Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 419 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 453 reviews
on September 23, 2010
(I uploaded a photo of my desk)

Ok, pros & cons!

CONS:It took me about 3-4 hrs to assemble because the directions are unbelievably difficult, but it was worth the time.
Although it's made to accommodate height adjustment mine just wont lift for some reason, no matter how much I tried.
A lot of left-over screws & such which raises an eyebrow.

PROS:It's sturdy & no matter how unlevel the floor is, each leg adjusts so it wont wobble.
The tilt mechanism works wonderfully, it wont collapse on it's own w/ pressure (so draw away you Heavy-Handers!).
The stool can take a LOT of weight. More than the average person if you put it together right.
The drawers are cute & compact, perfect for fitting tons of pencils, erasers & the like.
Not too heavy once put together so it can be moved rather easily.
It just looks beautiful!

There are two different H & W's for the table surface on this pg. Its definitely the smaller of the two. Yes, its only an inch difference, but I only add that because I was looking for a height that exactly measured the height of the paper I would be using (24in).

All in all, I LOVE this desk. The Pros outweigh the cons. You wont regret buying it. View my pic!
review image
77 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
Everything was perfect with this table. It went together in about two hours. I took my time and enjoyed it. The segmented plastic bag holding specific fasteners for each step of the assembly is a great help, and a nice idea. Nothing was missing, and everything was in order. There was nothing damaged by the shipping. The table is perfect for my smallish space, but is an ample size. It has a good weight to it, and feels substantial. I like the fact that it has guide pads and not wheels: wheeled tables feel to me as if they are always moving away while I work. This table sits firmly.

I'll add a little wooden strip as a retainer at the near-edge of the work surface, to keep paper or board or canvas from sliding off when the table is tilted to large angles. I'm a woodworker, too, so I'll choose an attractive wood, and fashion a strip to install. I'll make it easily removable for times when I want no obstruction on the table.

This is a well-made table, of a nice design. It looks great with my tractor-seat wheeled chair, but I'm sure I'll often use the supplied stool, also, say, on alternate days. The three drawers are 6 x 10 inches x 1 3/4 inches high, operate well, and are great to have. I measure that the table-top will slant as much as 40 degrees; the click-stops are firm and positive, and will not slip. There are ten click-stops, or about 4 degrees per click, so you have a lot of slant angles to choose from. What a bargain this set is! I note that the white-surface top costs even less, but I like the warm Cherry toned top (my Woodworker bias, there).
Buy with confidence, I'd say! Completely satisfied, here. Five out of five stars. Now, to do some art!
on December 27, 2012
We purchased this for my 5 year old who is really into art/drawing. We had no problems with the assembly, all parts were labeled correctly and instructions were easy to follow. Packaging was good and nothing arrived damaged. We have no problems raising or lowering the table. The drawers are very small but we added a side storage cart for her extra supplies. We also added a clip light. We are very happy with this purchase. It is very functional and will give my daughter room to grow. We uploaded a picture of our art center.
on January 5, 2012
I would like to say, I read the reviews on here through and through before making my purchase so when it came time to buy I was a little worried. This was a Christmas gift and it came down to the wire and being I couldn't find a better deal I went for, and I'm glad I did.

I would not say it's perfect and I did have my issues, but I'm not sure what some of these reviewers are talking about. The instructions were very straight forward, listing all parts with numbers. All screws came in sectioned bags according to number, wish I think was really awesome and a HUGE help. Some of the images are a little blurry but nothing your own common sense wouldn't see through.

I do have some complaints but they are negligible. First, the desk does come with tools(2 allen wrenches and a small wrench), though I would strongly recommend having a power drill with a screwdriver bit handy. When putting the top of the desk together, I noticed not all the holes were drilled for the screws. It was an inconvenience at most. Next, I noticed the screws the attach the top of the desk to the legs were a little too long. Again it was more of a inconvenience than anything and has not affected the tilt of the desk.

For the price you really can't beat it considering it comes with a stool too. As far as difficulty put it together I'm not sure the the problem many of these other reviewers were facing. I put it together Christmas Eve in about an hour.

If you're look for an drafting/crafting desk for a student or someone who is just getting in to drawing and crafting this is prefect.
on February 7, 2012
I don't get why it got one star. Mine turned out great. I did take the time to inventory all the items. I had all the parts and I was able to get it put together in about an 1 1/2 hrs. As for being sturdy, no you can't sit or stand on it. It's perfectly sturdy for just drawing or painting. It was completely level after some slight leg adjustments. The parts were well marked. The only issue I had was with the stool. It was a little off level. About an 1/16th of an inch. There were 4 holes that were not predrilled, fully noted in the instructions but not hard get the screws in. There was even an online video if you needed help. I didn't need the online video but I thought it was worth noting. I gave it 4 stars. It was worth what I paid.
on January 2, 2016
I bought this table for my 6 year old as a Christmas present. It arrived quickly and was well secured with tape.

