Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - Playstat...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 9% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- 3-on-3 tag-team fighting action as players build their own perfect team, assigning unique "Assist Attacks" for each character
- Simple Mode with streamlined button mapping option that allows novice players to perform moves like a pro
- See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel Universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style
- A mix of returning characters like Spider-Man, Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk and others
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
After a decade of waiting, iconic Marvel and Capcom characters join forces again in Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, a re-envisioned team fighting game for a new generation of gamers. Fill the shoes of legendary characters from both the Marvel and Capcom universes as you engage in 3-on-3 battles within living comic book art style environments powered by Capcom's MT Framework, an advanced version of the graphics engine used for Resident Evil 5. Additional features include: a single player story and online multiplayer modes, new playable character additions, a simplified three-button control scheme and a character-specific "Simple" Mode which can function as a tutorial.
Although Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds features a single player story mode in which you can play the Fate of Two Worlds storyline out in the role of each of the playable characters, the game is primarily a one-on-one crossover fighting game featuring heroes and villains from the Marvel Comics and Capcom video game universes. In this, action is team-based as players, either fighting against AI or a human opponent select three characters to stand against their opponent's three characters. Battles are essentially tag-team events, as at any time players can choose to switch characters as they look to string together combos that will do the most damage against opponents. All characters have special moves. In addition, special combos can be unleashed by each character after filling their power gauge while playing. Team combos can also be unleashed by switching between certain characters at specific times during fights.
Single Player Story Mode
The respective arch villains of the Marvel and Capcom universes, Doctor Doom, nemesis to the Fantastic Four and Albert Wesker, STARS turncoat and flunky for the Umbrella Corporation in the Resident Evil franchise, have joined forces in a quest for overall conquest in both worlds. Marvel and Capcom heroes stand ready to do all that must be done to stop the fiends, but may have to set aside their quest for justice and join forces with their sworn enemies as an unforeseen evil rises as the result of the initial actions of Doom and Wesker.
Key Game Features
- Innovative Graphics and Gameplay - Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
- Evolved VS. Fighting System - Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved new battle system, the "Team Aerial Combo," takes the action to a whole new level.
- 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting - Players build their own perfect team by assigning unique "Assist Attacks" for each character and utilize each character's special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
- Simple Mode - Streamlined button mapping option will allow novice players to perform moves like a pro.
- Living Comic Book Art Style - See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel Universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
- New Characters - Popular returning characters include Spider-Man, Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Felicia, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne, Magneto and Doctor Doom. Viewtiful Joe will make his debut in the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise. Additional characters joining the playable cast for the first time in fighting game history include Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Wesker, X-23, Arthur, Deadpool, Nathan Spencer, M.O.D.O.K. And Dante.
Easy to pickup controls.
Special abilities & combos.
Comic book art style.
Tag-team combat action.
Top Customer Reviews
- 12 New Characters
- 8 new stages
- Improvement in online versus such as spectator mode
The new version will be completely REBALANCED such as X-factor being nerfed. There will also be new moves for characters. Therefore you may need to learn from scratch again for your favorite characters.
The exact and complete changes are not fully announced at the moment. But the retail price is already set at US$39.99. You will get more value for your money if you can wait for November release.
And most importantly...THERE WILL NOT BE A DOWNLOADABLE VERSION FOR UMVC3! You cannot enjoy an improved version without buying ANOTHER MVC3 on disc.
In accordance with Capcom usual tradition, this inferior version will be left obsolete with no more updates. Just like street fighter 4 being abandoned when the super version comes out. In fact, the developers have expressed that a downloadable version is not feasible to incorporate so many changes to the core. A new disc release is the only to go.
With all these being said, you may want to rent this game for the time being and see if the game is worth your money. You can refer to other detailed reviews for the game itself. And remember when the UMVC3 comes out, there could be yet another upgraded version in the future (similar to arcade edition for super street fighter IV).
P.S. I have never written a review on Amazon before. But the disgusted act by Capcom to abuse fans' loyalty is irritating, and this forces me push a review now.
P.P.S. This inferior version may be preferred if you want to take advantage of the unbalanced aspect of the game.
The gameplay and general mechanics are essentially a mishmash of those from both Marvel VS. Capcom 2 and Tatsunoko VS. Capcom. You're given three characters and a series of four core buttons to work with, those being Light, Medium, Heavy and Special attacks. This closely resembles the setup of TVC, simplifying things a bit from the punch and kick commands of MVC; a wise move, given that it generally trims the fat of the previous game's complexity.
The Assists, Hyper Combos, crossovers and many other advanced tactics all return, but there are a handful of new alterations and quirks. For one, unlike TVC, there is no Mega Crash (although it is possible to break away from certain long combos) or Baroque; instead, there's the X Factor, a completely new tactic that may only be used once per match. X Factoring allows each of your characters a brief speed and power boost, along with gradual health recovery. These effects are strengthened depending on how many of your 3 characters are remaining (it is at its maximum if you only have one character left). This occasionally adds an interesting element to the gameplay, but many have argued that it's an unnecessary feature which can unfairly turn the tide of a fight, and there is definitely some validity to this complaint.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast shipping + 1 stars for fast shipping
The game does not work-
The game works fine, no problem there. I am not normally into vs type games, but thought I would give this one a try since it was relatively cheap and Marvel is so popular these... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Shran III
A good fighting game for me.. people still play online, please buy this game, so we can still play the online mode.Published 4 months ago by Dogs25
Great game, disc not in top shape but worked great great for a used game. Would do business againPublished 5 months ago by Heyoooo
this is a awesome game. I love this game so many sweet characters to play and galactus is a pain to fight, but hey if they made the eater of worlds easy then I would say hey what... Read morePublished 5 months ago by David
great fighting game wanting to get a fightstick for it really badlyPublished 5 months ago by blake stewart
Love this game even tho marvel vs capcom 2 is better this is a good one.Published 6 months ago by GWPtheTrilogy