Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2016
Is an exellent game trilogy! It is a super fun scify game that really let me immerse myself into the game. It has great characters and has plenty of missions and side quests. It lets you choose how the game turns out and really has consequences to the choices you make in the game. The game does not have all the DLC but it does come with the Cerberus Network, Bring Down the Sky, and Pinnacle Station. If you want all the DLC you wont get it from this trilogy set. But if you don't really care about the DLC it's worth the price, especially if you are new to the mass effect unniverse.
on December 26, 2014
First of all, I can't really base this review on all 3 games, since I just recently finished the first and I am about 10 hours into the 2nd.

But, I purchased this trilogy here on Amazon for $14 and only based on the first game, it deserves 5 stars.

As an avid RPG gaming fan, my friends have been trying to get me to play this series for years now, and I held off. I was just too busy playing other games like the Gothic series, Two Worlds, Fallout 3 and NV, Skyrim, and others.

I am sort of happy that I waited and was able to purchase this trilogy for so cheap.

Ok, about the review, based only on the first game and a few hours of the second.

Mass Effect 1 is a classic, one of the best games I have ever played. I put about 45 hours into the game. The story is probably the best game based story I have ever seen. The game was released in 2007 and the graphics, while dated, are very well done. The real issue is that it doesn't support HD, the highest res you can get is 1280x1080, but the graphics are so well done, you will still enjoy the visuals. Great sci-fi type environments.

The story and game play will just draw you in and keep you playing, although the game is not very intuitive and the controls have a little bit of a steep learning curve. I was probably half way through the game before I had learned everything I needed to know to get the max out of the game.

The combat is good and even though it starts out slow and you think the game is too easy, take care, it gets tough and you will need good strategy and quick thinking to win the tougher battles that you will face.

My biggest criticism of the game is that the inventory system is cumbersome and annoying. I wish I could say that this gets better in the 2nd game, but it is in fact, worse. A lot worse.

The 2nd game so far, great story again, even better maybe. Combat is equally fun and strategic, but the inventory system is terrible. Graphics are better, but I think it's mostly because of the higher res (1920x1080). Also it seems as if they skipped a little concentration about the game play to focus on flashy shiny things that are actually more useless or annoying than an upgrade to the game.
on December 4, 2016
does not include all DLC so it's disappointing
4 helpful votes
on October 13, 2015
If your a PC gamer you expect no compromises, so I will keep this simple and list the pros and cons below.

Pros:
Story 5/5 - No role is really forced and the decisions you make in this trilogy actually affect the game to a great extent (not many games REALLY do that, allowing you to be an actual bad guy or decide who lives while others die)
Graphics 4/5 (for the time of development, other than the depth of field developers THINK is a good idea, the rest of the games looked pretty good)
Playing a trilogy? 5/5 The choices you make span the trilogy, so if you piss someone off or someone died, then use the game's import options, everything is remembered and it even creates unique changes in mini side missions, NOT JUST the game's ending!

Cons:
If you like playing a game that basically forces you to use a cover-based system, you will like this game. If you do not like being forced into a single game mechanic such as a cover based combat, or bullet time to survive a shoot-out, or anything in that arena you MIGHT want to consider this one to pass. I found it very difficult because I hated the combat, but the story kept me going.
on November 5, 2016
Didn't like the fact that you have to install origin.
4 helpful votes
on August 12, 2014
I'm really only going to cover the aspects of the collection for this review. I'm only going to briefly mention the gameplay (drastic change from 1-2, made hugely better), the ending of ME3 (disappointing, but not as bad as it's been made out to be in my opinion - besides the game was so great it's worth the experience), and the story (ending aside, it's without a doubt the best I've encountered in an interactive medium).

My main purpose for this review will be to discuss this product as a collection of all three titles. As others have mentioned, the lack of inclusion of ALL DLC was extremely frustrating. Adding insult to injury, I would have thought that the purchase of DLC would have been linked to my EA/Origin account. Not so. I previously had purchased all DLC for all three games. Yet when I signed into Origin with the same credentials I used to connect my X360 copy (my 360 died recently), none of my DLC was available (none of my Multiplayer items were available either - another unpleasant surprise).

Really, if you're going to talk about this being a collection of all three games, it should include all the DLC (and certainly if you're going to make players connect their console copies to an EA account, said DLC should be available on all platforms).

A lot of people are making a big deal out of the Origin requirement - like the ending to the game, I think this is a bit more blown out of proportion than it needs to be. I didn't find Origin to be intrusive at all (in fact, I find it to be less intrusive than the commonly applauded Steam, but that's just my opinion - others may feel strongly differently). You sign in to Origin, you launch the game. Simple as that.

In all, a GREAT series, but this trilogy as a collection is pretty disappointing.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 27, 2015
If it wasn't for Mass Relays we wont have this series.

Experience -
This is a fun-filled, entertaining ride with enough wow moments to leave even John woo or Michael Bay gaping. Dont know why I made that reference but simply put this series is great whatever the ending (or edited ending). If you immerse yourself in things that are happening around, little dialogues, clues, the aliens, you will find that this is one of most well made games. Each game (action) intertwines into the next with so many references that it feels great.

I would highly recommend playing all 3 games back to back and see what consequences your actions have on the world around you. On a discount,. this series is well worth the money. They have also included the edited ending DLC for ME3 in this pack.

About Origin Client -
I already had Origin since I play games like Fifa, Dead Space (series) and Dragon Age (series), so it was nothing new to me. Just activate this game on Origin, download and get down to killing the Reapers. Origin is just like any other client, maybe not the best and not user-friendly but it does the basic job of downloading and playing the game. However, purchasing a game on Origin is completely different experience (hit and miss).

Keelah se'lai Shepard.
on March 4, 2015
Played Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 on Xbox and loved it, great story & game play, really unusually great game. A couple years later the Xbox died and setup a gaming computer instead, a nice improvement. Bought the Mass Effect Trilogy from Amazon, which requires setting up an account with "Origin" which then requires downloading the game even though the Trilogy is a 6 disk set, odd arrangement. Why bother sending out 6 disks if you have to download it anyway? I got ME1 installed with a couple snags, played thru it with no problems and now tried to install ME2. The origin account link and required download is not working, several attempts to fix it with Origin tech support (India) and still no joy. Fairly frustrating experience with a great game, that is now managed by a less than smooth company....Origin.
on May 26, 2015
There is a problem with getting the free extensions. (If you research mass effect 3 dlc download error) this problem is known and old. The technical support will ask you to do all sort of acrobatic that will not work and finish by telling you that someone will call you back… I you don’t have the same extensions as your friends, you won’t be able to play with them. I have some computer knowledge and I can tell you that my problem is not with my computer but with their servers… Take the DLC folder from a friend that has them, put it on your computer, log on your friend account and you see all the content is there. Load your account and it’s not and you can’t add it to your server account because a general error pops up every time you try.
on July 28, 2015
Well, aside from the direct link not even working on the Amazon Page (I found that you have to download Origin by EA and download them through that program), I have not been pleased by the purchase. The game downloads from Origin seem to be broken...I cannot get the first game to boot at all and even after numerous attempts at fixing the files it has been over 3 months and I cannot even get it to work. I have seen that MOST people that attempt to get it to work are unable to and it is really frustrating. Would not recommend at all.
22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.