Upon opening, the task at hand seemed daunting. Fortunately, the instructions are clear and written in English (not merely translated). The fasteners are in a bag divided by steps, making this less frustrating. All parts fit together easily, and assembly went off without a hitch. It took me approximately 45 minutes from opening to completion.

I have another hobby table that I use, and this one seems to be superior in all but one factor. It is rather short, even when extended to full height I wasn't comfortable using it. The stool was also too short for me to use comfortably. As a point of reference, I am 6' even. I'll see if my wife can use it later on and update, it may simply be too small for me.

That being said, it is the perfect size for my boy at its smallest setting. It will also grow with him until he outgrows me, and I really can't ask for more than that when it comes to children's furniture. It actually feels solid enough to last that long.
on February 13, 2015
I've had this for a few weeks now, and I have to say that it's a regrettable purchase. Not a single bolt stays tightened. I put my elbows on it, leaning a little bit, causing one side to push down. Getting the top back up and level is no simple task. In addition, I've got one side of the glides (the thing underneath that makes it tilt) that won't move beyond the first notch, so I have to use a tool to push it in to make it move downward. The other side won't lock at the bottom. I accidentally tilted it up too far one time and spent the next 40 minutes attempting to get it to go back down. The entire top came up off the base when I lifted it to tilt all the way up, per instructions. Essentially all this means that it's not even remotely adjustable, either with height or tilt. These were pretty big requirements when I went looking for one.
on December 17, 2013
I am good at assembling furniture. I have assembled numerous pieces over the years. This wasn't too challenging, but wasn't super simple either. The diagrams of some of the pieces where difficult to really see any detail. It took me two evenings to assemble the entire package. Several times, I had to use a magnifying glass to see the direction clearly. It's a nice size and very usable. I don't like the pencil tray/holder and will probably remove it. For me, it seems to be in the way. I didn't really need the tilt function, which made the assembly more difficult. If one tilts the table, where do you put your supplies? I'm used to working on a flat surface with my supplies nearby, readily available. If you are using only one media, then the tilt function could be useful, but for someone using various items, I'm not sure where they should be placed. You would need an additional piece of furniture to put your media on.
My package seemed as though it had had some rough treatment en-route. It had been pierced in a couple of places. The packaging was difficult to remove and one of the items was broken (a drawer and its holder). I email the manufacturer and they are sending me a replacement. The pieces are packed in some very cheap styrofoam and my floor was covered with little bits of this. It took vacuuming twice before all was gone. I am still, however, finding little bits about the house.
Even with the negative things I've mentioned, I still believe this is a valuable piece of furniture if you are an artist or craft person. The size is adequate. The stool is a little hard, needs more padding in the seat. At present, I'm having some difficult getting the table top level. Directions are given for doing so, but so far, my top is still uneven. Thus pencils, pens, etc. roll onto the floor. I'm sure I will eventually get this fixed also. Even though I've included some negative comments here. I do think this is a usable work station.......just be a bit patient.
on February 1, 2017
Not what I expected. Positives: Assembled rather easily. I'm not sure why many others have had such a hard time with assembly. All parts were included and assembled with minimal effort. Table top looks very nice. NEGATIVES: Plastic drawers are incredibly cheap and the system to hold them is shabby and poorly designed. Doesn't work. The plastic "tool trough" is also incredibly cheap but it does as advertised. My largest complaint is just the size. It's much smaller than I expected. Seems to be designed for a child (maybe a very small adult). As an average sized adult male this unit is just BARELY tall enough at its highest height for me to get my legs under it. Shaky and cheap, but so was the price. I should have known better. See photo - unit is at its highest - next to a normal sized stair banister. Built for kids.
on January 11, 2017
I'm in college studying art and design, so I figured I'd invest a little for a space to work. I wanted a desk with an adjustable table top, with a chair, and with some drawers or some sort of storage. I am also on a very low budget, but what college student isn't? So, this desk was the best option for the price. The desk was delivered on time, and the packaging was a little rough, but OK looking nonetheless. I had work the day it came, so I didn't open the box and put it together until the day after it arrived. Instructions weren't too hard to follow. You must be wondering what went wrong. The desk came with a broken drawer. I mean it was really BROKEN. Like, completely useless, cracked on the bottom, with most of the bottom not even attached. Am I upset? Yes. I gave it 2 stars because a broken drawer isn't the end of the world, but still bad enough to be given 2 stars.