Marware MicroShell Folio for iPad 2 Black (602956008569)
|Price:||$41.50 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra thin, hard shell back cover and foldable front protective lid provide all-around stylish scratch/impact protection
- Lightly magnetized protective lid also folds to work as a stand for display, viewing, or Face Time.
- Soft magnets that secure the lid closed and wakes/sleeps the iPad 2 display when open or closed
- Durable, stress-resistant back shell design
- Camera hole cutout on the back
- Access to all buttons and ports so you can charge and sync without removing case
- Includes: Polycarbonate case, protective lid
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The smartcover magnets are weak, but work as advertised. It needs a little push down after sitting on my desk as a holder all day, but will snap into place and put the iPad into sleep mode.
The material is very sturdy, and has already saved the iPad from a few tumbles. The method it takes to snapping it in place to protect the back cover is great, because it does not cover anything more than a small part of the metal surface visible from the front. Very unobtrusive. However, the material at the three joints of the front cover cover is already wrinkling after a month through my constant use of it as a stand during work hours, and I worry about the long term effects. I'll add more as things develop. Also, the material is nice and feels like rubber, which makes it easy to grip, but oily hands lead to stains. Be aware.
Finally, a caveat for those (like me) who are doubly-obsessed with the safety of the iPad, and have added invisibleShield to the product. I put it on the front and back, and the result is that the already tight fit of this product made it impossible to snap all four corners into the case. I have it snapped into three, and it's partially snapped into the fourth. It has never come off of the iPad, and it does not affect the magnets latching. Just be aware that it is a VERY tight fit, and is hampered from snapping all four corner into it by the invisibleShield.
|Length: 4:43 Mins|
1) Protection - from drops, scratches, etc
2) Thin and Light - the whole purpose of the iPad is portability. I didn't want something heavy or bulky
3) Functionality - Has Smart Cover functionality and has the ability to act as a stand for viewing and a pad for typing
4) Appearance - mainly color and texture
After spending hours searching through Amazon, reading reviews and going to brick & mortar stores, I finally landed on this case. I ended up returning up and purchasing the Colorspill2. I also considered the Apple Smart Cover with a separate piece to protect that back, but that was going to run at least $55, so I figured I'd give this cover a shot first. Here's what I think for each of my criteria points:
1. Protection - this is where the MarWare felt to me like it fell short. As the video reviewer stated, it just doesn't feel like it would offer the protection necessary if I dropped my iPad, even from a foot or two. Now, it might be well engineered and would offer the protection, but without some proven claims by the company, I just didn't feel comfortable with this cover. Plus, the cover didn't stay closed AT ALL. The Apple Smart Cover (ASC) stays closed when you move the iPad around. The Marware cover just flopped off, reducing protection.
2. Thin and light - Here is where all the leather (and pleather) cases that would fit the other three criteria didn't seem to measure up - by definition leather is pretty thick if it is going to protect well. This seemed to be one of the hardest criteria to fulfill and still be protective. This case is SUPER thin and light.Read more ›
It props up a couple different way and don't fall. It also has the feature to turn off the pad when its closed.
Highly recommended. The manufacturer who made this put some though into it.
For the price, i think this is the best one like it for the Ipad2.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My only complaint is the material feels a little cheap compared to other cases I have purchased. It does seem durable.Published on December 20, 2013 by Heidi S Wallick
I purchased this case almost 2 years ago and it has been a GREAT protection for my iPad! I have dropped it, kicked it, partially stepped on it... Read morePublished on September 20, 2013 by JulieH
We bought one for my boyfriend's ipad 2 years ago and it did the trick for a great price. Started to get some cracks in it, but it's been 2 years and he thrashes that thing! Read morePublished on July 2, 2013 by Natalie
I really wanted to like this product. It is sleek yet protective however, since the stand function is not magnetic like a regular smart cover, it's a bit difficult to use and... Read morePublished on May 30, 2013 by Buyer
I bought this for my Ipad 2 and I am happy with the product. It offers protection from scratching and minor bumps but If you are looking for a heavy duty protective cover this... Read morePublished on May 30, 2013 by jmc547
Ok, I bought this case in April and its been great. I've been choosing Marware products for a long time now. Read morePublished on May 14, 2013 by Robert Dunlap
The first one last about a year, with lost of usage and trips all over the world. It is probably the best case for the price and features.Published on May 13, 2013 by Sariah Atassi
Compact, protective, stylish, practical, durable. It is perfect. Especially for the price, this shell is all I would ever need out of a protective case. Couldn't be happier.Published on March 18, 2013 by Benjamin Belnap
Fits my iPad 2 perfectly, super thin and super strong. I wanted a cover that didn't undo all the effort that Apple had put into making the iPad a thin and sleek device, which many... Read morePublished on March 14, 2013 by Greg S.