Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on August 9, 2011
I've gone through many of Amazon's covers, and returned all but this one. This was the only one that did not have overt problems with functionality and construction. I tried two Kate Spade covers, both the striped one and the patent leather in red, and found serious issue with construction for such an expensive case. The striped one had been put together crooked, so the stripes didn't line up at the edges and the patent leather dyed my kindle red. Not worth the price, no matter the brand name. I also tried Cole Haan's basket weave cover, which I loved, but the weave became loose and snagged.. also not worth the price. These two high end companies also employed the clasp mechanism to hold the kindle in place, which most people found to disrupt the kindle's electronics. I wish the leather of this cover were higher quality, but as far as functionality and construction, it is perfect. Everything fits the way its supposed to, no excess glue on the binding (Kate Spade- seriously? for $120?)I'm a fold over reader and this cover is perfect for that, the strap holds the cover comfortably, and there's even an expandable slot to slide and rest your hand on the inside cover. There's a small pocket for credit cards or cash.. which comes in handy on the airplane. The kindle slides into its pocket without the use of clasps and is very secure. I have access to all my buttons, although the right over button is a little close to the pocket, just requires a little more attention to hit it. In all, my only complaint is that it's not nearly as luxurious looking or feeling as Cole Haan's leather.. but this is a fake leather, so you can't expect that really.. I do wish the colors were better- you either have BRIGHT or super subdued and manly. I'm not a 13 year old girl, nor am I a man, so the color options were a bit frustrating.
on August 31, 2012
Pros and Cons

Pros
-the pink is a pretty shade and adds color to my Kindle, matching the Molly Rausch cover for my Kindle Fire (I like it much better!)
-supposedly eco-friendly????
-nice interior slot to put your hand through while holding the cover folded back for a more secure grip
-soft suede-like interior

Cons
-I think using Eco in the title is a con alright...
-"eco-leather" feels like vinyl or other cheap synthetic material
-elastic strap that can be used to hold the cover shut is sewn into the top stitching and very tight. The tightness may be to allow for stretching but too much pulling will not just pull the elastic free, it will ruin the stitching on the outside of the cover.
-has a chemical smell to it (although it does mostly dissipate--I can't smell it in normal use but the smell is there if I bring it close to my face)

I bought the pink version of this product a couple of weeks ago. My Kindle fits in it properly and it does what it is supposed to do--covers my Kindle, so I'm giving it 3 stars for that. But....

Is anyone else getting sick of having Eco this and green that thrown into practically every marketing pitch that comes our way? Marware touts their Eco-vue Kindle cover like it's some kind of environmentally friendly product simply because they use a special leather tanning process. I'm all for being environmentally conscious, but I'm crying foul here.

This product has the look, feel, and smell of a synthetic material, so what good is the eco-friendly process if all it achieves is making the leather look, feel and smell like cheap plastic? (Some argue that using leather at all is not eco-friendly--I'm not taking sides on that one ;)) One reviewer was remarking on the microfiber interior being very suede-like, and it is--much more so than the outer cover looks or feels like real leather, even though it is. Also, it is strange that Marware uses an eco-tanning process but also uses glue and synthetic materials (that smell heavily of chemicals--not usually a sign of eco-friendly products) for the inside of the product. They call their product "responsible" and perhaps it is, but the consumer's impression is that (s)he bought a leather product that looks and smells like a cheap pollutant-derived imitation. Oh, and the piece of elastic sewn into the top stitching to hold the flap closed is "innovative"? I have had $5 journals with that feature for years, and office portfolios and coupon holders have had them for decades...

Consumers need to wipe away the marketing hype and judge the product on its real attributes. Environmental impact may, and perhaps even should, play a role in that decision but we need the real facts and not a bunch of hype to attract their idea of the "green" customer.

