Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on June 6, 2017
This mascara is relatively easy to apply and doesn't make lashes feel brittle. The brush doesn't sop up too much product, but you don't have to apply several layers. It dries slowly enough to add more coats and still separates lashes with minimal clumping. The bristles are short and rigid and taper at the end for better application near the corners. It smudges a bit from squinting after a few minutes in the sun, but not much different than any other mascara. I chose 5 stars because although I had to return it due to an allergy it seems to be a good product.

Pinpointing new allergens can be exhausting and time-consuming, so I hope my experience can be helpful. I recently developed an allergy to an elusive ingredient in mascaras and some lip products. Cover Girl, Almay, and Pacifica caused my eyelids swell enormously, turn red, itch for a few days, then a thin layer of skin would begin flaking off and all of my lashes fell out. Some lip products (including my beloved Burt's Bees products) made the edge around my lips turns red, itch, weep slightly, crack, and then thin layers of skin began to peel. It wasn't until the mascara mishap that I realized my lips were reacting to an allergen in my lip care and not just suddenly unquenchable. Usually I notice the earliest signs of catastrophe about 6 hours after initial application and it continues to worsen exponentially over the next 24 hours. After a brief consultation with Dr. Google, I decided I was allergic to beeswax. Less than 2 days later I gleefully tore into that little brown package and slathered on the Zuzu! 24 hours in I was waving my victory flag as I washed my new beeswax-free mascara off my fine lookin' face before bed. I awoke to total destruction. The merciless enemy attacked under the cover of darkness. Back to the drawing board. I gathered a hefty sampling of my beauty products and drew bubble diagrams. Lots of them. Learned new words. Lots of them. And WA-LAH! "Colophony" AKA plant sap gives me contact dermatitis. It's a sensitizer and you can suddenly have a reaction. You can even have reactions ONLY on the eyelids. I think it's probably in the cellulose gum in this product, which might explain why my cranky little antibodies took so long to show up. Could be the plant extracts...slim chance it's the sorbitol. Thanks for reading! I'd appreciate any additional tips/info :)
on April 13, 2013
I have this and just recently bought some for my mother. Seldom do I wear mascara, but when I do this is the only kind I have or wear. That being said, I've had my first tube for going on three years, I think.

It goes on easily, lasts well and looks gorgeous in a natural way. If you're looking for high drama eyes, this probably won't work for you. If you just want to look like a more glamorous naturally radiant version of yourself, this'll do it!

I doubt I'll ever buy a different mascara or brand of mascara, unless they stop making this!
on November 19, 2016
I really do like this mascara one big plus is that it doesn't make me red or itchy. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge. It is easy to take off and won't pull at the lashes. The only con for me is that it flakes a little by end of day but it might be due to me wearing glasses. But I'd rather it flake a little than have it smudge so its a winner for me.

Although I haven't used it in hot weather yet so I will see how it works in different weather.
on April 19, 2013
I have Celiac Disease so I try to stay away from gluten topically in addition to dietary. In addition, this mascara works great, doesn't clump and makes my lashes look full and long.
on September 5, 2016
I am very sensitive to eye makeup, especially mascara. I've had a very tough time finding mascara that doesn't irritate my eyes and make them swollen. This is great mascara! The best I've found (and I've tried a lot)!
on February 19, 2015
I've been looking for a cruelty free and vegan mascara ever since Tarte sold out to an animal testing company (still pissed about that one). I have only used it a couple times but with only one coat I get a lot of length and fullness! I really like it. I am not a person who likes to wear false eyelashes. So if I can find a mascara that lengthens nicely it's a win in my book!
on April 22, 2014
Really good mascara. Does crumble/flake some at the end of a long day but less than many drug store brands. Started using this after having irritation from all others. I tried and tossed Cover Girl, Loreal, Merle Norman, Clinique, and Maybelline. Was first try for organic. Washes off very easily. Maybe too easily. Would like a little water resistant. No prob with contacts. Doesn't smear or clump. Darkens lashes well but doesn't make lashes look thicker or more defined. I'll keep using.
on February 16, 2011
I love how light this feels on! I forget its on! And I really appreciate how its not made with beeswax as I am allergic. It is very difficult to find mascara without either beeswax or cera alba (synthetic beeswax).
on January 18, 2013
I ordered this product on yet another quest for great, cruelty-free mascara and I am so glad I did. It goes on smoothly and does not clump, even with layering. It does not get all over my eyelids, and the marks that do go astray come off easily with a dampened cotton swab. This mascara does not go on heavy and dark for that "wow" factor, but I do not mind. If I want a more lashy look I put another layer on and add some dark, smokey liner. For a natural look, I use one, quick layer and am ready to go. Very happy with ZuZu and thrilled that no animals were harmed in the making of my eye lashes.
on July 1, 2015
I have been trying a few different "natural" mascaras and like this one the best. It is more expensive than some but holds up well. My lashes look nice and full and I have no flaking throughout the day. It easily washes off at night. I have worn it next to ecco bella and really couldn't tell the difference by looks. It is definitely worth a try.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question