Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 12, 2017
I absolutely loved this story. The characters are all true to Austen's original version in the beginning. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the subtle changes and growth in them. The moment they realize that what they had believed as fact is proved to be fiction. Wonderful story. I do hope she will write Carolina's story soon.
on July 10, 2017
It was nice to read a tale about Mary that took what we knew of her from Austin and gave us a reason to like her.
on July 8, 2017
What a wonderful story! I thoroughly enjoyed it and will look for what I hope will be more Austen-inspired novels by this author.
on July 8, 2017
This story was an interesting take on Mary Bennet & Caroline Bingly, after the events in Pride and Prejudice. It is a nice enjoyable read.
on July 4, 2017
Great look at a Mary I really like. She really grows into her own in this one. Liked the Captain as well even if Caroline's brother.
on July 3, 2017
I like the books that feature the other Bennet ladies besides Jane and Elizabeth. Especially Mary. She's the most Silent figure in the original story of p and p.
on June 29, 2017
I loved this fun story about Mary Bennet and really enjoyed the characterizations. It could use one final editing; there are a few typos and misused homonyms. Otherwise, a great read!
on June 21, 2017
Nice to see Caroline less nasty and have Mary's talents a little more recognized. A dashing younger Bingley son doesn't hurt either.
on June 21, 2017
even though Elizabeth and Darcy never make an appearance in this particular novel it doesn't matter at all it's a great stand-alone. I highly recommend this to any fan of Jane Austen fanfiction it's one of the better ones out there
on June 20, 2017
I really enjoyed reading Mary and Robert's journey towards love. Especially when you account how Robert felt in the beginning of the book. He took for granted that outside beauty meant the person is the same on the inside. It took someone like Mary whose beauty is beyond skin deep for him to truly realize what was in his heart.

It was an interesting parallel that Robert and Caroline both travelled on similar paths and their feelings for another person, helped them see beyond the superficialities. This parallel added depth to the book because it is hard to like Caroline and her own journey helped me sympathize with her character. The author made her a likable character in a realistic matter and yet she was still Caroline, just her experiences made her grow as a person and that was what was truly likable about her. Mary is a character that can be hard to like, like Caroline and again the author made her likable and not so priggish, yet stayed true to how I thought her to be.

Overall I loved the book, but am disappointed it is over because I wanted to have a conclusion for the other characters. I loved Kitty's characterization and would love to see her story. I want to know what happens to Daniel and if Caroline rose to Mr. Penrose's challenge.

I would definitely recommend reading this book to others, it was easy to get lost in their world.