Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 5, 2012
Download was easy for me, but then I always keep my software up to date, so YMMV. Only real pain is the the process of DLC content and weapons through Bioware's own website that is not the best. Does this in ANY way reflect on gameplay? I've already forgotten about it. This game is the best in the series bar none for sheer story power, still great looking visuals (as of 2012) without the need for an obscenely high end machine, and a streamlined interface vs ME1 that mostly makes the game far more enjoyable. Part of me misses the ME1 inventory, but not so much that I care. Combat is faster, and far more intense. The music is up there with the best you will find, hands down. The characters inspire actual feelings from you and if your bad choices get them killed (it can and will happen if you don't make the right calls) you should and will likely feel bad about it. Old friends are back, new characters are revealed; particularly some who will play prominently in the final chapter. A great many more details will come to light on the enemy you face and what is to come. I won't say any more than you will not be disappointed. I picked this one up on sale, but it's a great deal at about any price you find it for.
on June 21, 2013
Mass Effect 1(ME1) is great. Mass Effect 2(ME2) picks up the story and takes you on a thrilling adventure following our same hero as last time, Commander Shepard. If you have played ME1 you will be able to import a finished ME 1 save game straight into ME2, your well-known Shepard is freshly molded and is a familiar face.

The depth of this interesting plot is amazing and expands on the thoughts and visions of the BioWare team behind the franchise. You, the player are in full control of Commander Shepards actions during the plot and in theory all endings are different according to what choices were made in ME1 and during ME2.

If you enjoyed ME1 I'd say go for it. I, myself ended up loving ME2 even more than I loved ME1, to me, this is the best game of the trilogy. Followed by ME1. I'd recommend you pick up all three games and play them they way they are meant to be played.

If you enjoy science fiction and great role-playing games, this may be a nice addition to your game library. If you think the third person shooter aspect of these games is of any sorts of importance, you'd be half wrong, half right.. There are many levels of difficulty. Are you here for the breathtaking story? Leave it on casual and quickly play through missions and enjoy all the great and sometimes humorous cut-scenes. Or take it all the way to insanity and replay the missions a millions times before completion is achieved. Or put it somewhere between to find just what suits your needs of this game. Great story and a fairly advanced combat system makes for a great cocktail served just as you wish.

To returning players having played ME1, I'd say the most notable difference in ME2 is the addition of so called thermal clips for your weapons. These act like ammo in any other game and has removed the overload system from ME1, this isn't a big issue tho, if you ask me. They are scattered around on the missions so you shouldn't run out of rounds at.. Any point really.

So it is up to you, to once again save the galaxy, this time from an even greater evil. The choice is yours, Commander.
on June 20, 2013
Mass effect 2 could be a good game but compared to the 1st one its limited. First of all they introduce ammo which one of the best things about the first game was not worrying about ammo, only your heat meter. You shouldn't have to worry about running out since its just about everywhere but its something I wish they didn't add.

My main problem with this game is you don't have as many choices, in the first one you could talk to your crew in the levels but in this one you cant do that, this game doesn't feel like it has as much going on and I think the mission style story hurts that aspect as its basically do this, good, now do this, and doesn't feel like you have the freedom of the first game.

At the low price its at I would say it is worth it and for more choices in mass effect 3 I think you do have to play it although I just don't think its as good as the other 2 in the series.
on April 7, 2012
I downloaded this game when it was $8.99 for the digital deluxe edition and it worked fine. What a fantastic game it was! Also the pricing was so good for such a game, I went and bought all the DLC because I knew I got such a great value.

First time users might have a little issue with downloading and installing the game. It took me a little time it is easy to overcome. If you are having trouble, make sure you read the "readme" file. Remember that after you download the game files the "setup" is the actual game installer.

I highly recommend this for people who haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet. Its only $8.99 for the digital deluxe version and only $5.99 for the standard version right now! (not sure if this offer is permanent). That's cheaper than most lunches at a diner!
on April 30, 2012
This one of the most popular space related RPG's on the market with an epic story being told while you play, from the intro of the game, your instantly glued to your seat, you have to play it through.

I got lucky with the collectors edition being on sale for one week under $9 (finally got the better of EA), I was hoping for an ultimate edition or game of the year, but this will do nicely.

Watching and waiting for Amazon to pull another fast one with ME3 Collectors Edition.

I highly recommend buying this game, the story is immersive, characters are enjoyable, your choices will effect the outcome of certain characters and some of the third game. Don't just jump straight to the third game, you wouldn't just read the last third of a book.
on November 23, 2013
Do explain why you liked or disliked this product.
Do compare to similar products and share how long you've used this product.
Do identify specific attributes (e.g. comfort & fit of a shirt or the battery life of a camera) and whether they met your expectations.
Don't describe your seller or shipping experience (you can do that at amazon.com/feedback).
Don't include promotional content of any kind or reviews written in exchange for compensation.
on August 7, 2012
This product is worth the buy if you do not care for special features coming with the actual collectors edition. With the DLC out now, I am not sure why they don't have a collection edition to include all DLC. Overall this game is the best of the trilogy. As a Bioware game, you care about each of the characters and react to each of the events as if they were real people. The story is compelling and the game-play is simple and easy to get use to. Ramp up the difficulty for a gamer enjoyment.
on April 9, 2012
Fantastic game! The download was simple, and install was easy. Note that bonus content is installed through a separate website. Graphics are excellent, and gameplay is superb. I highly recommend this game, especially with the current price discounts, and the ability to include some character info in the recently-released Mass Effect 3 pc game.
on December 29, 2011
The visuals have been improved there is no doubt about that. Now the complexity around the armor and weapons has been removed. This game has now become much more of a First Person Shooter (FPS) than before. Personally I like the shift, I know of several ME1 fans that are... disturbed by this change.

Overall I am impressed with the game and I would recommend it to any FPS player out there.
on October 3, 2014
Excellent everything! Story, graphics, characters. Everything you have come to crave and exspect from Mass Effect is here and waiting. Best of all you can stay in your PJs. You can download it straight to your computer. Hedonism at its finest!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.