$ 79 $59.99 Save $6.20 (10%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
+ $4.74 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of more than 140 popular comic book characters -- choose from 20 playable Marvel Super Heroes, unlocking more as you progress
- Universal team Upgrade system - Balance your heroes' powers, or customize each member to maximize their effectiveness
- Outfit your heroes with a vast selection of power-boosting equipment, create a team name, team icon and team vehicle, and establish your team's reputation as the story progresses
- Change the course of the game - The missions you accept, the objectives completed, and how you interact with other characters throughout the game will have a direct impact on the storyline
- No-holds-barred combat - Fight while you're airborne, submerged underwater, even out in space! Multiple combat tactics and accessories available - grappling, charge attacks and a destructible environment, where lampposts and chairs become dangerous weapons
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance lets you create a four-member strike force of Marvel Super Heroes. If you had to assemble a team of the best heroes, who would you pick? Choose wisely, because this is an alliance for the ages -- the team you create will face incredible evils, from the most exotic locations on Earth to the neighboring solar systems. Partner, battle and interact with more than 140 characters from the entire Marvel Universe, in a multi-mission quest with an innovative combat system. Command the largest roster of Super Heroes ever, as you determine the fate of a universe. Compete or cooperate online - coverge in battle against legendary villains, and Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner or challenge 3 other players
Top customer reviews
I played the x-men games before this one, and that might have been the problem. the first x-men game was amazing, the second one was much better, so I was expecting the increase of game play for this one too. it was on par with the x-men games (don't get me wrong) but I was hoping it would be even better... it was equally as good.
I'll start out with the graphics: nothing to call home about, but generally impressive. The character details are great (down to the voice acting) and the animations for all of the various moves look realistic
Presentation: The story is pretty solid if not simple. That being said, it's enough to get you through the game. The star of the game is the MASSIVE array of Marvel characters that you can play as -- MUA includes all your favorites from Spiderman, to Wolverine, to Iron Man and each character boasts his/her own array of costumes, power-ups, and unlockables.
Gameplay: A lot of people seem to feel that MUA is nothing more than a game for button mashing -- you can play this way if you'd like, but I've found that if you want to get really good at the game, you have to master combinations along with pulling off your various power moves. I think this elevates the game from the standard button masher and makes it a significant amount more fun. The gameplay doesn't really differ from level to level too much which does get tiring, but every now and then the boss battles change things up and keep things interesting. You can play by yourself or in co-op, and even then, there is true cooperative (no comparisons) vs. arcade mode, in which at the end of every level you or your partner gets awarded extra points for smashing the most bad guys -- this mode gets to be pretty fun!
Lasting Appeal: I can't think of another game that I have played so many times from start to finish. There are so many interesting characters and they are all extremely diferent (though for the most part, they break down into melee vs. range combat) and the power-up moves for each are diferent enough that playing through several times can yield a diferent experience each time.
I'd give this game an 8.5 out of 10 mainly for the fun (and addictive game-play), its co-op arcade mode, and the number of playable characters that lead to endless replay value. Highly recommend!!