+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
About the Product
- Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront
- 3-on-3 tag-team fighting action as players build their own perfect team, assigning unique "Assist Attacks" for each character and utilize each character's special moves to create their own unique fighting style
- Simple Mode with streamlined button mapping option that allows novice players to perform moves like a pro
- See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel Universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics
- A mix of returning characters like Spider-Man, Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk and others, mixed with newbies Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Wesker, X-23, Deadpool, Dante and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
After a decade of waiting, iconic Marvel and Capcom characters join forces again in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, a re-envisioned team fighting game for a new generation of gamers. Fill the shoes of legendary characters from both the Marvel and Capcom universes as you engage in 3-on-3 battles within living comic book art style environments powered by Capcom's MT Framework, an advanced version of the graphics engine used for Resident Evil 5. Additional features include: a single player story and online multiplayer modes, new playable character additions, a simplified three-button control scheme and a character-specific "Simple" Mode which can function as a tutorial.
Although Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds features a single player story mode in which you can play the Fate of Two Worlds storyline out in the role of each of the playable characters, the game is primarily a one-on-one crossover fighting game featuring heroes and villains from the Marvel Comics and Capcom video game universes. In this, action is team-based as players, either fighting against AI or a human opponent select three characters to stand against their opponent's three characters. Battles are essentially tag-team events, as at any time players can choose to switch characters as they look to string together combos that will do the most damage against opponents. All characters have special moves. In addition, special combos can be unleashed by each character after filling their power gauge while playing. Team combos can also be unleashed by switching between certain characters at specific times during fights.
Single Player Story Mode
The respective arch villains of the Marvel and Capcom universes, Doctor Doom, nemesis to the Fantastic Four and Albert Wesker, STARS turncoat and flunky for the Umbrella Corporation in the Resident Evil franchise, have joined forces in a quest for overall conquest in both worlds. Marvel and Capcom heroes stand ready to do all that must be done to stop the fiends, but may have to set aside their quest for justice and join forces with their sworn enemies as an unforeseen evil rises as the result of the initial actions of Doom and Wesker.
Key Game Features
- Innovative Graphics and Gameplay - Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
- Evolved VS. Fighting System - Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved new battle system, the "Team Aerial Combo," takes the exciting action to a whole new level.
- 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting - Players build their own perfect team by assigning unique "Assist Attacks" for each character and utilize each character's special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
- Simple Mode - Streamlined button mapping option will allow novice players to perform moves like a pro.
- Living Comic Book Art Style - See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel Universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
- New Characters - Popular returning characters include Spider-Man, Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Felicia, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, Magneto and Doctor Doom. Viewtiful Joe will make his debut in the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise. Additional characters joining the playable cast for the first time in fighting game history include Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Wesker, X-23, Arthur, Deadpool, Nathan Spencer, M.O.D.O.K. and Dante.
Easy to pick-up controls.
Special abilities & combos.
Comic book art style.
Tag-team combat action.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The arcade mode is standard fair, nothing new but a good way to practice for online play. No build up of the story so if you like some content with your game play then this is not you game.
2. The mission mode is basically a training mode that sort of rewards you for playing. I personally think it is waste of time and has no place being called a mission mode. It is not very fun either, but you can hone you skills a little more if you really wish to play the mission mode.
3. Online play is very intimidating. If you are not a fighting game god them expect to loose a lot. Although an option to fight other players that are of similar ranking exist, it almost never pairs you with someone you can fight and have some chance of winning so the online option will not keep this game alive like you would expect in other online game.
This game really shine when you have friends who are of similar playing levels who get together to battle it out for bragging rights. I love playing this game with my 12 yr. old and his buddies. My friends enjoy the comradeship this game develops and does bring some great characters from Capcom and Marvel universes into what is the next best thing in my eyes to a full length motion picture or action game that most of these characters will never.
Having a few people over to play a tournament or just goof around is what this game is all about. It reminds me of when I was teenager, going to the Jersey Shore with friends and wasting all our money in the arcade playing each other at whatever game seemed coolest. Those days are (unfortunately) long gone but this game is a good reminder of that.
If it didn't have that aspect I would have rated the game lower since it's literally just a straight fighting game that plays on people's nostalgia and love of brands. The battles are fast paced but I just sort of mash the buttons and hope for the best, which has been my go-to strategy for fighting games for the whole life. Easy in the arcade, not so easy with all of the xbox buttons.
Even so, the graphics detail is amazing, the characters have a very unique look to them, like moving comic book characters. If you love fighting games, you'll love this. If you don't, find some friends and have some fun.
Lots of characters
I suck at fighting games (especially online!)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This review coming from someone who hates fighting games cause they bore me. This on the other hand is quite fun and fairly simply to remember sick combos and specials to KO your... Read morePublished 8 months ago by David O'Reilly