Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,213 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,537 reviews
on May 26, 2017
I love this movie. It has the funniest scene in any movie ever made. It was the scene where the villian declared himself to be king and told the Hulk that he could not touch him. Hulk grabbed the guy and slammed him repeatedly into the floor like a rag doll. After driving him into the floor Hulk walked away saying, "Punny king."
on September 26, 2012
We all know how good this movie, so I'll just put what's inside the pack (description from the back):

Disc 1 - 3D Bluray feature film

Disc 2 - Bluray feature film + Bonus:
- The Avengers initiative: A Marvel second screen experience - Access the S.H.I.E.L.D. data base to immerse yourself in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, dive into the Avengers Comic Book History, and much, much more in this exclusive experience for your Ipad, iPhone or laptop.
- Marvel One-shot: Item 47 - Original Short film
- A Visual Journey - Discover the amazing sets, groundbreaking visual effects, and stunning cinematography of this phenomenal film.
- Marvel's First ever Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- "Live to Rise" Soundgarden music video
- Plus all DVD bonus features

Disc 3 - DVD feature film + Bonus
- Assembling The Ultimate Team - The all-star cast shares the excitement of teaming up to bring these characters to life, and Director Joss Whedon discusses what each of them brought to their role.
- Audio Commentary - With Direct Joss Whedon

Disc 4 - Digital Copy of Feature Film

I have also uploaded the actual pics of the pack (3d lenticular slip cover, discs, phamplets) in the product page's customer images.

That's it. If you buy this in target, there's an additional exclusive disc: "It has an exclusive 90-minute documentary called "Building a Cinematic Universe." Its description reads "over 90 minutes of exclusive footage that takes you on a journey from the beginning of Marvel Studios to the evolution of its cinematic universe!" I was hoping Amazon also got some exclusive features, but that's it..

If you want to get the additional exclusive disc, get your copy from Target.. If not, Amazon's current price is 19.99, so it's a steal for a new release 3d bluray film.
on March 17, 2017
Marvel is pretty good at delivering the goods. The suspense is usually right on to carry the story. The Avengers was better than I thought it would be. It’s better the more you watch it. It’s good.

Gerri Anne Redmond from Gerri Anne Redmond Books (publisher)
amazon.com/author/gerrianneredmond
on June 10, 2014
I saw this a couple years ago, and thought it was OK. I like the Iron Man movies, but the others are just OK. For some reason I wanted to see something about this the other day, and found that I could watch it for free now as a Prime bennie. So I did last night, and I was blown away. I didn't know Joss Whedon wrote and directed this, or I would have paid better attention the first time. That was a brilliant move, he's the best there is. Of course the acting was excellent, and I really appreciated the characters' interactions with each other. The tension was palpable, and believeable. It set up the climax perfectly. One thing that was incongruous was the flying aircraft carrier. Still don't get why Fury would want something like that, no benefit and (obviously) many risks.

The key to this film's greatness is that it relies the most on the interactions of the characters rather than the battles. And the key to the interactions is the brilliant casting, which of course was taken care of far in advance by Marvel when they assigned these folks to their separate movies before this payoff blockbuster. But again, with anyone but Whedon at the helm, it may not have been this great.

Now I see there is a sequel in the works, might even be done filming by this time. Everyone, but most especially Whedon, is back. Watch for Avatar box office records to be broken.
on July 13, 2016
I had never used Amazons streaming service before, but I was pleasantly surprised. It streamed perfectly with no issues. I liked that you have thirty days to start it and three more days once you have started. It feels good knowing that if something comes up, I can still come back to finish it later.

The movie was awesome, too! I love all the Marvel movies and this one was no different. I suggest watching them in order, that's what I did with my boyfriend, who had never seen any marvel movies. We started them a couple months ago!
on December 9, 2012
This is a great movie. Humor throughout, stunning visuals, an excellent cast and amazing director, and an interesting, if slightly contrived, story add up to a brilliant movie and a perfect new addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I purchased the 4-disc combo, so this review is for that version.

3D
This is by far the best done 3D graphics I've seen on a Blu-ray movie so far. Even the menus have incredible depth. Unfortunately, the price seems to have gone up in line with other 3D movies; on release it was down around $18 on Amazon, miraculously.

Packaging
The typical Blu-ray case comes wrapped in a cardboard sleeve with a thick, holographic cover image of the Avengers, plus Nick Fury, looking intimidating on the streets of New York as you can see in the product image. The hologram is pretty nice; it shows a good bit of depth but has very limited range before it repeats. It's pretty much the same image inside the sleeve minus the hologram. Inside, the typical ad leaflets sit on the left along with your code to unlock a digital copy (haven't redeemed it yet, but it says it works with iTunes and Windows Media Player, so it doesn't seem to be Ultraviolet which is nice), a digital music album (see below for tracks), a free digital comic book *offer* (have to be registered at Marvel.com), and a free* movie poster ($3.59 shipping and processing). Another comment mentions having difficulty with the digital copy and downloading the tracks in different regions, so be careful with that if you're interested in those. Rather than have a plastic middle insert with two discs attached to it, both sides of the case have extra deep CD slots that hold two discs each. If you press down on the center plastic mechanism hard enough, the discs come out easily without the death grip some cases seem to have on discs.

