Other Sellers on Amazon
Mass Effect Andromeda - Xbox One
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$0.88 (9%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy. Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity's new home
- Battle like never before. New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
- With amazing weapons, powers and tech, and much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree-you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way. There, players will lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory as the Pathfinder-a leader of military-trained explorers. This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and player choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The repetition is awful--as in MMO awful. You do the same thing over and over on each planet without much change from one to the next.
2) None of your choices have far-reaching consequence. Or any consequence. At worst you'll get a snarky email and that's the last you hear of it.
3) The characters are awful. Each one has a single gimmick and no other facet to their personality. I stopped talking to Cora altogether just so I didn't have to hear about the Asari Commandos for the 385432467 time, and Vetra's concern for her sister was borderline obsessive. Even Ryder has 1 of 4 personalities that you can broadcast, and they never change.
4) Almost all weapon and armor progress is gated by Research Points, of which there are never enough--especially if you want Milky Way weapons (which everybody does because they're the best and have 3x the catalog of the Heleus/ Remnant sects). You can't test the weapons unless you buy or find one either, so you don't know what you're investing your points into until it's too late.
As a whole, the game isn't bad per se. But it's missing most of what made the Mass Effect trilogy good. This title felt like a long grind riddled with random sudokus and stale dialogue.
Only about 10 hours in the game right now but can't put down the controller. The side stories are great and there's a lot of content in this game to keep you busy. I purchased this game on the $20 sale and it's worth it.
***Graphics: They don't even come close to ME 3. ME Andromeda (ME-A) looks Cartoonish / Puppetry at best They should've stuck with the ME3 graphics which far exceeds ME-A. The Gun fire sounds and weapon use was weak and needed refinement,
***Game Controls: The Game controls felt awkward compared to ME 3. They were simple but just had a strange setup. More on the level of ME 2 graphics if that at all.
****Story Line: It was "Ok" at best but needed more refinement. It was never entirely clear why they sought out a new home away from Earth. As we have left off in ME 3, mankind found solutions to major issues on Earth at the ending. What happened to change that? Over population? A major disaster dooming Earth? This gets a Poor mark.
****Game Play: The game format can be frustrating. It's of a free roaming style where as ME 3 was somewhat more restricted but far better structured.
****Over Rating: 2 Stars at most. I was expecting far better graphics than ME 3 and Game Play. The relation back to ME 3 during character setup was a joke and was never felt during game play. Experiment over, this game doesn't deserve space on my Xbox One and will be canned, Unfortunately the poor reviews were deserved for this "Rushed" game or poorly resourced game.