- File Size: 1255 KB
- Print Length: 73 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: E.L. Publishing; 1 edition (October 16, 2014)
- Publication Date: October 16, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00OMCF692
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#740,086 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1120 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
- #8865 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- #9511 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Gay Fiction
Masked Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Overall I enjoyed the story. I liked the BDSM theme and I liked that the characters seemed realistic in their behaviors. I felt the story was rushed but I've come to understand that that's the price you pay when you invest in a book with very few chapters. So keeping that in mind, if that's the type of read you like, I think the story tied everything up nicely.
Considering the books length and how quickly everything wrapped up, the only thing that kept me from offering a 5 star review was the dialogue. I'm a big stickler for good dialogue and while I enjoyed the authors narrative style, I didn't enjoy as much the character dialogue. It's something I see often, and I'm a writer myself, often times in an attempt to make the Dom sound more dominant and authoritative his grammar will be too formal with very little use of contractions which can come across as stilted. I personally feel that you can use relaxed English, such as, "I'll untie you when it pleases me" instead of, "I will untie you when it pleases me" to make the dialogue flow better and sound more natural and it still comes across just as authoritative.
At times I was jarred from the story because the language in the dialogue didn't flow naturally to me. It just didn't sound the way people talk in real life. Everyone doesn't speak perfect formal English all the time, especially in private moments where people tend to be more relaxed. That turns characters into cardboard cut-outs instead of characters with depth.
So overall, I think the writer did a good job and I'd recommend it if you like a short read.The sex scenes were decently hot. I did think it was a bit unrealistic in one of the scenes in terms of how hard the Dom pushed a first time sub on just their second session but I was able to forgive that because of how they interacted overall.
What makes it this great is the realism of the interaction. I never understood the hype over Fifty Shades as I never managed to read through the first book, but Jeff and Alan show what the world of BDSM truly is like.
And damn, I love them!
IMO, this read more like someone who did some research on the BDSM world, picked out what sounded hot, and threw it into a story. It didn't even fit with Jeff's character. Nevertheless, I still liked the story and both of the MCs.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors