Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marware Revolve Genuine Leather Rotating, Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation), Black (only fits Kindle Fire HD 7", Previous Generation)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

VINE VOICEon December 5, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I like this Marware Revolve Case for my seven-inch Kindle Fire HD. A lot. It's solid, well-made and does exactly what it says it will do. It protects my investment.

PROS:
1) The Marware Revolve allows for hands-free viewing in both portrait and landscape formats.
2) Your Kindle snaps into the case firmly and doesn't come out unless *you* take it out.
3) This case has an elastic band that holds it firmly closed when your Kindle Fire HD is not in use. Plus, it looks sleek and professional.
4) I actually DROPPED my Kindle Fire HD on my tile bedroom floor, while it was secured in this case -- and it came through in perfect condition! YEAH!

CONS:
1) The case comes with an online video for use. Just sayin'...

The Marware Revolve comes in a variety of colors. (My personal fave is the Hot Pink.) It's easy to use and truly protects my Kindle Fire HD from my clumsy-tude. Any case that can do *that* gets five stars from me!!!

Note: It fits ONLY the Kindle Fire HD 7".
22 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice leather case that uses quality materials. However, I do not feel it is a valuable product for use with the Kindle Fire. The problem I have with this case is that it is bulky and does not provide good control when using the hand strap. First, the bulky part:

This case is twice the thickness of other cases and weighs almost as much as the Kindle does. When you go to close the unit, the leather hand strap presses upon the glass of the kindle. You must bend the cover slightly to get it to close and then depend upon the strap to keep it closed. I am not sure if this will cause issues with the display, but it is worth noting.

Second, Loss of Control with the hand strap:

In order to use the hand strap, you MUST keep the strap at the bottom when you insert your (either left or right hand) hand so that you can use your thumb to keep the unit from flipping open!!! The pivot point that allows the unit to perch for viewing has no restraint when using the hand strap. Thus, if you move your thumb off of the Kindle, it will probably flip away from you! This is not only annoying, it also is a potential issue as it opens with enough force that the Kindle could come loose and decide to take a journey to the ground. Not only that, you look like a real dork when it happens.

I give the company credit for innovation and quality of materials, but do not feel this is ready for the consumer until they address these two major issues. I would NOT recommend this product at this time.
22 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love being able to rotate the kinds in this case, and I love that this is real leather. There are a lot of plastic cases out there. Leather is far more durable, nice to the touch, and provides some nice padding.

I like this case, it looks very nice. I also feel like it provides good protection for the Kindle. Leather is water resistant, so it will protect your kindle from casual splashes.

The rotation feature is great. I had another case, which also acted as a stand, but only in landscape. This is fine for movies, but for books I find portrait mode is easier.
VINE VOICEon December 11, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Okay, before I mention what is wrong with this case, I will mention two things that are right:

1. The leather feels so soft. For a mass produced case, they did a good job at this aspect.

2. The strap, which I am going to call a negative down below, does look cool if you are thinking of your KFHD as an ebook reader because it resembles the straps that are sometimes found in books.

Okay, done with the good. Now for the critique:

1. The spine likes to stay open. By that I mean when you open the device and then close it you have to use the strap to hold it shut because it will not do so naturally. Since the device turns on and off when you open and close it, this means that the device will waste power staying on because it thinks that the case is open. There are many ways to avoid this, but they manufacturer did not try to.

2. There are no pockets to put note cards or business cards.

3. There is no loop to hold a stylus or pen.

4. The case is open around all sides. This isn't a design flaw, but if I were the company I would offer a zippered version to protect the device from rain.

5. The strap SUCKS!!! I mean really, it takes effort to properly close this case! Why not design it not to need one like my Toshiba Thrive case, or design it with a magnetic clasp like my Kindle Touch case?

6. The rotating mechanism is pretty cool, I have seen similar for other devices, but it is pretty tight. Perhaps this will loosen up, but after 3 days I still report this to be difficult to turn.

7. The hand strap is useless. If you hold it open like that, the device is secured only to one side and can flap about. If you are going to put in a hand strap, this should provide secure and stable device placement.

8. And now for the most annoying factor: they get a point for designing a case that can sit at several angles, but then loose several million for designing it so that NONE of those angles are comfortable. They range from pointing slightly down to pointing slightly up, and all of them are best if the device is at or within 6" below eye level. If you sit it on your desk and not a long way off, it is not angled enough for a good view! Seriously? Didn't they test this before going into production?

My advice to the user is to find another case.

