Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Headphones" and save 45% off the $549.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Headphones
|Price:||$399.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Bluetooth 4.1 with AptxTM high quality audio.Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Technical features including a 4x industry average signal range and a 16-hour rechargeable battery
- Heavy grain premium cowhide on headband exterior surface and ear cup insets, soft lambskin on headband
- Stainless Steel foldable hinges
- 45mm Neodymium High-Performance Drivers.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
Master & Dynamic is a premium audio brand obsessed with sound and creativity. It is a New York City-based company with a deep passion for building beautifully crafted, richly appointed, technically sophisticated sound tools for creative minds. Its collection of headphones are tuned to provide a rich warm sound that perfectly captures the exceptional detail of well recorded music. Master & Dynamic sees its headphones as modern thinking caps: tools to help focus, inspire and transport your mind.
Designed for decades of use, Master & Dynamic products are engineered to last, utilizing only the finest materials such as premium leathers and stainless steel, which create the perfect balance of aesthetics, strength, comfort and sound.
Designed for Decades of Use
We engineer our products to last, utilizing heavy-duty materials such as premium leathers and stainless steel. We design our parts to be easily replaceable, ensuring that our headphones continue to perform with precision for decades to come.
Appointed with the Finest Materials
We build our products using only the finest and most durable luxury materials, maintaining the perfect balance of aesthetics, strength, comfort and utility.
Tuned for a Rich, Warm Sound
We sought a natural, detailed, live sound signature for our headphones. Our expansive soundscape captures the detail that well recorded music has to offer. Our tuning was designed to complement a diversity of tastes and musical genres.
Complemented by Functional Details
We carefully crafted all the essential functions and practical details into our designs, from the easily replaceable parts to separating the microphone from the remote for increased vocal clarity.
Wireless Over Ear Headphones
Our MW60 Wireless Over Ear Headphones are engineered to last, utilizing only the finest materials to create the perfect balance of aesthetics, strength, comfort and sound. Our MW60s combine patent pending stainless steel componentry with 'form-meets-function' exposed all-aluminum antenna to create uncompromised durability, style and best-in-class signal range.
- Bluetooth 4.1 with Aptx high quality audio
- 16-hour rechargeable battery
- 4x industry average signal range
- Foldable, stainless steel hinges
- Machined Aluminum antenna
- Tactile Controls
- Interchangeable lambskin ear pads
|Type||Wireless Over Ear||Over Ear||On Ear|
|Colorways||Brown, Gunmetal||Brown, Gunmetal, Black, Navy/Silver, Navy/Black, White, Alcantara||Brown, Gunmetal, Black, White, Alcantara|
|In the Box||Canvas Cord Case, Canvas Headphone Pouch, 1.25m Standard Cable, Leather Cable Box, Micro USB Charging Cable||Canvas Headphone Pouch, 3.5/3.6mm Gold-Plated Adapter, 1.25m Cable with Remote & Mic (iPod, iPad, & iPhone), 2.00m Standard Cable, Leather Cable Box||Canvas Headphone Pouch, 3.5/3.6mm Gold-Plated Adapter, 1.25m Cable with Remote & Mic (iPod, iPad, & iPhone), 2.00m Standard Cable, Leather Cable Box|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Stereo Advantage||Deal Source Network||Your Supply Company||Shopbop | East Dane (an Amazon company)||Hi-Fi Heaven-net||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3.75 x 10 x 8 in||1.97 x 7.28 x 7.87 in||7.87 x 3.15 x 7.09 in||16.73 x 8.46 x 9.84 in||4 x 7.4 x 9.9 in||7.6 x 9.2 x 5.2 in|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||0.79 lb||2.2 lbs||1.78 lbs||0.58 lb||2.31 lbs|
|Additional Features||Electroplated Steel: Providing superior durability., Weighted Base: With Rubber Foot Pad for stability and surface protection.||tangle-free-cord||—||wireless, microphone-feature||noise-cancellation||foldable, ios-phone-control|
The MW60 Wireless Over Ear Headphones are designed to be the ultimate modern mobile thinking caps: wireless tools to help focus, inspire, and transport your mind. Designed for decades of use, our Bluetooth headphones are built with only the finest materials and tuned to provide a rich, warm sound. Combining patent pending stainless steel componentry with “form-meets-function” exposed all-aluminum antenna to create uncompromised durability, style and best-in-class signal range.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
which is too bad. there are still some minor annoyances (as pointed out by others), the biggest being that they don't sit around your neck comfortably. the leather isn't ideal if the weather is too warm, either. and the pin that attaches the headband to the earphone is loose, making a slight jiggling/shaking noise as you walk.