Discs
The four discs consist of one Blu-ray 3D copy, one Blu-ray copy, one DVD copy, and one standard definition digital copy. The DVD and Blu-ray discs have several skippable previews before you get to the main menu; I don't think the Blu-ray 3D copy had previews.

Special features
You can find lists of special features in several places, so I won't list them all. The special features vary by disc. The Blu-ray 3D disc has no special features, the DVD only has commentary by Joss Whedon and Assembling the Ultimate Team special features, and the normal Blu-ray disc has all of them. The deleted and extended scenes are interesting if you enjoy those, but my two personal favorite special features were the gag real and the "Marvel One-Shot: Item 47" digital short. The gag real was funny, though certainly not the best I've seen. A couple scenes near the end of the real are pretty hilarious, though. The Marvel One-Shot is a short film (11:20) about a couple finding one of the pieces of alien technology used by the Chitauri and getting it to work. It was a humorous extra piece of the Marvel Cinematic Universe starring Lizzy Caplan (Party Down, True Blood, Cloverfield, New Girl) and Jesse Bradford (Hackers, Swimfan, Guys With Kids) with Maximiliano Hernández and Titus Welliver.

Digital album tracks
5. Black Veil Brides - Unbroken
6. Scott Weiland - Breathe
7. Redlight King - Comeback
8. Bush - Into the Blue
9. Evanescence - A New Way To Bleed (Photek Remix)
10. PusherJones - Count Me Out
11. Buckcherry - Wherever I Go
12. Five Finger Death Punch - From Out Of Nowhere
13. Cherri Bomb - Shake the Ground

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, especially those looking for a quality 3D movie to show off a 3D TV. Since this was $18ish at release, I was really hoping this would be the one to stop the annoying $30+ 3D Blu-ray trend; alas, it's not. If you're looking for one 3D movie to actually spend the $30 on, though, this one would be an excellent choice.
on November 17, 2014
This is one of the best films I've ever seen, not just because it's a fun action film, filled with characters that I've grown to love, but because it was the first of its kind, setting the bar for other multiple-character franchises. It's a first, and because of this it absolutely has its flaws, but it's definitely a game changer.

Despite having seven lead characters (counting all Avengers plus Loki), everyone got at least a few moments of screen time devoted to their development. With seven leads, that's pretty amazing. We have the quiet moments, the little gestures and phrases that have been picked apart time and again by the fans that have granted a depth to the film that wouldn't have been possible if this were the first time we met any of these characters, and that's the real beauty of Avengers. It's a team-up flick, but it's a team-up of characters we've all been introduced to before. (Even if you hadn't seen any of the previous films, there was a sort of pop culture awareness around most of them by the time it was released that you'd be hard pressed to go in blind about anyone except the characters who didn't have their own film yet and were, however regrettably, less important because of it.)

Combine that with a well-loved director who isn't afraid to sucker punch his audience, and you've got a perfect mix for a film that doesn't just thrill audiences with fight scenes that are larger-than-life, but gets people to invest emotionally in a fictional world. Avengers was released more than two years ago, but the film is still being picked apart and very much alive in the hearts and minds of the fans because of Marvel's expert world-building. In every show, every film, you see threads that lead back (or forward) to other events in the Universe, and it's this sort of continuity that the fans love. They pick up on every little reference, read into every word of dialogue, every prop placement, every choice that the creative team makes, and this is what has made Avengers so successful. It stands up to that test, and even with ten films under Marvel's belt, there's still very few inconsistencies. (Especially when you compare it to the next largest Marvel franchise, X-Men, which has some major timeline problems around Wolverine.)

All in all, this is a film that should be in every collection because it's not just great, it's revolutionary.
on June 27, 2016
My favorite of all the Marvel super hero movies. Love the entire end battle scene- I'd be happy if that were the entire movie, honestly.

My biggest complaint is Cap's characterization here. He's such a butthead. What's up with his line about God? If you know the backstory you know he's extremely traumatized right now, but I wish they'd given us a little more about why he's being such a git. Thankfully he gets it together later.

Also, 10000x more Black Widow and Hawkeye in everything, please.
on November 16, 2013
I grew up reading Marvel comics in the 70s, and I love this movie. I've watched it 3 or 4 times. The characters are witty, the dialog is fast-paced. With this many stars, it's tough to give them all enough screen time but the directorial style of flipping from the viewpoint of one major character to another is brilliant. You get to see the same scene from multiple viewpoints, and it really is gripping.

Yeah, there is some suspension of disbelief, and it's never clear whether the bad guys are robots or organic or some mixture of the two, but who cares. It's a visual feast.

For me, the high point was... wait, first some back story. Whenever I watch movies with my kids, I am always "getting" some inside joke that they have no frame of reference for, and I have to explain to them, "see, when I was a kid, there was this TV show, and there was some character who always said...". Recently I bought a Looney Tunes collection for them to watch, and among the collection are a lot of road runner cartoons. And when Tony Stark says, "What Loki's got is an Acme Dynamite Kit, and it's going to blow up in his face", my kids were all, "Dad! We got that reference!" Which I find especially ironic because in this very same movie, there's a reference to the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz, and Cap America gets very excited and says, "I got that! I understand that reference!". Life imitates art. You gotta love it.
on April 29, 2017
Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) is a really excellent movie for the whole family to watch on TV. It has a whole lot of adventure and action. I would recommend this item to anyone who needs it.