UPDATE 02/04/2013: Now after about 6 months of use, the black elastic has left ugly black stains where it rubs on the cover when it is employed to hold the cover shut. It is extremely unattractive, and does not seem to want to be removed. The suede like lining plus another layer of some kind of fabric lining have peeled back to the stitching on the inside right corner, exposing what appears to be a hard layer of plastic beneath it. It still protects the Kindle, but is mildly unattractive. Otherwise the cover seems to be holding up ok.
on September 14, 2012
The Marware black cover of the same description fit my 3rd gen. kindle with keyboard fine. It was easy to slip on and off; the pocket fit over my hand for easy use. Unfortunately my screen somehow got damaged even though the kindle was never dropped or subjected to any impact. Not sure if the cover was too soft for protection. I was ready for a cheery new cover for a new keyboard kindle. The color of the pink product is its only redeeming factor. It's a great uplifting bright pink. But the product does not fit the kindle. I had to force it on and even now, a month later, the cover has not softened up enough to accomodate it. Quite sure the part holding the kindle in will break from the pressure of the kindle. The cover itself is very stiff and unyielding; difficult to take advantage of the slip over the hand option. The strap holding the cover closed is one of the features I wanted but on the pink kindle, I'm having to stretch it carefully to fit . Finally, there is a loose loop of thread where the binding is. Again, it's waiting to break. If I wasn't a procrastinator, I would have returned the pink cover and searched for a replacement brand. Does anyone know if the current Amazon kindle cover has stopped shorting out the kindles? Those covers were compact and durable but back when I purchased it, they had metal hooks which were later identified as the problem for causing kindles to malfunction. Any good covers out there for the keyboard kindle?
on December 27, 2012
This is a really attractive and practical case but be aware of the fact that it does NOT fit the 2nd generation Kindles (even though they have a keyboard). It fits the newer Kindle Keyboard, and I'm sure it would be great for that purpose.
on December 23, 2012
I have found the hand pocket to be particularly useful because I have arthritis in my thumbs and holding a Kindle or a book for any length of time becomes very painful. Sliding one hand into the pocket to stabilize my Kindle takes pressure off my thumb joints which is a great relief. I like how well padded the folio is, too, so that the Kindle is well protected when I close it up.
on August 29, 2012
I am not too enamored of this product. There is such a small amount of padding for protection. I can definitely feel the cardboard beneath the padding, and the cardboard is very bendable. While the elastic band to hold the case closed is tight right now, I expect it will stretch out eventually. I would have preferred a magnetic closure. There is no velcro to hold the top flap in place to keep the Kindle from falling out of the case. I do like ths softness of the interior lining to prevent scratches on the screen. As for whether it is real leather or not, not really an issue, but the 'eco-leather' does have a strong chemical smell to it - definitely not a leather smell. I bought mine in pink, so perhaps the smell I am noticing is from the dye. It also comes with an interior slot (too tight/small to call a pocket) and a strap to put your hand through to hold the Kindle...neither were important to me. My main priority was solid protection and that is lacking for me.
on July 30, 2013
I was very satisfied with this purchase, it fit my Kindle perfectly: all buttons and ports are easily accessible, it holds the Kindle firmly in place and it's very comfortable to use. The elastic strap holds the cover while you read and the strap behind the cover is very comfortable to place your hand so you can easily hold it (comes in handy while lying on your back at the beach for example).
I read some people didn't like the quality of the leather, but keep in mind it's eco-leather and therefore more environment-consciuos than real leather!
All in all I was very pleased with this, also I love the color!
on July 5, 2011
My son bought and sent me both my Kindle and this case in red.. It protects my Kindle. I keep the directions folded in half in one of the pockets. The case protects my Kindle beautifully with all of the case's fancy inserts. And it's beautiful. I ordered another one that I thought was the same brand at the same price. In comparison, it was awful and too expensive and practically nothing fancy was in it. So I returned it. I checked my good cover and found the brandname of Marware and ordered another one in teal and gave it to my husband with a second Kindle I ordered for our anniversary on July 4. I am ecstatic! So is he! Please check these covers out. Mine's really nice and it's so comfortable to use when I am reading from this Kindle miracle.
on January 27, 2013
Love this cover for my keyboard Kindle. The strap on the flap side makes it so easy to hold the Kindle, and when traveling, I use the slot to hold my boarding pass and my credit card. Have one in purple too, just for a change in color!
on December 4, 2013
I don't know why I was so obsessed with getting a case for my Kindle but I landed on this one. Definitely serves its purpose and is good looking. The pocket in the back is too small for my hand (and I have pretty small hands!). It's kind of bulky when its folded back, but is good protection. The best part is being able to hook a pen light to the top and read in the dark.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.