let me stress that these are very minor in the scheme of things, and i love these headphones, and don't know of anything on the market that can compete. i've been looking to replace my old trusty Sony pair for months; all the new Sonys are plastic crap. still, the M&Ds do fall short of absolute perfection...
My only small criticism would be that when used wirelessly, the max volume is a little low. When using wired, max volume is fine.
After 9 months of solid use, trying very very hard to love this device, I had adjusted an original 5 star score down to 4, and now down to 2. Here are the reasons why I went back to using Master & Dynamic's wired MH40.
- Frequent cutting out, especially when crossing busy streets. This kills the immersion and is absolutely enraging coming out of such an expensive piece of equipment
- When the cutting out gets really bad, the headphones make painfully loud CLANG CLUNK CLANG noises. This is completely unacceptable from a device commanding a $500+ price point
- MW60 is less comfortable than MH40 when on the head/ears. I think the MH40's flat headband is more comfortable, and the slightly wider and more plush earcups feel better after extended use.
- MW60 is MUCH less comfortable worn around the neck. One of my favorite features of the MH40 is how comfortably it can be worn around the neck, since the earcups swivel completely out of the way of your chin. The MW60's earcups can't swivel completely flat, so they it is quite uncomfortable to leave around your neck.
- MW60, like the MH40, features earcups that are held in place on the headphones via magnets. The MW60's earcup magnets are much weaker, and the earcups fly off sometimes when taking off the headphones quickly. This never happens with the MH40, which uses stronger magnets
- MW60's has inferior sound quality compared to MH40. MW60 sounds dull in comparison. Not by a terrible much, but it is certainly noticeable
- To add salt to the wound, I emailed Master & Dynamic's customer service to initiate a warranty exchange, because I'm pretty sure that the CLANG CLUNK sounds may be due to malfunctions. I emailed them once a month for 3 months, and each email was ignored.
As such, I recommend you stay away from the MW60. The MH40 is a fine product, but the MW60 is a swing and a miss. I apologize for my optimistic review; I must have tried too hard to like this product.
OLD REVIEW BELOW
- Intro -
At first glance, the MW60 may look like it's just a MH40 copy with wireless functionality added; but once you take a closer look, it should be apparent that the MW60 is a completely different headphone. For one thing, the wireless MW60 is lighter than the MH40 (345g vs 360g)! If you are considering the MW60, you would be well advised to note the distinctions between the two and the noticeable downgrade in sound quality on the MW60 compared to MH40.
- Basics -
Because this is Master & Dynamic, it's a given that they get the basics right:
- Flawless construction and workmanship
- Top-shelf quality of materials used - you can tell that no expense was spared in selecting the best materials; these will never fail you (and the components that wear out can be replaced easily)
- Comfort - beauty is never skin deep with Master & Dynamic; somehow, that beautiful form still follows function resulting in unrivaled comfort. Currently, my worn-in MH40 are much more comfortable but I'm waiting to see how the MW60 feel after being broken in more. (EDIT: After a couple months of use, I have concluded that the MW60 are still less comfortable than the MH40. This is mostly due to the thinness of the headband, as compared to the much wider headband on the MH40). One unfortunate thing in the comfort department, though, is that the MW60 is not comfortable to wear around the neck. The earcups swivel about 45° (not enough to fold flat), but that doesn't seem to be enough flexibility, because no matter how I position the earcups, they always dig in to my neck uncomfortably. This is too bad, because the MH40 were extremely comfortable to keep around your neck, because the earcups swiveled further to be completely flat.
