Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 27, 2011
I didn't think I would actually care about how well the colors matched, as others had mentioned, until I put it on. Looking at the keyboard, you can't even tell the case is a separate piece. Unfortunately, the edges around the screen aren't so seamless. There's some definite slack along the long edges causing the case to bow up a little bit instead of fitting snug. This leaves a nice lip for me to grab and peel up by mistake every now and then; not the end of the world, but I would have liked it to be a bit more form-fitting. The bulge also casts a nice shadow across the screen if the light hits it from the side--again, nothing that can't be avoided, but I feel like if it was more snug this wouldn't be so bad.

In the end it's a solid case, but with the somewhat loose fit around the screen (the most important part) I would have expected to pay maybe $12.99.

As for the material, the feel is very nice and, in the now unlikely event that I drop it, I'm confident it'll be well protected.

UPDATE 2/4/11:

After using the case for a while now, I've started noticing some weird reboots. They occur pretty frequently, actually, and cause my Kindle to lose the place of my current book. After playing with it for a while I realized it was static electricity not being dissipated by the kindle's body; weird, but understandable. A few days ago, however, I realized what the real culprit was: I took off the case, and when I did I heard hundreds of little static pops come off of it. Weird, as I thought silicone wouldn't have this problem, but clearly it's building up a good deal of charge on the surface and frying my kindle regularly. I've had it out of this case since then and have yet to suffer from a random reboot. Bummer, the case looked and felt nice.
88 comments| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2010
Fits my Kindle perfectly. Makes it easier to grip and I don't have to worry about fingerprints/scratching my Kindle. I've been waiting for a skin/case like this. I ordered the Graphite color and it matches my Kindle perfectly. Even the texture of the case is nice. Smooth in some areas and lightly textured where you need more grip. It isn't one of those sticky cases that attracts a bunch of dirt and stuff. It is just a simple, very nicely designed case. I couldn't be happier.
99 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2011
I bought this case for my K3 since I did not want the Book type covers and I already had the Belkin Vue sleeve but for handling purposes I just wanted something that would go between my fingers and the Kindle and it worked fine. It does add some weight (not much) but I have found that this actually helps to hold the Kindle better and the Graphite colour does blend well (just wish it also came in Navy Blue or Purple). I noticed some earlier reviews where other persons mentioned the smell and this is the reason I did not give it five stars. It has a strong smell at first but this eventually goes away with airing and handling, other than that I would recommend this case.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 4, 2010
This skin is great to keep you from dropping the Kindle when holding it to read; it's a tad too thick for my taste (the previous skin I had for the 2nd generation Kindle was very thin) and I can't use the skin when I'm using the Kradle I purchased as well. Overall, though it's a good buy.
on December 31, 2010
This case is wonderful! It was so easy to put on and it fits like a glove. The only thing that I think could potentially be improved it the screen protector. Right now it is just a thin piece of clear film. I wish it was better quality. As for the case itself, as I said, I love it. You can work all the buttons on your Kindle with absolutely no problem whatsoever. I also feel confident that the Kindle won't accidentally slip from my hand.

Even with the flimsy sheet for a screen protector, I would absolutely buy this item again WITHOUT hesitation.
on March 22, 2011
The cover itself is very nice once you get it on, not bulky and a very nice fit.
But, the down side is that there isn't a easy way to take it on or off without stretching a part of it out, something this cover wasn't made to do. Only plausible way to put it on is by putting the kindle through the hole made out for the screen and sliding it down to the bottom and then by stretching out the top Right or Left corner to get the rest of the device in.

We got the case on just barely without damaging it and once it was on, it was great. But when we tried to take it off to try on a different type of case... it tore.
so there goes $20+
on April 26, 2011
On the positive side, it does fit the Kindle 3 very well and the graphite color matches nicely. That is the only positive thing I can say. It is heavy, so much so that I found using it detrimental to the whole, lightweight, Kindle 3 experience. It completely covers the side (page forward and back) buttons and, although there are indications that approximate where the buttons are, they do not adequately show the full range of the buttons so finding them is difficult. The material STINKS, a really nasty smell of chemicals and it feels really weird.

I did use it for several days and also noticed that the bottom part of the cover, that cover the area between the keyboard and the bottom side input area, is very flimsy and started to pull away every time I pick it up.

I wanted to return it but, since I did not know of the above problems until opening and using this item for a few days, I won't get more than "up to 50%" of the purchase price, less shipping, so I will keep it and store away for what I do not know at this point. This is the first item I purchased from Amazon I have ever wanted to return and was VERY disappointed by Amazon's Return Policy once I read it. This will make me very cautious with future purchases from Amazon; too bad, I am a big customer. My question to Amazon is: how do you expect us to know if the product is as described or performs as described until we open the packaging and/or use it? Also, the maximum one can get when returning a product is 85% (unopened package). How does that make sense?
on January 11, 2011
I bought this primarily for walking and since I dropped (and broke) my Kindle 2 that way, I was able to attach a wrist strap to this cover so that wouldn't happen again. It's light weight which was a must for me. All the buttons are still easily functional. It feels a little loose around where I have the wrist strap attached (at the bottom) but it's never come close to falling out of the cover. Nevertheless, I think I'll work on modifying how the wrist strap is attached so I feel more comfortable.
on January 9, 2011
I like the cover for my 3G-WiFi Kindle, the only issue i have is that it doesn't protect the screen very well. Not good when I toss in my purse on the run. It also collects any and every hair it can find which isn't good when you live with dogs. Constantly trying to get dog hairs to let go of the silicon. Overall great cover.
on January 9, 2011
I have the black Marware Sportgrip Fitted Silicone Case and it fits the Kindle perfectly. It was easy to put on the Kindle. It has a nice feel to it and makes reading the Kindle without a book type cover easier. The cover keeps the Kindle from sliding from your hands easily and it has a soft feel to it. The page turn buttons are covered by it and there are arrows on the cover that let you know where they are, and this causes no problems turning the page. The cover also keeps fingerprints off the Kindle and prevents oils from your hands building up on the Kindle. I originally got black because I wanted it to blend in with the Kindle and the graphite color was sold out at that time. I like it so much that now I am considering ordering more in different colors.