About the Product
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Exclusive physical and digital Collector's Edition bonus items
- Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
- Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, but can also be played as a standalone game
- Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team. Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork. Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork. A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else! N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol. Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy. Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members. N7 Hoodie - For Commander Shepard's casual days on board the Normandy. Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack. Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars,
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action and more.
Along with the game, the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition contains a wealth of exclusive bonus items. See the complete list below.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition for PlayStation 3 Contents
- Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard
- 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team
- Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork
- Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch
- Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork
- A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else
- N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol
- Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy
- Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members
- N7 Hoodie - For Commander Shepard's casual days on board the Normandy
- Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack
- A collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
A customizable arsenal.
A rich branching storyline.
Multiple play options.
Top Customer Reviews
99% of the negative reviews center around 2 minutes of the game. And if you don't play through every ending, you won't even realize you were supposed to be disappointed. I got the collector's edition, and sat down and played straight through the game. When I finished it, I didn't even realize people didn't like the ending until I got online.
Here's the bottom line though.
The entire game was completely amazing from beginning to (arguably) the last 2 minutes of cut-scenes. Whether you like or don't like the cutscenes, this game was the ultimate Mass Effect game. As I was playing through it, my excitement was just constantly rising. It had more "crowning moments of awesome" than the rest of the series combined. It had more heart breaking moments, more touching moments, just more emotion, than the rest of the series combined.
People say they didn't like the ending, but you have to consider that the entirety of ME3 was the climax. The -entire- game was resolutions to choices you had made throughout the series. Things happen in this game that you set into motion in ME1.Read more ›
There have been multiple YouTube posts where people complained about the way the game ended. Truly, you can't please all the people all of the time. I had a few burning questions as well, but when you consider the adrenaline rush, roller coaster ride that was the path to the end, the amazing graphics, great characters, and excellent (for the most part) writing and planning, this installment did not disappoint.
If, and this is a big 'if', you transfer your character from ME1 and ME2 into ME3, the experience is SO MUCH RICHER. If you don't, it's a pale shade of what it could have been, but still playable. As with any port from a console game, there are issues, but this chapter was relatively free of them.
The crowning glory of this game, however, is the addition of the online battles, where you can build your own character and play co-op with three others against progressively more difficult enemies. Loads of fun. This edition also has some cool extras; if you're a collector of memorabilia, it is worth the extra coin to have them.
I've played the game twice as both a Vanguard and an Engineer. There's nothing more fun than using a Vanguard's Biotic Charge. Or using a Cryo combo to shatter some hapless Cerberus troops. The mini-games have more of impact on the main quest this time, and they aren't as tedious as mining planets in Mass Effect 2. There are no vehicular missions, which might disappoint those who enjoyed driving the Mako in Mass Effect.
One of this series greatest strengths has been its incredibly strong writing. I was disappointed when former lead writer Drew Karpyshyn announced that he was leaving Bioware. But the characters are as well-written as ever, and it has an epic scope and many memorable moments that make it more fun than most big budget movies. Overall the voice acting is excellent. Mark Meers and Jennifer Hale are both outstanding as the male and female Commander Shepard. Brandon Keener (Garrus) and Ali Hillis (Liara) also deserve a mention. It's their terrific voice acting that is part of what makes these characters so memorable and so loved.
I was disappointed to hear that composer Jack Wall would not be returning to write the music for Mass Effect 3. However, Clint Mansell and the other composers do an provide a very different musical approach to the Mass Effect 3 universe. The game does reuse music from the first two games, but I found it pleasantly nostalgic rather than annoying.
Now onto the negatives. The most frustrating issue with the game are the Citadel quests. They've done away with the incredibly annoying fetch quests from the first game.Read more ›
Game itself isn't as good as the first two, the last 10min of the ending is awful. Doesn't stick with lore from its origins (ME1)
Other than that, a good ride.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It actually was the collectors edition with every extra! Unfortunately, the game was already registered. As an experienced gamer I should have known better. Read morePublished 4 months ago by thomas gilmore
Game is ridiculously fun! Be sure to start your character from Mass Effect 1 (yes, the decision you make carry over form the first game).Published 14 months ago by William
Mass Effect is one of my favorite game series, and the finale wasn't a let down. Even the DLC was good. An awesome end to Shepard's story.Published 15 months ago by Lauren S.
Great game, disappointing and confusing conclusion. The collector's items are pretty cool but nothing incredibly special.Published 19 months ago by Logan W.
Redeemable on Origin. Collectors Edition includes some very cool book with some great illustrations. Also includes some online content I can't comment on until I play the game. Read morePublished 22 months ago by HOLOBAND
Excellent Transaction - Super Fast Delivery - Product as described - Highly Recommend - A+++Published 22 months ago by Gary Mundy
I'm still playing it but as a fan of the first two I can tell how they improve so much game after game. I can't believe how fluid (controls, graphics, conversations, animations.. Read morePublished on April 12, 2014 by Ronnie
JEST STARTED IT.. SO FAR IT FUN GAME. . .I WILL TELL YOU MORE AS I GET IN TO ITPublished on March 22, 2014 by ROGER L ARMSTRONG
The game is just watch I needed for those days of stress. Graphics needs improvement, but overall is a good game.Published on March 20, 2014 by Julio