- Wireless -
The MW60 gets several wireless-headphone features PERFECT on it's first try. It seems like they thought of everything. Gone are the days that Bluetooth headphones come with the caveat of unreliability. The connectivity with these headphones is rock solid. Pairing with my phone went smoothly on the first try. Other positive things to note:
- On/off/pairing button is intuitive to use, feels substantial, and is well-placed for use with the headphones on your head
- multibutton/vol-/vol+ buttons are also well placed and feel satisfying to press
- vol-/vol+ buttons secondary functions (hold to skip/prev) work well
- plugging in the 3.5mm cable for wired use automatically turns off the MW60
- EDIT: THIS FEATURE DOES NOT WORK AT ALL on the instructions, it's noted that the MW60 can be connected to two devices wirelessly simultaneously for ease of switching devices
- No Active Noise Cancellation; this is a POSITIVE! The guys at M&D feel that messing with the sound for active noise cancellation degrades sound quality and instead opt for better passive noise cancellation with leather and memory foam earpads. I 100% agree with this approach. Active Noise Cancellation is a tech fad of a feature that takes away from the musicality of a headphone
- Sound Quality -
Perhaps this was my mistake, but my expectation of the MW60's sound quality was that it would be the same or better than the MH40. Unfortunately, this is where the MW60 falls short (to my ears, at least); after comparing the MH40 and MW60's wired performance, it's pretty obvious that the MH40 sounds better (anyone trying to describe how a headphone sounds immediately starts sounding like an idiot, but here goes: MW60's bass sounds more bloated, the highs are more lifeless; they sound more closed-in and less sophisticated). But they still sound ok, and I guess this is as good as it gets for wireless headphones for now.
- Summary -
MW60 is a masterpiece headphone with superb build quality and the best wireless functionality I've seen. However, the MW60 don't sound as good as MH40, but they still sound ok.
- Superb wireless functionality
- High quality materials
- Perfect craftsmanship
- Easy to set up and use
- Doesn't sound as good as the MH40
- Can't use for phone calls w/o wireless connection (because the wired connection turns off the bluetooth mic)
- Supposedly this device should be able to connect to multiple devices. This does not work at all for me; I have to factory reset the headphones each time I want to pair to a different device (I've tried to connect to a phone, tablet, and computer; I can only connect to one at a time)
- Uncomfortable to wear around the neck
I cannot yet confidently comment on:
- Long term durability (so far so good)
- Comfort (right now, MW60 feel less comfortable, but MW60 are fresh while MH40 have been worn-in for a year)
- Bluetooth vs wired sound quality comparison (they sound the same to me)
- Battery longevity
UPDATE - Folks were asking about battery replacements. I couldn't find info online, so I emailed Master&Dynamic about how to replace the battery. Here's what I was told:
"The battery is not user-replaceable, however, we do plan to have an out of warranty battery replacement program in place by the end of this year .
This will be much like the Apple battery replacement program, where we will replace this for a nominal fee if your MW60 is out of warranty."
All in all, these headphones are amazing if you want to hear everything in a balanced and fresh tone but has the ability to be pushed to the limits which ever those may be. The bluetooth is great and covers a good range but I have not measured distance or limit of walls.
All in all the build, look and sound of these headphones are amazing when compared to conventional options like the beats Studio 2.0.
They work without power when directly connected to the source using the cable which is a big plus.
Main criteria in deciding choosing these are:
- Noise Isolation is better in the long run than the Noise Cancelling
- Music quality
What is excellent:
- Design - pretty much my style. Solid build and sharp looking.
- Wireless - I went to the second floor with them on while the laptop was downstairs, and I had no cuts, music was playing.
What went wrong:
- For some reason I could not have them on for more than 2 hours, on the right side I was always having pain on my head/year, and always not on the right position. Had to shift them around often.
- Not an audiophile if that is a thing, but I did not had any "wow" effects or anything that made me scream "eureka". Seems that they sound as any other $50 to $100 headphones.
Will probably be looking for Active Noise Cancelling wireless phones.
At the same with the MW60 I had a pair of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1US252 and I found music to be the same and the quietness much better.
With all my tests I did stream Pandora highers quality they have - 192.
If I can find a Wireless ANC that have the quality
Most recent customer reviews
Incredible sound quality but not for day to day usage.Read more