Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $4.98. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
- Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games and supports optional use of the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
- Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.This item does not come with a gun or controller accessory.
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action, compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 and more.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
- Play with Kinect - Mass Effect 3 features compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
A customizable arsenal.
A rich branching storyline.
Multiple play options.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Why do I give it 4 stars if the ending was so bad?
Most of the rest of the game was decent. I enjoyed the majority of the side missions. The planet scanning thing was much less painful than its predecessors. The music was still lovely. There's much to like about this game.
Conclusion: If you loved the first two, see the story to the end.
1) The story is just terrible. I won't go further into detail as to why, I'll just say after 2 games of setting this all up, you'll find yourself disappointed with the outcome. All those important decisions you made in the last 2 games become nothing more than a number in my next fault.
2) There's this thing called galactic readiness. It's a number. The whole point of the game is to just get the number as high as you can. The only way to get it high is by performing some incredibly boring tasks. Including...
3) Multi-player. Which is just a boring, repetitive horde mode. I'd say it would be a great new addition to the game, but if you want to complete single player with any sort of positive outcome, you have to play multilayer. A lot. Because of another number. A percentage. It's the percent of the first number you try to get that you actually get. The only way to raise it, is to play multi-player. And it's impossible to get that number high enough without multi-player.
4) This goes back to story kind of, but the biggest flaw is that you really only get half of the single player. Everything in the games story is bare bones A lot of it is included in about $50 of DLC. Like so much of the story is wrapped up in it, characters even reference events that happen in the main game. If you're going to sell me something, sell me the whole thing. Not part of it, then all the other parts separately.
the ending was awesome too. Except you need to be a lover of philosophy to truly "get it", and yes I got it! lol I think the people who got upset had no idea what they where looking at so they immediately got upset. But even if your not into games that make you think the action definitely makes up for it.
I don't know but the center of the #2 games disc cracked. Is it me or has this happened to anyone else? I am wondering if the disc was cheaply made. Or maybe I roughed it up taking it our of the case. I do love playing this game and the others.