Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on February 10, 2017
This is actually the second time I have purchased this DVD, which has won numerous top documentary and audience awards. I gave my first copy to a friend, and I wanted to watch it again.

This stranger-than-fiction story shows how powerful and healing creativity can be if we let it flow through us--how it can manifest itself in infinite ways.

There is magic in essence.

This story shows that one is never too old, too lost, or too broken to find themselves and create a whole new life.

This is worth buying just to see Mark's expression as he is showing us Deja Thoris's time machine. That beauty and passion in that look of love just gets me every time. Hats off to Hogancamp!!! Thank you for sharing your most precious and most personal with us!!!
on January 24, 2016
I watched this years ago on IFC or Sundance Chanel and it left a huge impression on me and I knew I'd buy it one day if I ever saw it. I had to own it. So now I got it and watched it again and it's just as good as I remembered it. I recommend and let borrow this movie to anyone I know on the condition they don't watch any trailers for or read about it before. I understand that's hard to do now. And why would you watch something without knowing anything about it beforehand? I understand. But it is totally worth it for Marwencol. I sat down to watch it a few years ago without knowing a single thing about it, the story unraveling, every bit of information and frame brand new, and I'm so glad I did. I think it'd be really hard not to be affected by Marwencol. Beautiful pictures. Interesting story that really sinks into you. Enjoyable because it's such a great documentary outside the fact the circumstances it documents can be pretty sad.
on May 2, 2014
We have watched this dozens of times and introduced many friends to it. Marwencol is an intensely personal and engaging story. The filmmakers manage to engage the viewer on a visceral level, bringing us into the center of the story without losing any sense of the subject, his life, and his art.
on December 4, 2016
An incredible story; my world is richer for having entered Mark's.
The documentary is well-made; I wish there was a part II.
on July 18, 2016
Extremely interesting story and great documentary. My 15 year old son loves this movie and has made all of his friends watch the movie. They all love it.
on October 5, 2013
One of the better documentaries I've seen in recent years. You really feel for this guy as he navigates his life after a savage beating and tries to find solace from old demons and a way to channel the anger that threatens to destroy him. The way his imagination manifests itself through the careful posing of store-bought dolls is fascinating to watch.
on September 19, 2014
This is an excellent film. It shows us how life can change in one short moment. To some a brain injury may be a negative, however in this circumstance it has become a wonderful positive. I believe this is a film that everyone should watch.
on January 12, 2017
Mind blowing life. I loved this movie.
on December 22, 2016
Amazing and beautiful documentary.
on July 25, 2015
Amazing story of a damaged fellow, oozing with artistic talent. Fascinating details and photography. Mark Hogancamp is an incredible survivor.