- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 3 hours and 35 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Abridged
- Publisher: Knitting Out Loud
- Audible.com Release Date: October 9, 2009
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002SCDK28
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Stories from the Nation's Leading Bi-regional Knitting Blog Audible – Abridged
|New from||Used from|
This title is not available for you.
Sorry, this title is no longer available. Please try using the search feature as another version of this work may be available. If you think we've made a mistake, please contact Audible Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- A light and airy cardigan knitted with 2 skeins of Kidsilk Haze that is a very attractive coverup for a cardigan, a camisole or a party item. They say about it, "We have to keep samples of this under lock and key. Everyone who sees it wants it." This is sized from XS - XXL
- A very nice geometric shawl, called "Belinda" that when layered one on top of another gives a plaid effect. You can wear one at a time too.
- A gorgeous Coat in a stitch that gives a tweedy effect with a decorative pattern on the collar and sleeves. This is knit in Lamb's Pride Bulky and is sized from S - XXL.
- A classic coat done in a ribbed design, sized from S - XL.
- A leafy patterned, lined handbag knit from hemp.
- A beautiful, velvety scarf, with petal-like edges.
- The "daily sweater", a top down sweater that is a classy alternative to a sweatshirt. This is sized from XS - XXL.
- Several cabled sock patterns (I don't do socks)
- A sweater with a message, sized from XS - XL. This is a very elegant design, almost edwardian.
- Two very nice fair isle shawls
- A _BEAUTIFUL_ rug, knitted with Lamb's Pride Bulky. It is a geometric pattern, knitted in the round and then felted and steeked after you finish. It measures about 34" x 60" after you finish. This is on my short list to knit.
- A great denim sweater for children (sizes 4-6 thru 12-14). It is a mock wrap-around style. I only wish it came in adult sizes.Read more ›
There are five chapters:
1. Decorating Yourself - fabulous patterns to wear including coats, sweaters, socks, scarves, and a purse
2. The Fairest Isle of All - Inspiration to try fair isle knitting with great patterns
3. Covering the Small Human - Obviously patterns for children
4. Occasional Knitting - Patterns include Christmas stockings to lanterns. Many different items to knit!
5. The Sophisticated Kitchen - The ballband dishcloth is back in a new form! Also other patterns like kitchen gloves . towels and potholders
I'll be reading this book and pouring over the many delightful patterns for quite a while. I'm motivated to go out today and start a new project!
If you are a previous Mason-Dixon fan, this book will live up to your expectations.
Ann and Kay have a way of making you feel like you're in your pajamas sitting next to them in their pajamas on the third floor of a creaky white-washed house by the seashore knitting in the wee hours after all the boring people have gone to bed, and in between sips of cocoa, you're laughing, learning, and happy as a child. They weave charm, humor, and comaraderie with wisdom and technical insights like no one else.
There are some designs in this lovely book that I predict will become legendary: The Mystery Sweater, which in itself is a stunning design, given in sizes from small to extra large, which I think would flatter anyone. The knitter chooses words to write around the bodice using chain stitch, for an effect that has literary value, yes, but which is also absolutely enticing to the eye, since the words are worked in the same color as the background, making them subtle and mysteriously decorative, yet fully readable. I'll bet this sweater will be worked in many different languages, by mathematicians writing favorite formulas, on and on - I can't wait to check it on Ravelry in about a year to see the thousands of variations. I wish I had time right now to start one myself.
There's a new dishcloth pattern which also made me want to stop everything and knit dishcloths . . .Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderful book, great patterns. These ladies have great ideas but don't take themselves or their patterns too seriously. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kindle Customer
Book was good quality and delivery was fine. I LOVED Kay Gardiner's Mason Knitting Line which was a different book. This one I HATED. Read morePublished 13 months ago by goldncoyne
Great book for just reading or using the patterns. Instructions for the patterns are very clear and easy to follow.Published on April 13, 2014 by Farrell Hobbs
Ihave seen references to this book for many years and was happy to see the used copy available. arrived in excellent condition and I read it from cover to cover.Published on April 12, 2014 by E. Zuckerman
I love this book. I received their second book as a Christmas present and within a week, was ordering this one because I loved that one so much. Read morePublished on March 25, 2014 by DenaVT
more of a narrative knitting book, nice as a change of pace from direction and pictures. Recipient of gift was happy with it.Published on March 6, 2014 by Heather Gladney