My advice to the manufacturer is to redesign. And while you're at it, please send me a free one of the new cases after the redesign so that I don't have to buy a new case!

One more word about the price. I know that this is a high end case with the rotating feature and all, but anything over $30 is just ridiculous! I got mine free in exchange for this review (sorry about that, but I am always fair and I have never been bribed in my reviews), but I wouldn't have paid for it if I had to do so!
33 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
I think this is a sturdy case and it protects the Kindle. I like how it rotates to watch vertically or horizontally. I was looking forward to the hand strap to hold while reading. But, this is where I see a problem. I have had my Kindle for one month. I have had the case for about 2 weeks. The Kindle has a screen protector on, but the strap has left gray/black marks on the screen exactly where the hand strap hits the screen when you close the case. Do not notice too much on dark backgrounds, but you see it on white backgrounds. It doesn't wipe or clean off of the screen protector. I am considering returning this case and going without the hand strap.
on November 29, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have tried numerous cases and sleeves for my Kindle Fire HD, but this Marware Genuine Leather case is by far the best I have used. It truly is an excellent high end case for the Kindle Fire HD. The case looks great, and feels like a quality product. It allows you to rotate the Kindle to fit you viewing needs, so it's nice to be able to turn it any direction which watching a movie, reading an ebook, or playing a game. The leather case is tough and should last a while. It automatically puts your Kindle to sleep when closed, and you can have it set so the ports are protected or available for easy charging, etc...
on November 28, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Marware (I keep thinking Malware!) leather case is designed for the Kindle Fire HD 7; unlike some other KF HD 7 cases I've tried, it does not work for other 7-inch tablets! Just so you know. 8-) The case is high-quality. Unlike most other tablet cases, this one does not smell bad out of the box! Hopefully this means it does not contain weird coating chemicals. There is a hard shell inside the case where you fit the KF HD 7. The fitting is easy although I had to use a little bit more force that I was used to. The case folds horizontally to transform into a stand, just like any other tablet case/stand, but the hard shell is on a pivot so it can be turned, along with the KF HD 7, 90 degrees, so the KF can be placed horizontally or vertically! The case is sturdy, which means it's also bulky. But it's actually not as heavy as I had imagined when I first saw it. I got the black case which I think looks a little cheap. The other colors should look much better, if only because they add style to your Kindle Fire life! BTW, you do have access to all the ports when your KF HD is in the case.
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case is so handy. I use my Kindle Fire HD every day and this one seems to work the best. It's leather, and unlike some of the others out there in the market the spots match up to plug in for both power and on switch. I recently got hooked on a game and since I play it often, this case protects my KFHD while I am in between games or reading which is the main thing I do. My books are my joy and I have been very happy with both my device and this cover. You won't go wrong with this one!
VINE VOICEon December 12, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the first rotating cover/stand I have had for a Kindle. The big pro for this item is that it rotates, my favorite feature of the case is it rotates and did I mention the rotating feature of this case is terrific. Now the con of the case is that it is heavy compared to other cases I have. For carrying it is fine but if you want to tote it around in a purse it really is too heavy. I find I use my Kindle in this case at home or if I am carrying it book style. The swivel feature is a bit tight to rotate but it does not move at all once you turn it so this actually is a plus. All in all I like this case and the black leather is nice and easy to keep clean. Recommended.
on January 2, 2013
I have the original Kindle Fire and purchased a Marware Leather Case similar to this one. When ordering this one I was expecting something similar. The thing that stood out to me on this one was the rotating section and how the Fire stays in the case instead of having to pop it out on the older version -- my wife never was able to figure that out.

I received it today and found this product to be not as good as the last version. Out of the box and installation of the HD Fire into it wasn't as easy as the previous version. When trying to pop it into the holder it took several attempts to get it in. Once in it was secure. Starting to use it I found that I really liked the rotation and stand function; however, I was a bit annoyed that if you are not careful the HD Fire can swing out pretty easily if you aren't careful. Also, the instant on doesn't seem to always work right, but I'll have to keep an eye on it. Also, it is noticeably bulkier than the original version.

Otherwise, I'd say I am happy to an extent, but not a 5 star. Expected this to be equal to the last in quality, and I don't think it is.

Update 1:

I changed my review from a 3 star to a 2 star. The auto on feature when you open the cover does not work as advertised. It seems that it only works dependent on the orientation of the HD Fire. I am considering returning it.

Update 2:

I ended up returning the cover to Amazon. It was outside of the normal returns policy; however, Amazon did refund a good portion of the amount paid.