+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
- Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, but can also be played as a standalone game
- Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action and more.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
A customizable arsenal.
A rich branching storyline.
Multiple play options.
Top Customer Reviews
On one hand, the game is great! In less than 3 days, I have completed the entire game it with about 95% completion of all side missions, etc. (excluding dlc), which is saying something because it is not a short game!
1. I love the mass effect universe, and this game delivers on what the previous games did, if a bit less original (see cons)
2. The game is genuinely fun to play, I find myself sucked into it, and when I look up, it's already 4:30 am.
3. The graphics are alright, they are not the best, and you are very limited in how you tweak them, but they are not bad.
4. They do a fairly decent job at tying into the previous games (see cons)
Given that, I would say it is a 5 star game, however there are some things that they did not do well
1. Parts of this game just felt out of place, unlike in the previous games when the dialogue felt natural, in parts of this game it just does not seem like something Sheppard would say, there are many instances of other characters acting out of their typical styles as well, it just bothered me because it felt artificial.
1b. Also included in this is that the game in general does not seem to contain the same amount of effort on the developers part as the first two did, it feels a bit rushed, with a clunky cover system (again) and some interesting difficulty fluctuations. It just feels more linear than the previous mass effect games.
2. Importing my character was a nightmare, I had 3 different profiles and only one got recognized, and that was after about an hour of messing around with it.
3.Read more ›
The gameplay for ME3 is very tight, all the classes have been fun to play and this is one aspect of the series that has steadily improved over time. The multiplayer modes take full advantage of this, and as I have little desire to replay the single player campaign (a first for this franchise, spoilers below) the multiplayer has been a more consistent draw for me. ME3 also takes you all over the galaxy and lets Shepard get directly involved in many of the conflicts that have defined the other galactic races for centuries. Many of these smaller arcs are incredibly well written, and for fans of the second game two moments in ME3 had me tearing up (which has never happened from a game).
Mass Effect 3 promised to bring all those pieces together that players spent the first two games coming in contact with into one last epic battle against an unknowable alien force known as the reapers. Throughout the first 98% of the game, Bioware did an excellent job of bringing everything together and letting Shepard have a direct hand in deciding the shape of the galaxy as he rallied species everywhere to repel the Reaper invasion united as one.....
....SPOILERS............SPOILERS.....Read more ›
Right up until the end I would have easily given this game five stars. I was playing with a great big grin on my face right up until the end. The ending totally ruined it for me though. I don't even want to play it again to finish my other Shepards stories because what's the point?
Here is what I loved:
The story was great until the last 5 minutes. There were times when choices you made led to bitter-sweet conclusions but they made sense in the context of the story. And yeah there were a lot of things that happened that made me cry but again they fit into the bigger picture and made sense. Bioware did a terrific job of showing you the despair people felt but also showing you the hope they felt. It was inspiring to watch people so willing to sacrifice everything for their families and their homes.
The interaction between Sheperd and her squadmates and the squadmates and each other was superb, one of the best things about the game. There were scenes that I watched over and over again because they were just amazing.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this franchise with a burning passion it's great game a great play you enjoy it.Published 21 days ago by Amazon Customer
I got home today super excited to play ME3. I pulled out the box and said "okay, maybe like an hour to install then time to go shoot some aliens". Nope. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ryan
Mediocre Game but still interesting. Lot of places to explore but tedious at times.Published 2 months ago by Urick Estep
Yes, Mass Effect 1 was amazing and Mass Effect 2 was reasonably good. Just stop there and pretend they never made a sequel. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Daniel McLaury
*Skips past the ending fiasco*
I love the Mass Effect Series. I played completionist through the entire series twice.
Combat is great. Story is great. Read more
Was never able to finish this episode. I loved the two games... just had major issues with the mechanics of this one. Never even made it to the much maligned ending.Published 3 months ago by Boudewijn Rombouts
This series is an epic series to say the least. While the ending of the third game leaves much to be desired, it is still quite worthy of a 5 star in my book. Read morePublished 4 months ago by J. England