Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 377 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 459 reviews
on May 30, 2012
Most of my running shoes are Nike+ and holds the sensor in the shoe, but since I am always on the go, I loved the concept of being able to bring the sensor with me wherever I go without bringing the actual shoes. I live in two different places and having one less item to bring going to and from was well worth the $9. After removing the sensor from the shoe to insert into the case, I noticed the sensor showing some wear and tear from being in the shoe. I think this case will actually protect the sensor better from the dirt and debris that tend to get into the shoes while running. The sensor case is well made (of leather or leather-like material) and not flimsy at all. It holds the sensor very snugly, stays on the shoe tightly but also slips on and off the shoe very easily when removing the case. I highly recommend this case for those who either don't own a pair of Nike+ shoes or for those who like to switch running shoes often.
on June 13, 2017
Great purchase
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2009
My guess is that an accelerometer will measure more distance if it is placed under your foot, when compared to the top of your foot.

When I calibrated my sensor on a treadmill, I ran three miles and the sensor thought it was 2.7 miles. So, either the treadmill was off or the sensor was off. Regardless, I set the calibration in my nano so that it was 3.0 miles and now regardless of the treadmill I use (including other brands), the nano and the treadmills are always within .05 miles of each other.

The Marware Sportsuit, is very easy to put on and take off. I like this because I don't use the battery while walking or biking in the same shoes.

I also gave up on the armands and now I use a teeny weeny fanny pack: Nathan Gel Waist Pack. The Pack as an "External, mesh Trash Pocket" that holds my ipod nano upside down (with the receiver pointing up, so that when I look down, I can see the ipod screen right side up.

The Nike Amp+ iPod Nano Remote Watch should allow you to leave your ipod anywhere you want on your body. That watch in theory will allow you to start/stop/pause/get powersong/activate voice feedback.

The Marware Sportsuit performs as expected, with calibration.

BTW, you do need to insert the foot pod face down so that it is face up when you flip it around.
on December 1, 2015
I've had this on my shoes for years, and it definitely protects my sensor! Well made and easy to attach.
on May 24, 2017
Easy to use, very good.
on December 12, 2011
My boyfriend doesn't run in Nike shoes, so I searched for an alternative method for him to use the Nike+ sensor. This is by far the best.

The case wraps under, then over the laces, so there is no need to tie it into your laces as some of the other cases do. This makes it easy to take off and use the sensor with other shoes or to wear your shoes plain.

The case holds the sensor steady and the reading is very accurate. The lower down on the shoe you can wear the senor, the better. There is no fear of it slipping out at all. The case is also pretty stylish. All black, with a silver "G". It's small also. I was concerned that it would be big and bulky, but this case is nither.

For convenince and accuracy (and looks), I reccommend this case.
on May 27, 2014
I've been stuck using only Nike+ shoes as I always wanted to have the spot for the sensor. Recently I needed to get some different shoes and so I got this to see how well it would work. I was pleasantly surprised! Once calibrated, it works almost as well as the dedicated shoe. I noticed the accuracy can vary a bit depending on how flat you can get the sensor so I always tighten the strap for this sensor on my shoe as tight as I can once I have my shoes on and tied. This eliminates most of the variance and I am very pleased with how this work.
on July 18, 2011
Been using this for over a year and here are some quick comments:

Very easy to put it in your shoe and the NIKE + sensor fits it like a glove.
Almost ZERO chance that it will ever come out of your shoe (I had this in my shoe during a lot of Army PT and getting down into the grass with it never coming lose.
Doesn't look the greatest, sometimes you'll have people ask you what the heck is on your shoe so be ready to answer those questions.
Cheap cost, it's almost the MUST HAVE accessory if you get the NIKE + iPod Sport kit and don't have the compatible Nike shoes.
The quality of the strap/case is very good for such a small item that it needs to hold.

Overall I can't dock it any points for anything, although if there was an easy way to hide the case under the laces I would!
on September 11, 2011
Purchases a new pair of running shoes which were not Nike+ compatible but I wanted a way to keep track of my daily runs and I found this product. Works great! Simply followed the directions and my typical route measured the exact same distance but I went for a run on the outdoor track to recalibrate just in case. Haven't had any problems and I prefer the way this product is made out of a durable fabric which encases the sensor. This seems more durable than a clear plastic clip some of the other vendors are selling. I would recommend this to any runner who wants to watch their progress with Nike+ and have the benefits of a good pair of running shoes that aren't Nike+ compatible.
on May 28, 2014
I love using this to keep my stand alone sensor safe attached to my shoes I have been using this for a while and it is amazing how safe it keeps it I have never have to worry about losing it on a run love it :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.