Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

92%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on July 15, 2017
I have recently purchased 12 different books on Luther and the Reformation and I did so by reading various reviews of each.....I have never heard
of this author but I am mightily impressed with this Book and so much so I have ordered the 2 other volumes.

This is more for the serious student of Luther no doubt. This is heavy and dense with much material and yet it holds the readers attention through out. As a novice on Luther, I am learning so much here and I am not on the 2nd Volume of this epic serious.

I cannot recommend this highly enough! Thank goodness this was translated into English!
on February 9, 2017
Pastor husband reading these for use in sermon series during Reformation 500. LOVES THEM - tells me stories of Martin Luther every night at supper.
on September 18, 2012
I ordered this product because I heard it was one of the best biographies of Martin Luther and it does not disappoint! I am about 200 pages into the book and it is very fascinating. The author is very detailed!
The book itself is also better than expected, since I only paid $4 for it. It is in very good shape, the only flaw was the binding was worn from being read before.
on November 24, 2013
The author is expert in his field, and the translator does a superb job of translating from the German. Luther comes across as some consumed with doubts and fears, and is bound determined to conquer these anxieties within his context, regardless of the ramifications.
on February 14, 2013
How can anyone not appreciate the work of Martin Brecht. This volume, among the 3, provides terrific insights into Martin Luther's early years...probably the most essential for anyone wishing to understand the Reformer.
on December 18, 2014
It was all very handsome it turned out, God bless your work!
on December 2, 2009
Any one that wants to know what it was that was the motivation in Martin Luther's journey, needs to have this in the library! My only problem is that now I will have to order the other two volumes in the series! :)
on September 15, 2009
While I haven't read the book yet and am not at all commenting on the value of the content, I was shocked when it arrived and I opened it up to thumb through it to notice that it doesn't appear to even have been typeset, but photocopied. It is VERY difficult to read. Many of the illustrations are so highly contrasted that they are difficult to view in any detail. I'm guessing that the publisher simply digitally copied the hardcover version of this book, though I'm not certain about that. Whatever the method of creating it, I would suggest either purchasing a hardcover copy if you can find one or wait for this one to come out on the Kindle (if you have one), as the other two volumes of this trilogy are already available on the kindle. I'm hoping that I don't have the same problem with the typeface on the kindle, though given the poor quality of this book it may take me years to get through it and on to 2nd volume.