- File Size: 1055 KB
- Print Length: 183 pages
- Publication Date: February 8, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BDM1F5I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #965,251 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This well written book is the first in a new series and I intend to read them as Graham writes them.
This is an British import so you may wish to read the reviews on Amazon.co.uk
Mason who is the main focus is a brilliant character, with just the right amount of sarcasm to keep you laughing and his friends provide a wonderful accompaniment which just makes the whole book work. Each character continued to surprise me and I want to get to know them even more and it was exciting and fun to read how each one of them reacted as they discovered new talents.
There is some great action packed chapters as the story reaches its climax but I can't describe my favourite part or character without revealing some serious spoilers. The birthday party scene was fantastic, I don't think any of the guests will forget what happened in a hurry and I don't care what anybody else says, but I really love Hunter. He is such an amazing bully and at times I found myself cheering for the wrong guy instead of the hero.
Hearing about passed and forgotten events (the feud especially) provided a rich and deep history, which help you completely immerse yourself in this strange little town where urban legends may actually be fact and there are some very clever clues contained within so be on the lookout.
This is one book you are truly sad after you have read the last page. You just want it to continue.
This is a new teen series for a new generation and Mason McQueen and the gargoyle's curse (book 1) has done an amazing job of setting the scene for what could be the beginning of something quite special. Every chapter of the book seems to spur you on to read the next, revealing only a snippet of information at a time that nagged at my curiosity and kept me guessing as I switched between different theories I had concocted. Normally I find it difficult to warm to new characters but after reading a third of the book I quickly grew to like Mason, Blaine and Chloe and found myself really wishing someone would teach egotistical Hunter a good lesson in humility.
Unknown outcomes now plague certain characters and only at the end do we find out we have merely scratched the surface of a far bigger problems to come. I look forward to discovering what will happen next and encourage all fans of fantasy to give this book a read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery