The Notifier shows basic weather information (forecast). It would be nice if they added current temperature to the forecast with optional heat index/windchill.
word of caution:
This watch is in no water water proof or water resistant. I would get condensation under the glass just from washing my hands. It wouldn't effect anything and it would eventually dry up; but it means water is getting in there. Mine accidentally got submerged briefly and quit working for good. I attempted to let it dry in a bag of rice before turning it back on, but it was permanently broken.
Most recent customer reviews
Long lasting battery
Notification works really well
very busy.Read more